Stay thirsty my friends..
Nov 20, 2005
Laguna Beach
www.spearfishingmovies.com
Name
Austin
Boat
Fins
So I have my DVR set to record pretty much anything fishing related but after watching this weeks Cabo San Lucas episode, I feel like I just watched 3 minutes of actual fishing and 27 minutes of advertising! :Exploding_Smiley:
I realize that the ads pay for the program but come on, they really ought a change the name from "Ronny Kovach's Fishing Ventures" to "Ronny Kovach's sellout ventures" or maybe "Advertising with Ronny Kovach and 3 minutes of fishing"

...Could this guy sell out anymore??? :Backstab_emoticon:

Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
I record em all too. I usually fast forward through them if I watch before deleting.

Upvote 0

sulla

Jan 1, 2007
Torrance CA
Name
Sulla
Boat
Party Boat Near You
Not only Kovach but "Inside Sport Fishing" have their 30 minute infomercials more than I'd like to see (can you say talica or shimano).

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    What do you do for a living?ronnie and dan hernandez fish,sellouts or not it beats my job.

Upvote 0

M/V Santa Rosa

Apr 17, 2006
    san diego
    Name
    Tommy
    Boat
    20 foot bayrunner
    What do you do for a living?ronnie and dan hernandez fish,sellouts or not it beats my job.

Best thing about dan is the fact that he was at not one, but many many MLPA meetings and the guy is pretty cool when you get to know him, plus hes been around for along time helping out kids and such. DAN ROCKS

Upvote 0

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Agreed tommy,went on one of his charters last year with a friend and he was a great guy,much different then i expected.

Upvote 0

ISLAND BOUND

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jan 18, 2006
    Orange County
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    26 striper White Knuckles
    Upvote 0

Carcharodon

Nov 20, 2005
    Laguna Beach
    Name
    Austin
    Boat
    Fins

At least Dan markets his own products. Sorry, but I don't want to watch an infomercial for San Jose Del Cabo condominiums during a fishing show. I wonder if Ronny got a free condo out of it? Now I guess that would be worth selling out for.

Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
    Sep 16, 2008
    Yucca Valley, CA USA
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    Twin Vee "MamaMia"
    I don't mean to knock any of the guys and their TV shows. I appreciate that their shows are on TV and I do record and watch them. I understand that viewership is probably low, hence the heavy "infomertial" format. Just like the fine sponsors her on BD, I am glad the advertisers make it possible for this website and those shows to happen.

Upvote 0

samgann93

Aug 18, 2008
    Riverside, CA
    Name
    Sam Gann
    Boat
    None
    its a fishing show.... the host is gonna be corny and probably cant really fish... and they are gonna have lots of adds... just things we have to get over...

i really like inside sportfishing though.

Upvote 0
    Mar 5, 2006
    bellflower,ca
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    dont have one
    he's not selling out at all, he's just smart about getting free shit, and spending more time on the water than a good percentage of us here on this board. ive been on a couple of his sponsored trips, guy really knows his shit.. wish i could have or had all the sponsors hes accumulated over the years.

Upvote 0

djd35de

Jul 18, 2005
    Chula Vista
    Name
    David
    Boat
    18.5 Boston whaler
    I like the shows, They have to show the ads, thats how they get to do what they do. I don't hate on them. I wish it was me getting all that time on the water doing what i love, And getting PAID. Beats my job easy. If you record it, just fast forward the the ads etc..

Then you can watch both shows in 15 minutes. LOL

Upvote 0

Capt. G

BD Outdoors Contributor
    May 25, 2007
    Osaka, Japan
    www.bigbait.jp
    Name
    Capt. G
    Boat
    黒潮No.2
    Yeah, I'm jealous of Ronny and Dan too...

(Read what Tommy G. wrote--kinda sums it up)

Upvote 0

Aug 4, 2004
    California
    Name
    JB
    Boat
    Matson Inc.
    Ya, Ronney is a sell out. Sort of like a fishing radio show that is a sell out for Shimano and a specific long range operations. Is that generic enough for a post....probably not...

Upvote 0

Dos Locos

DC4LYFE, RIP Derelict #4
    Jan 6, 2004
    Running Springs, CA
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    Turned it in for an Ultralight Backpack and a couple of thousand miles of trail
    Ya, Ronney is a sell out. Sort of like a fishing radio show that is a sell out for Shimano and a specific long range operations. Is that generic enough for a post....probably not...

LOL LOL LOL

Upvote 0

Carcharodon

Nov 20, 2005
    Laguna Beach
    Name
    Austin
    Boat
    Fins
    What show do you watch that is not full of advertising?

Typical shows run 5 minutes of commercials every 15 minutes. Ronny's Show is nothing but a 30 minute long infomercial.

Look, no one likes ads, but there is a certain acceptable level of advertising that wont throw viewers off. Ronny's show has become a constant 30 minute long ad for everything from P-line, to the resorts that he stays at for free, to the boats hes on, the sunscreen hes wearing, and anyone else who will give him money. 6 minutes talking about a Condo/timeshare offer in San Jose Del Cabo with 3 minutes of fishing. To the people who are trying to defend him, sorry, that is selling out. Thats not a "Fishing Venture" it is an INFOMERCIAL!!!

....maybe he should just be straight with us, whip out some KY, tell us about the smooth, warming sensation, and where we can buy it, then proceed to fuck his audience of fishermen over in the ass with another 30 minutes of bullshit ad's.

Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
    May 11, 2007
    You're mined!
    www.csicop.org
    Name
    Alan
    Boat
    1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
    I said hello to Dan Hernandez at Santa Ana River Lakes about 2 months ago. He was on his way to the porta-potty and I didn't feel like shaking his hand after he was done so I guess I will have to wait until later to introduce myself. As usual I had a crappy night there but I don't know how Dan did as he was on the other side of the Bubble Hole from me. I never saw anyone on the other side catch anything though.

I won a $100.oo Simple Green gift pack after discussing T-Shark fishing with Ronnie K. on his radio show. I cannot count how many times I have awoken only to watch the 3 minutes of Dan's show. They seem like all right guys to me.

Upvote 0

allelect

Fishmaster
    Mar 17, 2004
    oceanside
    Name
    Todd
    Boat
    Uniflite Predator
    Reminds me of a website we all like! All the suden its surounded by ads. Have they too sold out? As for Inside Sportfishing at least his products relate to us! FA Sucks!
    That how they pay the bills and get cha ching in their pockets. Since we we see for free! Thanks Hope adds keep me seeing this site as well as some fishing shows.

Upvote 0

peshooter

Waterman
    Sep 22, 2008
    Fountain Valley
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    33 Blackfin- Never Again II
    Best way for me to sum up the 2 shows on Sundays is:
    Inside Sportfishing seem like genuinenly good guys that I would like to fish with and remind me of guys that I do fish with and have a great time with. Not so with Kovach, Ronnie is not a "So Cal" type.

Upvote 0