FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    id like to replace my roof mount rod rack with a 6 or 8 position rack. I’m pretty sure there are some fabricators on BD, anyone interested?
    A59AC82B-7BB9-479D-9CFD-01FF512B7E5E.jpeg

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Florida
    Name
    Good
    Boat Name
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Hahahaha. And so it begins. Might as well hear this now, you’re already screwed anyway.

6-8 is for rookies. You’ll be wanting more 1-2 trips after. You have room going up the sides without throwing away your aft one. Look at SlapShot. 5 per side puts 14 on your top. Troll rods in the rail holders. That’s a decent start. When you hit a troll strike, troll rods replace the bait/iron sticks up top.

Troll reel screams. #1 grabs bait rod while #2 throws chum. #3 grabs bait rod. Capt clears empty troll rods and secured up top (where bait rods 1-3 were). By now, #2 is soaking a bait. Three trolls rods are cleared and up top. Capt fights troll fish. Land troll fish, swap troll rod for bait rod. No rods laid across the deck or in the way.

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    My current setup is 6 in the back and 4 on top:)
    I just need a couple more for the backup rods, ha ha

Right now we put a person on the troll fish while I clear the other troll rods, the other two toss bait and get bait lines in the water, then while the troll fish is coming in I grab a jig rod and start working that:)

I have 4 troll rods, 4 bait rods and two jig rods, that’s my 10:).

I’d like to have a regular place for some backup rods rather than down below:)

It does sound like “2rod itis”. Lol

Maybe if my boat was just two feet longer!!

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat Name
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    I built a 21 rod rack for my old Grady and we were still short.

I’m slowly trying to make the transition into full time fabrication but I do side work where I can fit it in right now. I’ve got a couple residential projects on the books right now but if it can wait a month or two I could assist. I go by Offshore Solutions. I have a FB page if you wanted to check it out.

Reactions: FVSerenity
    Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    Looks like you got some happy fisherman there Rod. Awesome job.

And yes, you definitely need more rod holders up top.
    im telling you it’s phenomenal out there, that was the product of a single bait stop that lasted almost 2 hours:)

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name

I’m slowly trying to make the transition into full time fabrication but I do side work where I can fit it in right now. I’ve got a couple residential projects on the books right now but if it can wait a month or two I could assist. I go by Offshore Solutions. I have a FB page if you wanted to check it out.
    And your just nextdoor:) I live in enumclaw:)

Upvote 0

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
  • May 9, 2010
    North of Kali!
    Name
    Dave
    Boat Name
    3 and counting!
    id like to replace my roof mount rod rack with a 6 or 8 position rack. I’m pretty sure there are some fabricators on BD, anyone interested?

Just walk to the end of float 12 and count, I think Miss Eliza has 58 rod holders now, but I could be short a few!

Ducker!

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Florida
    Name
    Good
    Boat Name
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    John’s crew only tie knots when on land

Upvote 0

Cohoho

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 19, 2010
    Lake Tapps, Washington
    Name
    Cohoho
    Boat Name
    COHOHO - 23 ft Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore - SOLD
    Contact Nick Rudnick on this site. His company is Rudnick designs. He makes all custom designed rod holders and other aluminum stuff.. All 100% perfect welds and even a “detail guy” can’t find a mistake.. Check Benjamin’s bad ass Pursuit as they added gold anonized rod holders. Check out Norm amazing boat as the rod holders were done by Nick and Isaac. They also make super cool fillet stations that nothing I’ve seen compares to them. Very reasonable and young guys starting out too!!

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
    Name
    Rick
    Boat Name
    Yes

No matter what, you will never have enough rod holders. I forget how many were standard on my boat, but when I spec'd it for construction, I increased the hard-top rod holders to 30, and added another 20 on the sides. They are always full. Bear in mind, this is for my normal crew of 6 fisherman, and is in addition to the transom / gunnel rod holders.

Reactions: Fog Ducker!
    Upvote 0

Reel Hooker

“Ice Melter”
    Sep 9, 2013
    Carnation
    www.metropolitandetail.com
    Name
    Benjamin
    Boat Name
    Parker 2320 Long Cabin 'REEL HOOKER'
    Contact Nick Rudnick on this site. His company is Rudnick designs. He makes all custom designed rod holders and other aluminum stuff.. All 100% perfect welds and even a “detail guy” can’t find a mistake.. Check Benjamin’s bad ass Pursuit as they added gold anonized rod holders. Check out Norm amazing boat as the rod holders were done by Nick and Isaac. They also make super cool fillet stations that nothing I’ve seen compares to them. Very reasonable and young guys starting out too!!

All I have to say is call nick, his guys are great, and do wonderful work. Rare to find craftsman anymore

Upvote 0

xtshawytscha

May 14, 2011
    Forks, WA, USA
    Name
    Eric
    Boat Name
    Cabin Fever - C Hawk 245

Ryan built our bait tank last year and he'll be the first person I call when it's time to make a few upgrades to our rocket launcher setup in a year or two. Super easy to work with, good communication and built the tank exactly like we wanted. I'd highly recommend talking to him.

Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat Name
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    Its a fucking winter project. Winter starts sum time in Oct. last thru early April when its time for Spring Butts. You Guys always want shit done in the Fishing Season. See Nick and Ryan. They don't fish so they can work on boats.

Cracker a fish off. Grab another Rod. I Tie enough top shots and hooks while on the water. GD ppl that use thumbs are my enemies. Test the drags and get to it.

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    Its a fucking winter project. Winter starts sum time in Oct. last thru early April when its time for Spring Butts. You Guys always want shit done in the Fishing Season. See Nick and Ryan. They don't fish so they can work on boats.

Cracker a fish off. Grab another Rod. I Tie enough top shots and hooks while on the water. GD ppl that use thumbs are my enemies. Test the drags and get to it.
    Yeah that’s pretty much what I’ve been running into, fish swallowing the hook so far you can’t see it, I have been tying up hooks on short leaders with swivels but I’m starting to think just tying a new hook is just as fast as unwrapping a pretied hook. On rare occasions someone will spool a line and birdcage it. That’s what I wanted a couple spare rods for:)
    Definitely a winter project, I have put 130 tuna across my deck so far this year so I will only be going out again if there is some sort of special occasion:). WP is wide open this year, thank you tuna gods!!!

Reactions: goatram
    Upvote 0