He's On Again!?!
May 31, 2003
Poway redneck
www.wedigscripps.com
Name
Ron
Boat
23' Maritime Patriot
Was planning on running offshore, but had a quick change of plans once we got out of the bay. Bouncy and windy - no bueno at 4am...

Plan B, hit the islands. Started at o'dark thirty at the middle grounds with very little signal.

Shot down to the rockpile and put one on the boat pretty quick. Not much after that and we ended up chasing the bird schools around that were south of the pile. Looked fishy, but nothing to show.

Ended up back up at SKR with the flotilla (Thursday's are starting to look like the weekends lately). Lot's of slack rods, until we hear hootin' and hollerin' from the Grande. Figured WTF, no shame in my game. We ended up parking next to them and put three more better grade yellowtail in the box. It pretty much shut down after that and the wind started coming up - so off we went.

The best part of the day was getting back early...

Upvote 0

Baja Belk

Long sappy fish stories.
Sep 8, 2009
San Diego/CA/USA
Name
Mike
Boat
18.5 Striper CC - Puro Grande
. Figured WTF, no shame in my game. We ended up parking next to them and put three more better grade yellowtail in the box.

That seemed to be the ticket yesterday. I tried to play hero and bailed to find my own fish.......and didn't find any.

Everywhere else was dead, except Pukey, which came to life around 1-2 ish, but dogs were on every single fish. I saw 4 get hooked, and 4 get sealed right away. I had one glued to my transom so I didn't even bother.

SKR is the place to be for now.

Reactions: Hustler
Upvote 0