RIP Mike (Sluester)

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
..... you will be missed

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
I don't even have words how much I will miss this guy.

Marcus

"Oddjob"
May 21, 2004
Carlsbad
Name
Marcus
Boat
Tuna Jihad toilet cleaner/Intrepid
One of the originals and nicest, most giving guys you’d ever meet.

RIP Mike

Mo Betta

Offshore Prop Changer
Feb 6, 2003
El Cajon
youatplay.com
Name
Frank
Boat
25' Wellcraft sportsman "Mo Betta", 14' Livingston"Caballito"
RIP Mike.....

Vermonster

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
I just sent a message to Trish, I can absolutely not believe this happened. So very shocking, as Kurt says I have no words...

Genelie

Jan 13, 2004
Lakeside,ca
Visit site
Name
Gene Horner
Boat
210 Triumph 21' genelie
Definitely sad day, my wife met with Trish Mikes wife. Thankfully he passed In his sleep peacefully .

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
From Mike's Memorial Facebook Page:

We have been trying to think of the best way to honor Mike and we decided the best way would be to have one final "Kill It, Grill It" Whether you can come for 30 minutes or stay the whole afternoon, we want you there to share and enjoy the memory of a great man, so drop in whenever you can.

The grill will be hot just like old times, so feel free to bring all the fish and other game you want to cook up! You're welcome to bring beer and anything else you feel would honor a great father, husband, and friend. Please feel free to pass this event on to anyone we may have missed.

As much much as Mike and our family love all your dogs please leave them home for the evening, the yard will not be secure.

**Please look at the address**
This might look like it's our house, but it is at our neighbors house down the street!
PARKING IS LIMITED SO BE PREPARED TO WALK

Saturday 4/3 at 2 PM – 11 PM

13238 Vanguard Way, Lakeside, CA 92040-5145

Please RSVP on Facebook if you can:

Aku

Basstronaut
Mar 27, 2005
Lakeside
Name
Rick
Boat
24' Skipjack Open
Damn, just heard the news. I met Mike several years ago when I started bow hunting up in Laguna. Mike showed me the ropes and even let me use a couple of his stands. We went over to his house and he showed me where he would skin deer out in his front yard...pretty funny given today's environment regarding hunters. Super nice guy and and another Lakeside local that will truly be missed...RIP and prayers go out to his family.

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Damn, just heard the news. I met Mike several years ago when I started bow hunting up in Laguna. Mike showed me the ropes and even let me use a couple of his stands. We went over to his house and he showed me where he would skin deer out in his front yard...pretty funny given today's environment regarding hunters. Super nice guy and and another Lakeside local that will truly be missed...RIP and prayers go out to his family.
There are some photos on an old thread of his, where he is skinning a deer in the tree in his front yard. I told my boys about that as we drove up their street last night, and they just looked at me like :"You mean right here, in the middle of the neighborhood"????? :)

Professor

Dec 17, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Yale
Boat
32' Blackman Sportfisher "Riley"
Just heard about Mike passing a few days ago from another east county scout family. Old school which is the good school. No gloss, not BS. Met Mike going albacore fishing in March with Sean. Yeah weird, but hunters do those kinds of things. Oh yes and we did get an albacore. Blessings to the family.

Reactions: Vermonster

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Already been a year. Crazy. Miss this dude so much.

Reactions: One_Leg