Jun 15, 2017
San Diego
Name
Ofer
Boat
FBC
Name: Ofer
Availability: nearly every day
Boat: I'm a member of the SD Freedom boat Club, all boats are quite new and very well maintained; usually 24ft CC [KeyWest, Cobia] or 24 enclosed [Parker, ProLine]; if we go out on these boats, only thing needed is to split the bill (fuel, bait, tips) - if we go on your boat, same.
Contact Info: PM me or [email protected]
Smoke/Drink?: don't smoke / social drinker, usually none when fishing
References: gecsr1

Last edited:
Reactions: Dat Diep
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Name
Anthony daCosta
Boat
None
Name: Anthony daCosta
Availability: Prefer weekends but can unusually fit weekdays into my schedule
Bio: 20 y/o college student, only a few years of saltwater fishing but love it.
Contact Info: PM me for phone number
Experience: Lots of freshwater, kayak fishing, 1/2 day, 3/4 day, 1.5 day trips
Smoke/Drink?: I'm underage so no but I don't mind if anyone else does
References: New to BD so none but I'm very laid back and just here to have a good time fishing

I am interested in purchasing a fishing boat of my own within the next year or two, so I would appreciate a fishing buddy that could show me the ropes of navigation, maintenance, and everything else that goes along with boat ownership including washing the boat back at the docks

I am more than happy to pitch in my fair share on fuel/food/bait/etc.

Andrew Padgett

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 24, 2017
Riverside
Name
Drew
Boat
N/a
Name:Andrew Padgett
Availability:during weekdays work for me
Contact Info: 9512323434
Smoke/Drink?:absolutely no smoking, and drink occasionally but not a need to enjoy myself
References: no references at this point new to BD and am looking to get good references in the near future.

Looking to get experience on the boat as to I am a "newbie" that's really taken a interest in fishing and wanting to learn and get the best resultsout of it as possible.
I help people for a living, so would love to keep it going on to the decks.
Open to learning and gaining experience.

Jul 17, 2017
Tuna Grounds
Name
Gouryella
Boat
Lil Yachty
Name: Mike
Availability: 24/7 until end of August
Contact Info: Text or call: 818 714 0609
Smoke/Drink?: Cigarettes: NO | Drinks: Sometimes
References: None from here, I'm new to this forum. I recently went Salmon boat fishing in Oregon by Gold Beach while I was visiting some friends up there. I was fortunate to catch 2x 12-15lb Salmons during the trip. I have no fishing gear at all. I'm actually in the market to find a decently priced set up. I've fished on/off since I was 5 years of age so I'm not new to fishing at all.

Since my recent fishing trip I've been wanting to go again, but here in So-cal. I also have a bday coming up real soon and would love to go fish out in the ocean with a few friends. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please let me know. Thanks

Eddie_A

Jul 17, 2017
San Diego
Name
Eddie
Boat
None
Name: Eddie
Availability: Very flexible schedule during summer, weekdays + weekends
Contact Info: PM or email: [email protected]
Smoke/Drink?: I don't mind either

Whats up Guys,

I recently moved down from the SF bay area. Im 25yr grad student and baseball coach. I've been an avid sport fisherman my whole life. I used to own a small boat and Ive even spent some time commercial salmon fishing.

Im looking forward to getting on the socal fishing scene and hoping to hop on a private boat with some experienced local fisher men.

I will contribute to the overall success of the boat and willing to help out however needed. Send me a message and I'll shoot you my cell #

-Eddie

jimmy90

Jul 19, 2017
Los Angeles
Name
Jaime
Boat
N/A
Name: Jaime - 26yo
Availability: Tues & Weds with 48hr notice or anytime on Weekends
Contact Info: [email protected]
Experience: 3/4 day trips to Catalina
Smoke/Drink: Don't smoke / will drink occasionally
References: None, I'm new here. Interested in learning and helping out wherever I can. I'm not the most experienced, but I can hold my own. Overall, I'm a pretty easy going guy. I follow the rules and help out wherever I can.

flyliner

@thereelflyliner
Aug 19, 2007
Santa Monica
Name
Jonathan
Boat
31' Cabo Express
Thanks to all the guys who have reached out to me from this post, I no longer need to be on this list. I am editing this post so that I dont inconvenience anyone looking for a hoe. Thanks for everything!!
Dang - I was just going to send you a PM. You sound awesome....lol (no seriously). I hope guys read your post and realize what all boat owners are looking for in a good fishing buddy.

Anyway - I will PM you just the same.

