Capt Devo

Fish Hard
Mar 14, 2010
San Clemente
Name
Devo
Boat
Trophy
When Gavin left you should of driven up in front of him back and forth for a good while this simple and legal maneuver will disable All his Fish Finders

jim isbell

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
Here is captain Gavin throwing jigs at us last Saturday. This was after he almost crashed into us (stopped about fifteen feet from my bow and then ran down to the tank to throw bait)when we were on a spot of yellowfin. Could of reached out and touched the anchor with my rod tip. After we drifted off the bite we went to reset. Kept more than a safe distance. As you can see we were out of (luckily) casting distance. Screaming and yelling at us after he poached our bite. Tried about five times to cast at us and cast over our lines while we were hooked up. I used to have nothing but respect for the queen and Gavin but no more. Had that hit us this would have been a different story as he could of seriously hurt one of my passengers. I’m sure some of you will side with the queen but they slid onto our bite. We reset at a respectable distance, especially since he slid up to us in the first place. He even went back upstairs to get a longer rod when he realized we were out of range for the setup he was using. My opinion is that this is ridiculous and could of ended up in a bad situation for all involved.

This happens a lot--but mark this. ONE DAY, maybe even a child will get hit in the head with a lead weight. Imagine. Now EVEN IF the private boater WERE in the wrong--as they sometimes/sometimes are not--in the wrong, can you imagine in court over a child's severe injury or death, the defense lawyer trying to get sympathy because you crashed his bite? And that is putting aside, that in this case, it was the other way around. Point is, you do not need to know "who was in the right" to know, that launching an object at you is wrong and that alone, IMO, should result in a heavy fine--whoever does the throwing. Yet, we know the drill--they will do DICK, until someone gets hurt. Then and only then will there be action and that's too bad, it really is. That skipper/deck hand, passenger (whoever the hell would toss it) ought to be yanked back hard.

TAG407

Jul 13, 2017
NorCal
Name
TG
Boat
Parker
yawnnn...2 sides to every story. Sensitive snowflakes these days. Guaranteed no tuna are snappin between you and him anyways. Over and out to a new spot!

Reactions: chachi10

jim isbell

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
yawnnn...2 sides to every story. Sensitive snowflakes these days. Guaranteed no tuna are snappin between you and him anyways. Over and out to a new spot!
Yep, and when YOUR five your old end up in the hospital--wonder how "snowflake" like YOU might get--right buddy?

stickbass

Mar 14, 2008
mesa, az
Name
richard
Boat
none
I've had my far share & maybe somebody elses physical encounters....even when I/you win there is ALWAYS the looming possibility of knocking somebody out in the "parking lot"...their head bounces off the concrete....they die....you are in a world of hurt....the court system....HUGE attorney fees...etc....etc...PLUS today...seemingly everybody has a cell phone...

Many a time/s I still want to "teach an Asshole a lesson"....then I think to myself....is this Asshole worth going to prison over???!!!....the answer is always...NO!!!

If the offending party ( Asshole) thinks their tough...I give them the address of where I work out....tell them come by...sign an injury release waiver form & we can Factually demonstrate..."Who's Tough"...

No one ever shows up!!!....Queegueg
Like Ivan drago said, “if he dies, he dies”

Alan

Dec 15, 2003
Ventura
atlantisutility.com
Name
Alan
Boat
Skipjack 25
Here is captain Gavin throwing jigs at us last Saturday. This was after he almost crashed into us (stopped about fifteen feet from my bow and then ran down to the tank to throw bait)when we were on a spot of yellowfin. Could of reached out and touched the anchor with my rod tip. After we drifted off the bite we went to reset. Kept more than a safe distance. As you can see we were out of (luckily) casting distance. Screaming and yelling at us after he poached our bite. Tried about five times to cast at us and cast over our lines while we were hooked up. I used to have nothing but respect for the queen and Gavin but no more. Had that hit us this would have been a different story as he could of seriously hurt one of my passengers. I’m sure some of you will side with the queen but they slid onto our bite. We reset at a respectable distance, especially since he slid up to us in the first place. He even went back upstairs to get a longer rod when he realized we were out of range for the setup he was using. My opinion is that this is ridiculous and could of ended up in a bad situation for all involved.

Interesting post and comments. May I suggest you call or visit him. Explain your side on what you think happened. If that holds no resolution than simply file a coast guard report for unsafe boat operation.

