aguachico

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
Got mine and they are really well built. Only problem is I ordered 30 and my girl saw them and asked where are MINE? Should have got 100.

1toughfish

Mar 11, 2013
San Francisco/Los Angeles
Name
Young
Boat
none
It won't let me upload a photo for being too big but here's a positive review from me! Tested them out on a high low rig with a swim bait and the feather did great. Good quality and glows nicely! Might be putting in another order soon for a friend

Kph63

Mar 10, 2014
Name
Kevin
Boat
North River and Davis Cortez
I just received mine a couple of days ago, and look forward to trying them on Monterey Bay Rock Fish....I hope my check arrived.
FYI folks, when I place my order via email, Jan responded immediately, and sent the order out the next day.
Stay Healthy everyone!

Reactions: Jan from Humbol

Jan from Humbol

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 20, 2003
Springfield Mo
humboldttuna.com
Name
Jan (As in Dutchman)
Boat
Beached :(
You all be safe out there don't catch anything you can't eat ;)

Jan from Humbol

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 20, 2003
Springfield Mo
humboldttuna.com
Name
Jan (As in Dutchman)
Boat
I know things are tough, and hardly anyone is fishing much less working, god bless you all and keep you safe and healthy.

Keep the faith that this too shall be over, sooner rather than later. ;)

We're hunkered down here in the furbag free state of Misery (Missouri) :) and doing our best to stay healthy and free of the crud.

I got out early this AM and made a run to wally world for supplies and I think recovery is around the corner as there are paper towels and T.P. back on the shelf so I'll take that as a good sign.

I'm still spinning flys up so when you folks are ready I'll be here ready to go.

Last edited:

Jan from Humbol

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 20, 2003
Springfield Mo
humboldttuna.com
Name
Jan (As in Dutchman)
Boat
Love these flies... Didn't even need to bait them.

View attachment 1135545
Great catch! The only thing I ever used was a 2"x 1/2" strip of fresh salmon skin when the fish got lock jaw.

It's pretty greasy and leaves a good scent trail and is pretty tough.

Reactions: aguachico

Noms

Aug 12, 2017
San Diego
Name
Angel
Boat
No boat just a kayak.
Got my order of flies in last week. Great seller, very prompt to ship and reply.
Very very pleased with the flies. Look great and the hook is solid. Going to be ordering more in the future. Know for sure some of these are going to be given away.

Reactions: Jan from Humbol

Jan from Humbol

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 20, 2003
Springfield Mo
humboldttuna.com
Name
Jan (As in Dutchman)
Boat
I can imagine these would absolutely kill on a dropper loop.
I fish them over a "Butterfly"style jig and use a Seagar type dropper rather than the spin and tuck weak as hell traditional dropper loop knot. And yes they do definitely kill fish.

Reactions: Goldenglory18