kevina

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
That fucken sucks! I have had the same shit happen to me over the past few seasons from the sporties, who shall remain nameless. Just as many from PBers.
Why didn't you cast a jig right back at them. 2 wrongs make a right! That's why you need to carry seal bombs with you,, All you would of had to do is drop a couple seal bombs in the water when he started brailing bait,, Then leave and no one gets any fish!!!!

Jones-White

Apr 10, 2018
Long beach
Name
Chris
Boat
Handmade 22' V hull Dory. (Jeff Spira Design)
Open yo eye lil chinee boy. How do you guys not see gavins iron hitting the water 5 or 10 feet from the OP boat??? Hes clearly casting directly at them. I always looked up to there operation. Now just another boat on the crossed off list.

Trebble hooker

working da pole
Jan 26, 2017
San Diego
Name
Robert
Boat
Trebble hooker
Open yo eye lil chinee boy. How do you guys not see gavins iron hitting the water 5 or 10 feet from the OP boat??? Hes clearly casting directly at them. I always looked up to there operation. Now just another boat on the crossed off list.
Damn didn't know ol boy was Asian for him not to be able to stream the video, maybe they don't have good Internet connection in Asia, the fuck I know.

Reactions: Reel hip

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
+
He is still easily in range for my slingshot...-:rofl:

Someone will probably be waiting for him in the parking lot with a rubber hose sooner or later.

Reactions: marlyn

dctalk523

Dec 28, 2007
County of Orange
Name
ChoeMan
Boat
Never
Damn didn't know ol boy was Asian for him not to be able to stream the video, maybe they don't have good Internet connection in Asia, the fuck I know.
What’s up w/ the racist Asian comments?

DennisV

Jan 4, 2017
Paloma, CA
Name
Dennis Vagt
Boat
Just a NuCanoe Frontier now.
Stress , stress , stress , is what these boat captains put up with you certainly look far enough away , maybe he just popped putting up with all the Barneys through out the season
Maybe so.

But if you want to keep your ticket, that's a luxury you best not indulge in.

I don't have a dog in this fight but if the OP's complaint is legitimate, the CG should hear about it . And they do take this stuff seriously when paying passengers are involved.

When it's just commercial guys in Alaska, they just let them sort it out like hockey players.

Ib1

Getting Saltier..
May 28, 2009
IB
Name
Matt
Boat
'Slayride' Invader 183 / Hobie Quest
There's professional, and there's not professional. I hesitated posting in this, but that's some bullshit.

Reactions: qeequeg

watersdeep

Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Judge Judy loves that kind of shit.

Reactions: marlyn

charliecat

on a fishin' mission
Jun 2, 2015
Name
charlie cat
Boat
14' -50' , bunch of boats
Drama Rama, but I feel the OP's pain... Had guys like FREELANCE turn and run straight at me on a direct collision course multiple times, and got tired of it. Yelling and flipping off is their approach, (even when they are the ones creating the situation) but I'm not going to live my life in such misery.
So my new approach is to call on 16 and ask their intentions and let them know my course and speed and wtf they are doing. This at least lets USCG hear the call and if anything happens or the call happens enough, record is there.
Was trying to find some of the pictures I've taken of these f wads, but not worth the time.

Sawmill killer

Aug 11, 2015
Vancouver
Name
Steve
Boat
Zodiac
Was that the closest the boats were together because that's a lot of space in the video. Yes it's lame to cast that close to another boat and a bit of a douche bag move but seeing other peoples videos and photos for comparison that's a wide space.

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
where do you get seal bombs???

Reactions: Cy Bodden

hdz805

Jul 26, 2010
805 Santa Barbara
Name
jesus
Boat
Fishkilla
Meet him on land and let know exactly what you think, just cause he’s in the business does not give him the right to “try” to hurt anyone

jgtranswerks

Aug 25, 2006
Behind the Orange curtain
Name
JG
Boat
No
Here is captain Gavin throwing jigs at us last Saturday. This was after he almost crashed into us (stopped about fifteen feet from my bow and then ran down to the tank to throw bait)when we were on a spot of yellowfin. Could of reached out and touched the anchor with my rod tip. After we drifted off the bite we went to reset. Kept more than a safe distance. As you can see we were out of (luckily) casting distance. Screaming and yelling at us after he poached our bite. Tried about five times to cast at us and cast over our lines while we were hooked up. I used to have nothing but respect for the queen and Gavin but no more. Had that hit us this would have been a different story as he could of seriously hurt one of my passengers. I’m sure some of you will side with the queen but they slid onto our bite. We reset at a respectable distance, especially since he slid up to us in the first place. He even went back upstairs to get a longer rod when he realized we were out of range for the setup he was using. My opinion is that this is ridiculous and could of ended up in a bad situation for all involved.

