Ride Sharing / Boat Ho List

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
Thanks to all the guys who have reached out to me from this post, I no longer need to be on this list. I am editing this post so that I dont inconvenience anyone looking for a hoe. Thanks for everything!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MYNomad

mricy

Jul 25, 2016
Arcadia
Name
Jack
Boat
None
Name: Jack
LA, SGV area, but willing to drive to SD.
Availability: Mostly weekends, ideally Sunday.
Contact Info: Text or call: 626-993-5562
Smoke/Drink?: Cigarettes: Yes, but I don't have to. Drinks: not while fishing
References: None from here, I'm new to the forums. I've had lots of party boat experience, and been out on a few small boats and 4 packs. I have all my own gear from Rockfishing to Tuna, except for a trolling setup. I'm more than willing to split the cost of whatever is needed from Gas/ baits/ etc. I'm also willing to help clean up and learn more about boating. I would like to have my own boat one day, so this would be a nice start.

Looking forward to fishing with you guys.

Thanks.

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
Hello,
My name is Chris and I live in Corona. I apologize in advance for how long this post is but I felt I should give you as much info as possible because I want to go fishing with you. You are going to have a hard time finding a better boat ho than me.

I show up early (usually with warm donuts), fully prepared with my gear and a small cooler with sandwiches, snacks, waters, and sodas for all. If needed, i can also bring a big bag of ice.

I usually fish with 2 buddies on an 18' Scout but the Captain has been rather busy lately with his Daughter's sports. Normally, I prepare the boat (while the Captain is still sleeping) which includes hooking the boat to the truck, taking off the battery charger, putting in plugs, loading all of our gear, tightening the rod holders (if needed), and any other task that needs to be done. Capt. wakes up, does last minute check, and we hit the road.

Hit the gas station, fill up and I hand over cash without being asked (my third). Get to the dock, I pay my portion of the parking costs without being asked. I back the boat in while Capt is on board. Once launched, I park the truck making sure to park in the lines to avoid tickets, make sure all valuables like spare tire/jack, big cooler, and washing gear are secured in the cab then lock up and head to the dock.

Once we are in the harbor, I will make sure the antenna is up, perform radio check and start cleaning boat with a bucket to get off the dust. This also will confirm bilge is working. I pay my third of the bait costs without being asked, I dont put my hands in the bait tank, nor do I leave the net in there. I bring a kitchen trashbag and HATE to see litter hit the ocean.

During the ride out to the destination, i will usually rig everyone's rods up (depending on how bumpy it is). I can tie plenty of knots really well and all you have to do it tell me how you want each rod set up. Knock on wood, me and crew haven't lost fish due to a bad knott.

I am courteous when fishing, a team player who wants to put fish on deck. I clear rods when bent, I am good with the net and gaff and dont keep anything close to being short. I keep the boat clean all day with a rag/bucket and dont let blood dry. I dont leave tackle around and certainly dont let heavy sinkers roll around or bounce on the boat. I am happy to pull the anchor multiple times but expect help if I have to pull anchor in excess. I dont smoke and might have a beer if you offer and twist my arm a tiny bit. Usually dont drink more than 1 beer if that.

Hopefully we put fish on the boat. If we do, I will clean/fillet the fish (with my fillet knife) and put into gallon ziplock bags I brought. I prefer to do this in the harbor then hit the boat one last time with the bucket and rag to clean off guts. Make sure antenna is down.

When we hit the dock, I'll go get the truck, back it up, help get the boat on the trailer then pull over to the wash (hopefully there is a wash). As a team, we soap up and brush the boat clean, tighten drags when wash down rods/reels (dont forget to loosen drags once rinsed off), put rod/reel covers on, pull plugs, put away fish finder, and make sure the boat is ready for the ride home.

Im available most Saturdays and can travel anywhere from San Diego to San Pedro. I am a super nice (and funny) guy, willing to work and play hard. I know how to troubleshoot issues that come up, and can improvise to make fixes if needed. I care about your boat like its mine, but care about safety more than anything and respect the ocean immensely. No doubt I will be one of your regulars if I boat ho for you one time.

I can be reached at 562 two33 73five0. Call or text. Lets fish man!!!
Chris brings ho's to a new level. Can't wait for the warm donuts!

Reactions: maxsdad

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
Name: Bo Taylor
Availability: Weekend warrior can occasionally do some week trips if I have enough notice
Contact Info: [email protected] | 71four-3four3-8503
Smoke/Drink?: Your boat your call
References: What is this a job application?
Bio: I am one of the most fun people you will ever fish with. I am a web developer and have two boys who I cant wait to turn into little fisherman. If you can find the fish we will catch them! I have professional equipment in which I am more than happy to share. By no means need to smoke or drink, but if capt is cool with it.. I will buy and more than happy to share!

