Sgtsilbaugh

"Keep calm and.........FISH ON!!!!"
Apr 14, 2014
Brea
Name
Kevin
Boat
qajaq
Dropper loop with squid, although I have been hearing about this micro jigging on Youtube that looks fun. This is also refered to as slow pitch jigging. It consists of two main types of lures, the fluttering falling (flat fall) lure and a octopus looking one (basically the lucanus lures). Also, a super soft rod that is about 6 ft long. It is big in Australia and Japan, and even the east coast. This is not the same as high speed jigging. Just the opposite. In Australia it seems to kill the snapper and deep reef fish. If anybody has a personal experience with this could you please share your experience and even setup info. Sorry, don't want to high jack thread.
Anyone try these? The Japanese use these for reef species. Just picked it up from Fisherman's Access
uploadfromtaptalk1424920757821.jpg

Upvote 0

Sgtsilbaugh

Apr 14, 2014
Brea
Name
Kevin
Boat
qajaq
Nice! I'm waiting for Fisherman's Access to get some 3/0 assist hooks in. All they have its 5/0 at the moment

Upvote 0

russ1962

Live to Fish.....Fish to Live!
  • Oct 4, 2011
    Whittier
    Name
    Russ
    Boat
    Someone Else's
    I'm looking to try it this Sunday. Not only have all the shops got in the shimano flat fall, but I just discovered that Fisherman's Access by my house has a bunch of Damiki Japan back drop jigs. I want to try the two out side by side. Check out jigging world.Com, they got a bunch of slow pitch jigs, jigging rods, etc.

You must have been talking to Jack. :)

Reactions: Sgtsilbaugh
    Upvote 0

Sgtsilbaugh

Apr 14, 2014
    Brea
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat
    qajaq
    You must have been talking to Jack. :)
    Actually I was talking to Frank, but Jack was there. They're gonna be getting in more of the Japanese style jigs in though (Damiki Japan) brand. I told them I'd be interested in the new suplex jig.

Upvote 0

dontfishenuff

Sep 5, 2007
    Granada Hills
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    26 skipjack
    Uncle Jeff uses a double dropper loop with squid strips for cod, a single drooper loop with long tag with fin bait for ling and this season gonna try and loose less iron with shrimp fly above to the rocks.

Upvote 0

tunajuan

Jul 11, 2009
    Imperial valley
    Name
    juan
    Boat
    bait bandit
    I'm looking to try it this Sunday. Not only have all the shops got in the shimano flat fall, but I just discovered that Fisherman's Access by my house has a bunch of Damiki Japan back drop jigs. I want to try the two out side by side. Check out jigging world.Com, they got a bunch of slow pitch jigs, jigging rods, etc.
    Went out on the San Diego to coronados some dude was using that flat fall jig he hooked up a few yellowtail nice jig!!!!

Upvote 0

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
    May 31, 2003
    not a spoiled bitch from san diego
    Name
    bill
    Boat
    I hate boats
    5/0 circles hooks on a double dropper. enough weight to hold bottom. 30# leader to swivel to 65#+ braid. short stiff rod. any reel that works.

they're just rockfish....freezer fillers.... 3/4 day out of most any socal landing for maybe a hundred bucks............. or go overnight and add in a chance for WSB, halibut, yt

Upvote 0

Rick Kirby

Sep 18, 2009
    Lakeside, CA, USA
    Name
    Rick Kirby
    Boat
    21' - Seaswirl - Hotrod
    For Rockfish: Spider hitch knot with 8 oz. Diamond Jig below and orange/brown Fishtrap above both dressed in a strip of squid. Slow lift and fall. Never fails!

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    Rockfish,what is my favorite way to fish for them?

Come on dude!
    Is this a trick question or what?

with your girlfriend :)

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    just kidding:)

Both!

Upvote 0

Fleet Admiral

Lucky Beads
    Jun 6, 2012
    Some Where
    Name
    Joe
    Boat
    La Mirage
    Dropper loop with squid, although I have been hearing about this micro jigging on Youtube that looks fun. This is also refered to as slow pitch jigging. It consists of two main types of lures, the fluttering falling (flat fall) lure and a octopus looking one (basically the lucanus lures). Also, a super soft rod that is about 6 ft long. It is big in Australia and Japan, and even the east coast. This is not the same as high speed jigging. Just the opposite. In Australia it seems to kill the snapper and deep reef fish. If anybody has a personal experience with this could you please share your experience and even setup info. Sorry, don't want to high jack thread.
    Im more into "high speed jigging" (Vertical jigging) but i have micro jigged before for rockfish and it does work just as well as a dropper loop with squid or an iron. Setup- BH pioneer slow jigging rod (b-63), avet sxj with 30lb straight braid, jigs- BH biter and taifun V

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    Iron with a little strip of ..........uh,squid:)

Upvote 0

Sgtsilbaugh

Apr 14, 2014
    Brea
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat
    qajaq
    Im more into "high speed jigging" (Vertical jigging) but i have micro jigged before for rockfish and it does work just as well as a dropper loop with squid or an iron. Setup- BH pioneer slow jigging rod (b-63), avet sxj with 30lb straight braid, jigs- BH biter and taifun V
    uploadfromtaptalk1425095872978.jpg

Ever use these ones? Can't wait to try it out!

Upvote 0