Road Kill Harvest

Discussion in 'Hunting Discussion' started by waynesworld, Oct 19, 2019.

1. waynesworld

waynesworld Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Wayne
    Boat:
    Sold it -need a ride
  2. 45king

45king Tuna smasher

Name:
    danny
    Boat:
    bw montauk
    I was in alaska in June and they have this program going. Nothing wasted! I got to enjoy some moose while there cause the neighbor recovered one that got clipped by a big truck!

CartridgeCalls likes this.
  3. cchris

cchris Member

Name:
    Cris
    Boat:
    friends :)
    Im a little confused: when you say the neighbor recovered one hit by a truck - did you guys used a tow truck to move it ( normal procedure since you are not allowed to butcher an animal in the road/ street) ? I know in many places ( city limits) in Alaska the department of Fish and Game won’t let you touch it, the state pays someone to move it and meat goes to the local shelter.

4. 45king

45king Tuna smasher

Name:
    danny
    Boat:
    bw montauk
    He told us highway patrol was on site and waited for them to come get it. To be honest with u, it sounded like they quartered it and took all of it and discarded what wasn’t used. I don’t know the finer details. I showed up to 2 hind quarters hanging in his garage.

CartridgeCalls and cchris like this.
  5. CartridgeCalls

CartridgeCalls 100% Disabled Veteran Owned Business

Name:
    Curtis
    Boat:
    Bust Out Another Thousand
    There is a program there now that allows people to buthcer on the spot. We helped butcher a cow in September that was hit and the person who showed up from a call list had a permit from the DFW to butcher it on the spot. Only took us about 1.5 hours to get her inthe truck. The truck that hit her was a total loss but the driver survived.