Muricaman

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 6, 2015
San Diego / Orange County
Name
Drew
Boat
(Party Boat) Pacific Queen
Name: Drew, 21
Availability: Weekends
Contact Info: PM for info please, I'm very responsive on BD.
Smoke/Drink?: Don't smoke, would share a celebratory brew.
Bio: College student in San Diego, love to fish, I want to catch a dorado more than anything. If you're going paddy hopping, it would be great to be a part of it. I have a lot of high quality gear and a ton of experience on party boats.
References: Been on a couple private boats, chartered in Costa Rica. I'd be able to help out in any way I can, on and off the water.

rock lobster

rock lobster
Sep 10, 2003
Bonsal
Visit site
Name
steve
Boat
20 skippy
Name:Steve,58
Availability:Friday,Sat &Sun weekdays with advance notice.
Contact Info:[email protected]
Smoke/Drink?:NO
References: None, Usualy fish on my 20 foot skiff out of Oceanside but putting in a new engine, so I am boatless. Good fisherman with modern gear. Offshore to inshore.Great deck crew will stay after and filet and clean up boat.I am great with a wrench if needed.Will contribute to gas,bait and food.

Yo Pratioto

Sep 13, 2017
Lomita, CA
Name
Yo Da Sushi Chef
Boat
Freedom Boat Club
Thank you Jason!

Name: Yo
Availability: Any weekday or weekend need advance notice
Contact Info: PM or text anytime 626-589-1620
Smoke/Drink: don't drink, smoke occasionally
References: Actually a newbie to this site
I always carry my own gear and always ready to chip in for gas and other required expenses. Got no problem on helping out to clean the boat after day of fishing. Also a sushi chef so I know a thing or two in filleting fish.

Reactions: Arima-bob

Douglas Crane

Aug 2, 2016
Kona, Hawaii
Name
Douglas Crane
Boat
288 Commander
Name: Doug Crane
Availability: Weekends
Contact Info: [email protected]. 4804146100
Smoke/Drink?: Drink, usually not while fishing
References: None on BD. Usually Fish Hawaii with my boat there. Looking to get a taste of CA offshore.

I have my own boat and run out of Kona Hawaii mainly pelagic. When not in Hawaii, would like to try some CA action. All my gear is in Kona, but work a boat, will split costs on Gas, food, drinks and bait. Its about a 5 hour drive to SD from AZ. Need a day or two notice. IF you looking for an additional hand, happy to pitch in.

Sep 20, 2017
Oak Park, CA
Name
Matthew Ahmadi
Boat
No boat :(
Name: Matt, 30 years old - Systems Analyst (Agoura, CA)
Location: Simi Valley, CA - Fishing out of Oxnard/Ventura/MDR
Availability: Most weekends and some week days if I'm feeling too ::cough:: sick ::cough:: to go into work
Contact Info: PM me, 818-857-0148 text/call anytime. Leave VM if I don't pick up.
Smoke/Drink: No smoking. Enjoy a beer or two on the boat, but not necessary.
Other Info: I've been freshwater fishing for most my life, but have recently gotten into salt water. I've recently been chartering our of CISCOs and was looking for anyone who needed an extra person to help chip in for gas/bait/ice/etc. My fiance fishes too, and she would be interested in joining if there's extra room. We have all of our own gear and are flexible with dates and time. Mainly looking for a good time out on the water while catching some fish.

FishAcquisition

Pithy Statement to make me appear 😎
Sep 19, 2005
La Quinta
Name
Dan
Boat
Only Aspirations-not the name of my boat-just have aspirations
Name: Dan Ruzicka, Real Estate Investor in the Coachella Valley.
Availability: Any day but Sunday.
Contact Info: 760-702-5324
[email protected]
Smoke/Drink?: Niether
References: Never Fished with anyone on BD. 55, Great Gear, Attitude and Work Ethic. Happy to work, pay and clean. Pursuing Fish in the SoCal Saltwater for 50 Years.

Last edited:

RiggingSoCal

Patrick M
Mar 13, 2017
San Fernando Valley
www.youtube.com
Name
Patrick
Boat
Hopefully this summer!
Name: Patrick 22 years old
Availability: weekend of Nov 17,18,19
Contact Info: pm me or text 1(818)590-8355
Smoke/Drink?: neither
Experience with a boat, I know the work and amount of money it takes to get a boat to the islands. Definelty fine with boat cleaning and of course lying my portion of gas. Have friends who fish who can fill up spots if necessary and pay their portion for fuel.
References: have never gone with another BD member but have been fishing the overnights in sd and la for the last couple years.

