Ridesharing to Catalina, 5-15 or 5-16

PENN

FishinMcNuggets

I've edited enough I should section this post.
  • Oct 25, 2010
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
    Hey BD!

I have a 10 y/o son who loves fishing and snorkeling. His birthday is the 13th of the month. He's been talking he wants us to go on our Avon outta King Harbor to do a catch, dispatch, and cook mission on bass at the RB Artificial reef. But I was thinking, I could really knock one outta the park for him if we get our ducks in a row.

He has never been to Catalina. I would really love to take him over to Lover's cove for a morning of Calico bass feeding & snorkeling. He's never seen 3-4 lb calicos taking turns trying to rip bread from your fingers like it was the last forage in the cove. Not to mention the Opies, half-moons, smelt, and even Garibaldis. But, we're not flossy enough to easily afford tickets on the ferry. So, first, here's what we have to offer:

* Take orders well, hard working, and respectful
    * Can contribute gas $$ or bait $$ ( I get along well with Mike at In-seine, too)
    * Can scrub boat or clean fish, help launch, willing to work, or help with trip prep, ice, rigging, etc.
    * Willing to glass on the way over, tailers or g-strings, whatever your preference
    * Can bring awesome Mexican food or drinks
    * Can provide dinghy support with the Avon
    * Upstanding member of BD, who doesn't get into sh!tshows or politics, read my postings, you'll see
    * Can deckhand or even share fishing knowledge, or tackle
    * Can service reels or spool line on the way over
    * No drinking, drugs, or flakiness. We are people of our word.

All we ask in return is to get dropped off 50 yards off abalone point, and picked up later at the same spot. We've got a kayak, or SUP, or soft-board, OR most preferably our Avon that we can take in shore to do the cove and explore the coast. We're super flexible. I just wanna get him to that cove if at all possible. He's never seen a place as nice or fishy as the cove before. 5-15 or 5-16 would be the best, but this or even the following wknd are possible too.

We'd even be willing to put in work or help you clean or service your craft this weekend in advance compensation.

PM if even possibly interested.

-Mike

IMG_20160731_103915618.jpg

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....
    If either one of my boats was ready, I’d take ya. My skippy is a few weeks out, and the Arima just needs the usual annual stuff that I haven’t had time to do.

Upvote 0

FishinMcNuggets

• Oct 25, 2010
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
    If either one of my boats was ready, I’d take ya. My skippy is a few weeks out, and the Arima just needs the usual annual stuff that I haven’t had time to do.
    Regardless of whether you take us, we'd make a day to visit and help you, Bob.

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....
    I’m a bit of a drive for ya, but I’d welcome you and your family over. I’ll fire up the grill

ErnieG

Worst Fisherman
    Aug 4, 2011
    Vista
    www.cafishingnews.com
    Name
    Ernie Gorham
    Boat
    11' SportCat Truline
    I'm boatless so no help there, but, you used to get a free ferry on your birthday (and free icecream at a local spot). Maybe if he goes for free it'll make the cost workout. It's been a few years since I did it but worth checking.

GL, hope you find a ride.

Upvote 0

FishinMcNuggets

• Oct 25, 2010
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
    I'm boatless so no help there, but, you used to get a free ferry on your birthday (and free icecream at a local spot). Maybe if he goes for free it'll make the cost workout. It's been a few years since I did it but worth checking.

GL, hope you find a ride.
    Yeah, his birthday actual is on Thursday. School day. No dice there. I appreciate the thought, though. Thanks NorSo!

Upvote 0

winnawinna17

the only thing worse than getting old... is not...
  • Apr 17, 2018
    Los Angeles, California
    Name
    Tim
    Boat
    dreaming

You ever heard of the catalina flyer? It may be too late to book your desired weekend but you can get to the island for sure. You may need to rent other stuff when you get to the island. Also there are groupons if you do weekday rides.

Good luck

Reactions: FishinMcNuggets
    Upvote 0

FishinMcNuggets

• Oct 25, 2010
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
    Seriously, just crickets? We'll even go for someone's shakedown cruise, just give us an hour at the cove?

Upvote 0