Reactions: Arima-bob

Olaf

Jun 15, 2017
San Diego
Name
Ofer
Boat
FBC
Name: Ofer
Availability: nearly every day
Boat: I'm a member of the SD Freedom boat Club, all boats are quite new and very well maintained; usually 24ft CC [KeyWest, Cobia] or 24 enclosed [Parker, ProLine]; if we go out on these boats, only thing needed is to split the bill (fuel, bait, tips) - if we go on your boat, same.
Contact Info: PM me or [email protected]
Smoke/Drink?: don't smoke / social drinker, usually none when fishing
References: gecsr1

Last edited:
Reactions: Dat Diep
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Name
Anthony daCosta
Boat
None
Name: Anthony daCosta
Availability: Prefer weekends but can unusually fit weekdays into my schedule
Bio: 20 y/o college student, only a few years of saltwater fishing but love it.
Contact Info: PM me for phone number
Experience: Lots of freshwater, kayak fishing, 1/2 day, 3/4 day, 1.5 day trips
Smoke/Drink?: I'm underage so no but I don't mind if anyone else does
References: New to BD so none but I'm very laid back and just here to have a good time fishing

I am interested in purchasing a fishing boat of my own within the next year or two, so I would appreciate a fishing buddy that could show me the ropes of navigation, maintenance, and everything else that goes along with boat ownership including washing the boat back at the docks

I am more than happy to pitch in my fair share on fuel/food/bait/etc.

Jun 24, 2017
Riverside
Name
Drew
Boat
N/a
Name:Andrew Padgett
Availability:during weekdays work for me
Contact Info: 9512323434
Smoke/Drink?:absolutely no smoking, and drink occasionally but not a need to enjoy myself
References: no references at this point new to BD and am looking to get good references in the near future.

Looking to get experience on the boat as to I am a "newbie" that's really taken a interest in fishing and wanting to learn and get the best resultsout of it as possible.
I help people for a living, so would love to keep it going on to the decks.
Open to learning and gaining experience.

Jul 17, 2017
Fullerton
Name
Gouryella
Boat
Lil Yachty
Name: Mike
Availability: 24/7 until end of August
Contact Info: Text or call: 818 714 0609
Smoke/Drink?: Cigarettes: NO | Drinks: Sometimes
References: None from here, I'm new to this forum. I recently went Salmon boat fishing in Oregon by Gold Beach while I was visiting some friends up there. I was fortunate to catch 2x 12-15lb Salmons during the trip. I have no fishing gear at all. I'm actually in the market to find a decently priced set up. I've fished on/off since I was 5 years of age so I'm not new to fishing at all.

Since my recent fishing trip I've been wanting to go again, but here in So-cal. I also have a bday coming up real soon and would love to go fish out in the ocean with a few friends. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please let me know. Thanks

Eddie_A

Jul 17, 2017
Glendora
Name
Eddie
Boat
None
Name: Eddie
Availability: Very flexible schedule during summer, weekdays + weekends
Contact Info: PM or email: [email protected]
Smoke/Drink?: I don't mind either

Whats up Guys,

I recently moved down from the SF bay area. Im 25yr grad student and baseball coach. I've been an avid sport fisherman my whole life. I used to own a small boat and Ive even spent some time commercial salmon fishing.

Im looking forward to getting on the socal fishing scene and hoping to hop on a private boat with some experienced local fisher men.

I will contribute to the overall success of the boat and willing to help out however needed. Send me a message and I'll shoot you my cell #

-Eddie

jimmy90

Jul 19, 2017
Los Angeles
Name
Jaime
Boat
N/A
Name: Jaime - 26yo
Availability: Tues & Weds with 48hr notice or anytime on Weekends
Contact Info: [email protected]
Experience: 3/4 day trips to Catalina
Smoke/Drink: Don't smoke / will drink occasionally
References: None, I'm new here. Interested in learning and helping out wherever I can. I'm not the most experienced, but I can hold my own. Overall, I'm a pretty easy going guy. I follow the rules and help out wherever I can.

flyliner

@thereelflyliner
Aug 19, 2007
Santa Monica
Name
Jonathan
Boat
31' Cabo Express
Thanks to all the guys who have reached out to me from this post, I no longer need to be on this list. I am editing this post so that I dont inconvenience anyone looking for a hoe. Thanks for everything!!
Dang - I was just going to send you a PM. You sound awesome....lol (no seriously). I hope guys read your post and realize what all boat owners are looking for in a good fishing buddy.

Anyway - I will PM you just the same.