Did you get a receipt for your bait ?

stangclassic66

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
21' Center Console
If someone ever does that to me, I would handle it on the radio or on the dock but before I left the scene, I would do 25kts all around the hot spot and kill the bite, no rule book on that if he's gonna chuck jigs at me or my boat.

Larmo

Strip it. Mend it. Hit it!
Jul 11, 2004
San Diego
www.lawrenceshea.com
Name
Larry
Boat
Your Cabo
There’s really no excuse for violence but I’m sure there’s more to this story because there’s always more to the story. I seriously doubt he just found you on the ocean and decided to attack for no reason at all.

These guys have a lot invested in these boats and they sure as hell don’t want to lose it over a stop on 5-10# YF.

I always find these reports suspicious. There’s a guy code here. If you don’t like his shit, tell him to his face. If you feel you are the victim of a crime report it to the police. Nowhere in the guy code is first post on BD.

Surfersteve79

Aug 13, 2018
San Diego
Name
Steven
Boat
Aztec
I’ve read through this post and paused before posting but it’s pretty simple really. When on a professional sport boat your paying for a professional captain. Grueling hours, days, and months fishing will crack anyone. Whether posting on BD or Channel 7 news it doesn’t matter in today’s world cameras are everywhere and when someone feels threatened It’s a knee jerk reaction to video.

With that said, I was on a another well known sport boat and we had a private boater come so close we were watching the tv in his galley. Instead of throwing, fish, or jigs our Captain got on the PA and gave team clueless or just plain dickheads a piece of his mind. Humorous sarcasm was our Captains method. He had all the right to handle it differently but he knows he had 26 adults and paying customers on his boat. He also realized his boat his business supports his crew and livelihood so acting in poor taste could equal $$ lost. So....does PQ catch a shit load of BFT’s and other fish???...yes....is Gavin a talented skipper????yes....do I have doubt about his decision making and safety practices now?? You betcha! Whether Gavin explains himself to Captain Drew or not as a business owner myself I can vouch for employees doing stupid shit sometimes. However this act is NOT good for the Queen or the landing. If it’s me and my friends or family booking a trip on the PQ I’m hesitant unless Drew is at the helm. This also is a bad example to their customers and promotes stupidity that could have injured someone or some other persons boat.

It’s not about who started it, who’s right/wrong, or there’s two sides the every story. It’s about being smart and not doing shit like that on a professional charter boat.

Last edited:

arik lerner

Aug 29, 2009
san diego ca usa
Name
arik
Boat
topcat 42 thermadine
Things like that you just straight out meet them and the dock and punch them right in the face,
I worked for Ed McEwen the most respected captain in the fleet, he bought the Queen in Hawaii with gas engines repowered with diesel drove to Long Beach in the 60s at that time it was the best state of the art boat in sportfishing history.
He loaned me his personal jack poles which I still have.

Eddy was a class act who taught so many of the leading skippers today how to be a man respect patience and dignity.
I remember one time I was working on a 3 day that was the time when we found the bluefin at the bumps 135 miles aprox from SD we had 56 bluefin 70-150 lbs that was the shit then early 1990s

I started yelling at passengers high a little spun and he popped his head out of the wheelhouse looked down at me on the deck and said 'you know these passengers are major business man with stressed out jobs they come out here to get away from all the yelling. After that I never yelled again still to this day and its 2018

I don't know this Gavin cat but he does not deserve to run or own Eddys boat
drew let me fish one time he was a genuine good kid looked you in the eye with a nice ora I told him Eddie would have liked you as you are a fine man, He would be proud of you.

The New Seaforth or San Diego i forget but think it was the New Seaforth pulled that shit on me one day fishing off Del Mar at that rock cod spot about
4 years ago. He came 8-10 knotts at me then did a sharp turn to the right about 20 feet away I was on my narrow Panga He tried to make me roll over or at least a major splash.

The luck was in his favor because a few months before that I hurt my shoulder surfing Pipeline in Hawaii so I could not fight.

The boat threw the first punch and tried to make me basically sink how dare that fuck what if I had me 7 year old son on the boat and maritime law probably would justify a self defense as he tried to sink me. My visions thru my head were to full speed ram there boat jump off my boat grab the clete pull myself on to there boat kung fu the deckhands run up to the wheel house and beet the fuck out of the captain. luckily my shoulder was hurt for him.

I did call the Coast guard as you said they did nothing I also called Seaforth and told them that guy better not even think of doing that again.

my shoulder is better now.

let it be known sending a jig with sharp hooks to intentionally knock out or tear there eve out for the rest of there life or even kill a guy being hit in the temple someone is no different than cracking a glass bottle on a persons head

if any captains on ALL party boats ever try that is is considered a act of naval war and I will retaliate. stay clear of the Panga and the Top Cat I'm telling you right fucking now.

As Rambo said "you drew first blood"

Status
Not open for further replies.