Rod for Battle III

PENN

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
I'm thinking about getting a budget-conscious spinning setup. The Battle III 6000 or 6000H. Would like to use it for a variety of things, including throwing poppers, surface irons, bait for schoolie tuna, maybe even bombs for wahoo, etc. Any recommendations on an equally budget-conscious rod that would fit the bill?

Upvote 0

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    Post in classifieds Looking for Rod want to buy section.
    I saw a real cool seeker for a good price awhile back.
    Or PENN might have a combo?

Reactions: nicodemus
    Upvote 0

nicodemus

Apr 10, 2012
    The 505
    Name
    Nick B
    Boat
    African Queen
    I did check the Penn site, they are out of stock on a lot of stuff. I may post in the classified, but I don't live in CA so shipping is a potential issue with rods, definitely 8'+ rods. Just exploring what options are out there.
    I tried to find an Okuma PCH 8' spinner H or MH, but can't find a single one online. There's the PCHi (inshore), but not enough strength for what I want.

Upvote 0

Caseymcv

Old man
    Feb 6, 2017
    Wildomar
    Name
    Casey
    Boat
    In my dreams
    I did check the Penn site, they are out of stock on a lot of stuff. I may post in the classified, but I don't live in CA so shipping is a potential issue with rods, definitely 8'+ rods. Just exploring what options are out there.
    I tried to find an Okuma PCH 8' spinner H or MH, but can't find a single one online. There's the PCHi (inshore), but not enough strength for what I want.
    Check Charkbait

Reactions: nicodemus
    Upvote 0

nicodemus

Apr 10, 2012
    The 505
    Name
    Nick B
    Boat
    African Queen
    That Teramar looks like a nice rod and a good price, but I think I want something a little stouter. Haven't yet checked Charkbait, next on my list now!

Upvote 0