Rigging in San Diego

ReelBiggMikee

Jan 8, 2021
Las Vegas
Name
Mike Ba
Boat
Yak
Need help, what shop in San Diego can crimp my line to my flat falls. I have the flat fall already rigged up and I have seaguar 200# line as well as swivels. I will not have a crimp kit by the time my trip comes up. Does anyone offer these services?

Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    I don't know what trip you have coming up, but it is always possible that there will be help available on the boat. I always bring my crimper and several sizes of crimps in my roller bag, and I see a lot of other guys rigging on their trips too. I have often set up other people who ask me, just as others have helped me in various ways. The people who chase big tuna tend to have helpful attitudes. Plus there is always the crew. Of course, good shops like Squidco are also a good source. But sometimes you can hit a bad streak and lose several rigged lures in a row, and if that happens don't panic, just ask for help.

Upvote 0

socal53

Aug 27, 2013
    Lakewood Ca
    Name
    Chano J
    Boat
    The one available on my off day!
    Any boat where you would need flat flat that size will surely have the tools to get you set up...call the landing and ask if they can rig you up too. Which landing are you leaving from?

Reactions: esgeo
    Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Dont get on an overnight expecting the crew to rig you up. They only have a short window to sleep.
    You have your whole life before getting on the boat to do that.
    There are several stores in SD that can do it.
    Turners in El Cajon location at least, Dana Landing. What part of town you in?

Dont show up ten minutes before the store closes or your boat leaves. That doesn't mean you get helped now if theres people ahead of you. Handed back people bags full of reels needing spoolups countless times telling them t cant get to their reels before their boat leaves.

Upvote 0

Tom Honaker

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 27, 2015
    Hotchkiss Colorado
    Name
    Tom Honaker
    Boat
    Royal Star
    Need help, what shop in San Diego can crimp my line to my flat falls. I have the flat fall already rigged up and I have seaguar 200# line as well as swivels. I will not have a crimp kit by the time my trip comes up. Does anyone offer these services?
    Fisherman's landing tackle shop will rig them for you.

Reactions: jer dog
    Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    MIKEE.... might I suggest that most Tackle Shops would rig those FF Jigs for little or no charge.... if you BOUGHT the jigs from them at the time you asked for the rigging job to be done. Anyways... "Do th Dance".....buy the swagger.... and crimps and call it an "Investment" in your future fishing success. Good luck.

R
    ReelBiggMikee
    Thanks for all the help guys. I just got off the phone with H&M and they'll be crimping my flat falls there. It saves me the trip of stopping anywhere else!!!!
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0