Ripple Fisher Rods

lopezebra

Sep 18, 2021
Dublin, Ca
Name
Ryan
Boat
None
Does anyone have any experience with the Ripple Fisher FS 78 or 80? I fish from the rocks in Hawaii and just recently started fishing for GTs with poppers and stickbaits. My current gear is underrated for the weight of the lures I’ve used (120-175g) and I’d like the throw even heavier gear. I’ve always been able to outcast my peers, but I’m concerned the weight of an extra heavy rod will be tiresome after a couple hours of working poppers and stickbaits. I’ve lost several good fish due to my gear being unmatched with the power of these fish and want the power to pull them away from shallow reef if and when possible to give me the best chance to land fish. Any advice is welcome, and appreciated!

Upvote 0

lastcast619

• Jan 25, 2019
    Blackacre
    Name
    HD
    Boat
    none
    What island are you fishing from? You can try and hit up the folks at GT Fight Club. They are authorized Yamaga Blanks/Ripple Fisher sellers and might have some info for you. Both rods are rated PE12 and should be able to cast lures in the weights you listed and more. I own some YB and RF rods but not those two you mentioned. Love the quality and action on them. Caught a few ulua from shore but with their PE4 and PE6 stuff. Good luck.

Upvote 0