Reactions: mandoman68

theredman

Mar 22, 2007
Pismo Beach
Name
Steve merino
Boat
2016 Ranger Bay 2510
Sport boat captains feel they own the ocean.
I was in MDR fishing sand bass all by myself, sporty pulled right up on me. I could easily cast to them if I wanted. I understand it’s there livelihood and gave to fill bags, but WTF? I’m sure the sand bass bite was just as good A few hundred yards away. I moved A little to keep A safe distance end of story.

Reactions: Alan

Tugboat64

Sep 8, 2017
Fishing in the Closest Water
Name
Logan
Boat
Wanting a bigger boat
This happens a lot--but mark this. ONE DAY, maybe even a child will get hit in the head with a lead weight. Imagine. Now EVEN IF the private boater WERE in the wrong--as they sometimes/sometimes are not--in the wrong, can you imagine in court over a child's severe injury or death, the defense lawyer trying to get sympathy because you crashed his bite? And that is putting aside, that in this case, it was the other way around. Point is, you do not need to know "who was in the right" to know, that launching an object at you is wrong and that alone, IMO, should result in a heavy fine--whoever does the throwing. Yet, we know the drill--they will do DICK, until someone gets hurt. Then and only then will there be action and that's too bad, it really is. That skipper/deck hand, passenger (whoever the hell would toss it) ought to be yanked back hard.
It’s not one day it’s already happened, I’m not naming names of the boat that rolled in on our spot while we were on minn kota trolling motor anchor mode and started screaming at us because we rolled in on his spot when everyone could easily tell he anchored wrong and wasn’t set, well before we knew it I was being hit in the head with sardines. (At the time I was 9)

slydawg

Always wishin' I was fishin'
Jul 14, 2004
Alta Loma/Huntington
Name
Billy
Boat
WWW - 25’ Proline
Don't waist the Coast Guards time......find out who there insurance company is and complain to them it is a huge burn If they really did something dangerous which I didn't see in your video. If the there passengers left the boat happy then they will say you were at fault if they had an off trip they may be OK with burning the Crew?

Lastly the Coast Guard wouldn't give a rats ass about this it just gives them a reason to do an anal exam on all the boats in question. It's a big ocean I see this shit coming a mile away and go elsewhere.
What a waist.

Hardcor

Hardcore
Jun 8, 2014
Hardcore
www.youtube.com
Name
Hardcore
Boat
Hardcore
It’s not one day it’s already happened, I’m not naming names of the boat that rolled in on our spot while we were on minn kota trolling motor anchor mode and started screaming at us because we rolled in on his spot when everyone could easily tell he anchored wrong and wasn’t set, well before we knew it I was being hit in the head with sardines. (At the time I was 9)

Reactions: Hippie
Jun 26, 2018
San Diego
Name
West
Boat
2020 World Cat “Knot Reel”
Pretty messed up. The licensed captain needs to keep his cool or he is not going to make it in this business. Pretty stupid move no matter what the situation was and very bad PR for the Pac Queen. Of course we have all seen asshat private boaters follow and get to close to the sporties. This makes everyone with a private boat look bad. Same crap we see on the roads everyday.

Reactions: Hippie

mandoman68

Big Loco
Mar 3, 2008
Aztlan
Name
Mandoman
Boat
Kathleen
Pretty messed up. The licensed captain needs to keep his cool or he is not going to make it in this business. Pretty stupid move no matter what the situation was and very bad PR for the Pac Queen. Of course we have all seen asshat private boaters follow and get to close to the sporties. This makes everyone with a private boat look bad. Same crap we see on the roads everyday.
Yup. I've fished with Gavin. Hes a reckless idiot. He knows me. met his dad too. We dont like each other. He is a great capt, super fishy but very inconsiderate even to his passengers. Hope hes taught a lesson. Hope he grows up. Kicking his ass' wont help he'll just tell his dad.

Hardcor

Hardcore
Jun 8, 2014
Hardcore
www.youtube.com
Name
Hardcore
Boat
Hardcore
Did My post strike a little too close to home Cuntis?!...You Prawn Poofter....Are you still figuring out why you feel most comfortable wearing a tampon & sitting down to Pee???!!!!...

Best to seek advice from Anal Cored :indabutt:( Corey) or PantySissy1 :gay::supergay:( Paddyman1)....as they've both come to terms with their True Homosexual Identities!!!.....Queegueg
Your mommy's knocking at her basement door. She wants to vacuum the crumbs off her keyboard and your belly.

To release this many fish you have to catch this many fish.
This is what a fishing report looks like
Notice I pull up on some puddling Yellowfin Tuna with nobody around and get them going to the point of releasing limits and calling in the fleet.
Sportfishing comes from Sportsmanship

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.