Muricaman

Jun 6, 2015
San Diego / Orange County
Name
Drew
Boat
(Party Boat) Pacific Queen
Name: Drew, 21
Availability: Weekends
Contact Info: PM for info please, I'm very responsive on BD.
Smoke/Drink?: Don't smoke, would share a celebratory brew.
Bio: College student in San Diego, love to fish, I want to catch a dorado more than anything. If you're going paddy hopping, it would be great to be a part of it. I have a lot of high quality gear and a ton of experience on party boats.
References: Been on a couple private boats, chartered in Costa Rica. I'd be able to help out in any way I can, on and off the water.

rock lobster

rock lobster
Sep 10, 2003
Bonsal
Visit site
Name
steve
Boat
20 skippy
Name:Steve,58
Availability:Friday,Sat &Sun weekdays with advance notice.
Contact Info:[email protected]
Smoke/Drink?:NO
References: None, Usualy fish on my 20 foot skiff out of Oceanside but putting in a new engine, so I am boatless. Good fisherman with modern gear. Offshore to inshore.Great deck crew will stay after and filet and clean up boat.I am great with a wrench if needed.Will contribute to gas,bait and food.

Yo Pratioto

Sep 13, 2017
Lomita, CA
Name
Yo Da Sushi Chef
Boat
Freedom Boat Club
Thank you Jason!

Name: Yo
Availability: Any weekday or weekend need advance notice
Contact Info: PM or text anytime 626-589-1620
Smoke/Drink: don't drink, smoke occasionally
References: Actually a newbie to this site
I always carry my own gear and always ready to chip in for gas and other required expenses. Got no problem on helping out to clean the boat after day of fishing. Also a sushi chef so I know a thing or two in filleting fish.

Reactions: Arima-bob

Douglas Crane

Aug 2, 2016
Kona, Hawaii
Name
Douglas Crane
Boat
288 Commander
Name: Doug Crane
Availability: Weekends
Contact Info: [email protected]. 4804146100
Smoke/Drink?: Drink, usually not while fishing
References: None on BD. Usually Fish Hawaii with my boat there. Looking to get a taste of CA offshore.

I have my own boat and run out of Kona Hawaii mainly pelagic. When not in Hawaii, would like to try some CA action. All my gear is in Kona, but work a boat, will split costs on Gas, food, drinks and bait. Its about a 5 hour drive to SD from AZ. Need a day or two notice. IF you looking for an additional hand, happy to pitch in.

Sep 20, 2017
Oak Park, CA
Name
Matthew Ahmadi
Boat
No boat :(
Name: Matt, 30 years old - Systems Analyst (Agoura, CA)
Location: Simi Valley, CA - Fishing out of Oxnard/Ventura/MDR
Availability: Most weekends and some week days if I'm feeling too ::cough:: sick ::cough:: to go into work
Contact Info: PM me, 818-857-0148 text/call anytime. Leave VM if I don't pick up.
Smoke/Drink: No smoking. Enjoy a beer or two on the boat, but not necessary.
Other Info: I've been freshwater fishing for most my life, but have recently gotten into salt water. I've recently been chartering our of CISCOs and was looking for anyone who needed an extra person to help chip in for gas/bait/ice/etc. My fiance fishes too, and she would be interested in joining if there's extra room. We have all of our own gear and are flexible with dates and time. Mainly looking for a good time out on the water while catching some fish.

FishAcquisition

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 19, 2005
La Quinta
Name
Dan
Boat
Only Aspirations-not the name of my boat-just have aspirations
Name: Dan Ruzicka, Real Estate Investor in the Coachella Valley.
Availability: Any day but Sunday.
Contact Info: 760-702-5324
[email protected]
Smoke/Drink?: Niether
References: Never Fished with anyone on BD. 55, Great Gear, Attitude and Work Ethic. Happy to work, pay and clean. Pursuing Fish in the SoCal Saltwater for 50 Years.

Last edited:

RiggingSoCal

Patrick M
Mar 13, 2017
San Fernando Valley
www.youtube.com
Name
Patrick
Boat
Hopefully this summer!
Name: Patrick 22 years old
Availability: weekend of Nov 17,18,19
Contact Info: pm me or text 1(818)590-8355
Smoke/Drink?: neither
Experience with a boat, I know the work and amount of money it takes to get a boat to the islands. Definelty fine with boat cleaning and of course lying my portion of gas. Have friends who fish who can fill up spots if necessary and pay their portion for fuel.
References: have never gone with another BD member but have been fishing the overnights in sd and la for the last couple years.

carterantebi

I hate fishing
Oct 9, 2016
Coronado
Name
Carter
Boat
Pacific Queen!
Name: Carter, 16
Availability: Weekends and occasionally weekdays, I just need notice
Contact Info: PM or text (480) 686-5870
Smoke/Drink?: Neither but I don't care if you do
I've been fishing my whole life and am really passionate about it. I love boats and fishing no matter if it's spotties in the bay or BFT offshore. I have a lot of experience with operating boats despite my age and spend most of my summer as a sailing instructor chasing around kids in a center console. I'm happy to clean your boat, help with gas and bait, I just need to put in time on the water and grow as an angler. I play hockey during the school year so I need a little bit of notice so I can plan accordingly with games and stuff but other than that I'm pretty flexible.