plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
jim
Boat
24 ft grady white
Those wrap colors look like the old Stanley Andrews ram rods which were Kennedy Fisher blanks.I have a bait stick with those same colors and the brown grips.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
they look like a lot of work to rebuild. the rod blanks also would need to be refinished...and they need to be handled very gentle...

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
For those who think they'll make a "profit" when they buy old fishing tackle.... remember what an antiques dealer once told me. He said their worth a million ... memories. But that's all. There maybe an item here or there...that is worth slightly more than its original retail price... but few and far between.

The great value..... is personal.... "memories". For that most fishermen keep those items for their own hall of fame. But buying a $10 dollar rod at a garage sale and investing $100 in materials and 20-30 hours of labor.....better be for yourself brother. Just saying....

Reactions: Cubeye and la vida

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Reactions: blowncar

blowncar

Sep 8, 2013
Ocean Shores Washington/Mexico waters
Name
james
Boat
52' Hatteras C Lobos Del Mar
Woodfish, i'm not interested in trying to buy old tackle to flip. I got these in a nice bundle so i have no $'s into them. They look and feel identical to a pair of older Kaufman 30 igfa's i had rewrapped a few years ago. Thought maybe wrapping the same and having a quad of light trollers for sailfish/dorado.

woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Hey that works brother. No problem. My only thought is this..... New guides.... thread.... clear coat.... new grips....and all the labor and time you'll have invested. The only difference is your cost for a new blank. Just saying.....If you've made up your mind do it!

One last thought.....I'm a true lover of the fiberglass rods.... and know they have a tendency to become more " noodly" over time.... losing their stiffness. Even identical 30# trolling rods. Good.luck brother.