longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat Name
    17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
    Launched from shelter at 5 with my good buddy Rick and picked up a beat up scoop of bait and headed west. We searched all morning making our way up north of the 182. We found a couple kelps with 1 holding dorado that had lock jaw as well as multiple open water schools that we couldn't get to go.

Around 10 Cole gave me a call that the islands were starting to bite so we opted to make the run with the last of our half day bait to salvage the day. We never made it there. As soon as we got in the canyon around 11 there were spots of tuna up foaming as far as the eye could see. It took awhile to figure them out but finally connected on the yellowfin with the surface iron and bluefin bit the colt sniper. The amount of tuna and anchovy in that area was impressive and it was still going strong when we left the area at 330.

What didn't work for us today was the madmac trolled through multiple spots of fish, poppers, or stick baits. I know some got them to go on the popper but we couldn't yesterday.

Thanks again for the call Cole you saved our day even though we didn't make it to the islands!
    20220816_150936.jpg

20220816_151632.jpg

20220816_185759.jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

SDSailandFish

• Aug 17, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Hank
    Boat Name
    La Tortuga
    Launched from shelter at 5 with my good buddy Rick and picked up a beat up scoop of bait and headed west. We searched all morning making our way up north of the 182. We found a couple kelps with 1 holding dorado that had lock jaw as well as multiple open water schools that we couldn't get to go.

Around 10 Cole gave me a call that the islands were starting to bite so we opted to make the run with the last of our half day bait to salvage the day. We never made it there. As soon as we got in the canyon around 11 there were spots of tuna up foaming as far as the eye could see. It took awhile to figure them out but finally connected on the yellowfin with the surface iron and bluefin bit the colt sniper. The amount of tuna and anchovy in that area was impressive and it was still going strong when we left the area at 330.

What didn't work for us today was the madmac trolled through multiple spots of fish, poppers, or stick baits. I know some got them to go on the popper but we couldn't yesterday.

Thanks again for the call Cole you saved our day even though we didn't make it to the islands!View attachment 1414213

View attachment 1414214

View attachment 1414215
    Nice looking fish. It must be nice to be in the right place at the right time most of the time!

Reactions: longboard85
    Upvote 0

Baja Belk

Long sappy fish stories.
    Sep 8, 2009
    San Diego/CA/USA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat Name
    18.5 Striper CC - Puro Grande
    Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
    Jun 11, 2015
    Dana Point
    Name
    L J
    Boat Name
    arima - the SLIDER
    You even got your buddy Rick wearing a faded blue t-shirt now.

Wonder what would happen if you started wearing pajama bottoms too.

:rofl:

Probably would hook up a BF at the bait reciever . . .

Last edited:

rick rouland

Almost A Member
    Jul 29, 2015
    mission viejo
    Name
    rick rouland
    Boat Name
    12' SUP

I did that just

j I did that just for you! Thanks for noticing!

Reactions: longboard85
    Upvote 0