Ronnie Hillman......

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Vermonster, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Vermonster

Vermonster Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    I'm a Ho'.....
  2. fshholc

fshholc Member

Name:
    Jay
    Boat:
    sold
    IMO Big mistake!

3. Vermonster

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    I'm a Ho'.....
    Well, they predict 3rd round, possibly earlier. He's losing 3 offensive lineman and Lindley. Might be a good time to go.....

4. rivertake

rivertake Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    LOBSTER
    Boat:
    CATCHER
    Damn. Hate to see him go for selfish reasons. Was a blast to watch run the last three years. IMHO another year would benefit him,,,,, however, Lindley's last year and the O line will lose three starters, Can't say as that I blame him. Injuries and or less production with marginal blocking could hurt his stock.

5. mc08066

mc08066 Newbie

Name:
    Jimmy Greene
    Boat:
    kayak
    You realized how big of a mistake letting Sproles go. Well make up for it and draft this kid in the 3rd round. Problem solved, although Hillman will need to get better with blocking blitz packages.

6. hotrod

hotrod El Capitan

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    22' Grady White Seafarer ("GalaxSea")
    I disagree...this was talked about on 1090 the other day. Hillman is not a 3rd down back since they rarely used him to catch balls out of the backfield, just check his stats. Can he learn to do it? maybe so, but til then, I wouldnt draft him for that.

7. rivertake

rivertake Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    LOBSTER
    Boat:
    CATCHER

Sounds great to me. I love the kid. LIGHTNING quick and explosive. Has a great heart and motor too. Catching a football is not the difficult, hell I can do it. I think a third down back and returner could be his future. I saw him take more than a few passes out of the backfield at state and go the distance.

8. BiggestT

BiggestT I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Sounds like the Aztecs will get Dillon Baxter transferring from SC. I'm sure his parents will vet the offensive game plans for the Aztecs.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. Vermonster

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    I'm a Ho'.....
    Hey, if you are going to ignore me, then why are you commenting in my threads??????

10. mc08066

mc08066 Newbie

Name:
    Jimmy Greene
    Boat:
    kayak
    Keep in mind that Hillman is the best back since Faulk and numbers are similar for SDSU.
    Hillman is still young but he has really good instincts and knows how to read his blockers. Sound alot like Sproles to me. Hillman will need to improve in pass blocking but Sproles did also when coming out of college. Something tells me a 3rd rounder would be a steal for this guy. As far as 1090, like their station but they are not always right. Remember how these guys like the English draft.

11. hotrod

hotrod El Capitan

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    22' Grady White Seafarer ("GalaxSea")
    Well Jimmy, rumor has it Belicheat really wanted English too btw and was disappointed that the Bolts drafted him on draft day. So you never know with the draft.

12. mc08066

mc08066 Newbie

Name:
    Jimmy Greene
    Boat:
    kayak
    Yeah but keep in mind that Ohter was sitting right there and the previous year there was a run on Offensive Tackles before the Chargers pick. Wish they had made that pick. I'm so tired of Clary, getting called for movement or getting beat on a key 3rd down to have to punt. Patriot pick I believe was like 8 picks later which brings up a point, Chargers have a tendency to not always get good value when picking. Reason for their demise is because AJ who has had numerous high picks, keeps trading up to get players he probably would of gotten before the trades. Hell if he traded up 4 picks that year, the Chargers could of had
    Orakpo instead of English. Key here was to get the player you needed to trade up. Not trade up to get a player that would have been there already with out the trade.

Patriots can afford to miss on players because of their strategy of giving up a pick and getting a pick in the next round and a pick next year, they then trade one of those picks for two more picks later. Patriots don't always win on picks, they just have more picks then anyone else that drafting. They also know the value of protecting their franchise QB, they select OT in the 1st round. Smith thinks it good value to have 6th rounders and FA as Right Tackles. Me thinks is a good way of never advancing in the playoffs. Talented OT provide good running lanes and can provide River's comfort a pocket. Do this and you'll see the Chargers offense be productive in the Red Zone.