critterkiller

AKA Cohobankie
Jul 18, 2012
W.Seattle
Name
Jefe'
Boat
1998 Tiderunner Pt. Defiance
When I bought the new to me boat a few years ago it came with rollers. I don't like them and the boat sits higher than I like causing my truck to get deeper into the launch than needed which is terrible in WS. Really just need to get the rollers off but I don't have a forklift, or the time for trial and error so who does this work and roughly how much does it cost? Appears to just need two carpeted 4x4's and adjusting.
IMG_20210122_202052101.jpg
IMG_20210122_202101831.jpg

badlaz69

Window licker
Mar 1, 2009
tuna town wa
Name
limey
Boat
23'grady
Talk to Elkins he replaced roller to bunks you will need to buy the brackets for bunks also find someone who has the same boat you have sitting on bunks and take measurements

Rusty123

Yep
Mar 7, 2019
Long Beach
Name
Rusty
Boat
Bayliner cuddy
Its not hard to do yourself if you dont mind doing a little labor.
Determine your bunk length, prefab your boards and get the correct screws for your setup. I prefer 2x6 lumber, covered in the CE Smith bunk carpet (much thicker than others). I have used cheaper stuff and it doesnt last. Staple carpet on leaving the bottom open for drainage.
Launch your boat somewhere while you remove the rollers and just bolt the bunks on with lag screws, it looks like you already have holes in your trailer supports ready for bunks. Easy job, should take less than 30 mins to install boards, prob closer to 10 min if you have a drill and an impact driver.
Cost wise, lumber is about $20 a board of 12’ length from Lowes, screws and lock washers about $1 each, I needed 32 total. Carpet was about $35 from Amazon. So total, a little over $100 for all the parts. Trailer shops will charge around $400 to do the job generally depending how big your setup is.

Last edited:

namumac

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 2, 2016
Ilwaco, WA
Name
Bill
Boat
Koffler Bay Bee
Its not hard to do yourself if you dont mind doing a little labor.
Determine your bunk length, prefab your boards and get the correct screws for your setup. I prefer 2x6 lumber, covered in the CE Smith bunk carpet (much thicker than others). I have used cheaper stuff and it doesnt last. Staple carpet on leaving the bottom open for drainage.
Launch your boat somewhere while you remove the rollers and just bolt the bunks on with lag screws, it looks like you already have holes in your trailer supports ready for bunks. Easy job, should take less than 30 mins to install boards, prob closer to 10 min if you have a drill and an impact driver.
That's how I did it. I did add UHMW to the top of the bunks. Pretty easy project.

Reactions: liltrouble

critterkiller

AKA Cohobankie
Jul 18, 2012
W.Seattle
Name
Jefe'
Boat
1998 Tiderunner Pt. Defiance
I am capable. Maybe just get a slip at shilshole for a day and hit it. Fisheries is close if I forget something. If anyone on here has a tiderunner pt defiance on bunks please let me know.

Reactions: goatram

bdrlgion

Apr 11, 2014
Seattle
Name
"Mulligan"
Boat
18' Tiderunner Runabout
I am capable. Maybe just get a slip at shilshole for a day and hit it. Fisheries is close if I forget something. If anyone on here has a tiderunner pt defiance on bunks please let me know.
Pm sent

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
Harbor Marine has a lot of EZ Loader and Tiedown parts for this. People splash their boats and do trailer repairs at the boat launch. They have a launch load day dock and this time of year they dont enforce the 4 hour rule. They are close and have monel staples. If your boat is over 6k# consider 4x6 lumber with boat resting on the high end. also, bunk slicks on top instead of bare carpet will make loading unloading easier.

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Name
Steve
Boat
"Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
It's much easier to do if you can take measurements from an existing bunk trailer setup for your hull. When I switched mine, I had Limey's to measure from. From the measurements, I was able to make a list of the exact brackets and boards I needed so the bunks were at the right elevation and position to support the hull properly. It came out damn near perfect from the outset and I only had one minor adjustment to make after I loaded the boat... had to raise the front of the outside bunk about 1".