carterantebi

I hate fishing
Oct 9, 2016
Coronado
Name
Carter
Boat
Grande!
Name: Carter, 16
Availability: Weekends and occasionally weekdays, I just need notice
Contact Info: PM or text (480) 686-5870
Smoke/Drink?: Neither but I don't care if you do
I've been fishing my whole life and am really passionate about it. I love boats and fishing no matter if it's spotties in the bay or BFT offshore. I have a lot of experience with operating boats despite my age and spend most of my summer as a sailing instructor chasing around kids in a center console. I'm happy to clean your boat, help with gas and bait, I just need to put in time on the water and grow as an angler. I play hockey during the school year so I need a little bit of notice so I can plan accordingly with games and stuff but other than that I'm pretty flexible.

erncast82

Jul 1, 2017
San Diego
Name
Ernie
Boat
no
Name: Ernie
Availability: PM or text me, will need just a few days notice
Contact Info: 619-22Seven-Seven75One
Smoke/Drink?: Your boat your call
References: available if needed
Bio: I love fishing deep sea, mostly fish in SD but all of Baja as well, have caught tuna, marlin, dorado, you name it! Would love to own my own boat one day, but if you need a fishing bud and someone to pitch in for a trip, pm or text me, would love to go.

Jul 17, 2017
Tuna Grounds
Name
Gouryella
Boat
Lil Yachty
****UPDATE****

Name:
Mike
Availability: 24/7 until end of January 2018
Contact Info: Text or call: 818 714 0609
Smoke/Drink?: Cigarettes: NO | Drinks: Sometimes
References: *****UPDATE******
It's been quite sometime since the last time I posted in this thread. I thought I'd update my current status.

I have a couple of overnight trips under my belt now. I'm planning on doing a long range trip sometime next summer. I have accumulated a great amount of gear/tackle during this "off season." I have every outfit from 20lb to 120lb all geared towards YTs/BFT/etc. It didn't happen overnight, but I think I am a tackle ho (not sure if I should be proud or not). I'm currently on winter break from college, so my hours are real flexible. I love to hunt for some BF and YTs while they are still in our backyards. I can chip in for gas and any essentials needed to go on the hunt. I'm also down to scrub down/clean up the boat, especially after the decks get bloody.

djam

Jun 2, 2008
Irvine
Name
Dave
Boat
Parker 2320 (Terabite)
Looking for flexible/last minute hoes (building a list and checking it twice)
** leaving tomorrow afternoon 2/2/2018, but looking for people for other days as well.

My Boat: Parker 2320 Pilothouse in a slip in Dana Point Harbor with good electronics and a great bait tank. Room for 4, but most times 2 or 3.
Fishing: I'm seeking fishing buddies for local and overnight trips to Cat or SCI.

Name: Dave J
Availability: Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon (prefer weekdays to avoid crowds)
Contact info: start a conversation with me here and I'll get back to you.
Smoke: Never, strongly prefer if you don't
Drink: Socially, there is always beer on board.
Drugs: Never/don't think about it.

Let's see, the boat is new (6months) with just under 200 hours, so it starts and runs reliably. I fished a lot on party boats, especially the smaller boats and 6 packs if you fished those boats we have probably crossed paths as I used to fish 1-3 times per month. After being part of a boat club for 3 years I bought my own so I could go when I want.

I'll fish everything from local Dana Point to islands (Cat/SCI) and offshore. Work is a little sporadic so trips are almost always decided on with just 48-72hrs of notice. Once I decide to go, I'll go. I don't/won't go out in shit conditions, there is always tomorrow or next week.

I'm looking for people who like to fish, can tell a good joke, take care of their own shit and land their fish or at least willing to learn. Sometimes I have homemade Cheesecake or Apple pie on board. We have good gear on board and most of the things we would need, rod holders, multiple gaffes, big kill bags, awesome bait tank (65g), 137gal fuel, squid lights, etc Fuel/bait costs are split evenly. Get about 2.2mpg..sometimes better at 29mph

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017
Redondo Beach
Name
Reel lentless
Boat
Reel lentless
Hey Dave, I am a little north of you in Redondo Beach. I just moved down here from Portland. Sold all my fishing gear and boat and looking to get into it down here now. I am wanting to buy another boat but want to see what works best in these waters. In the mean time I would love to get out if you have open seats. You can see my fishing adventures on Instagram @reellentlesspdx Let me know if you need another guy to help out. Previously owning a boat I know my way around and know the costs that go along with it. Definitely hold up my share of the costs. Let me know if you want to have a call and see if I might be a good fit for your crew.

Thanks!

Mike Canning

Oct 15, 2017
Newport Coast
Name
Mike Canning
Boat
Amazing Grace
We used to do this back in the day and it made it easy to fill a spot for those with boats.

Format of Post

Name:
Contact Info:
Smoke/Drink?:
References:

Example
Name:
Jason
Availability: Any weekday need a couple hours notice.
Contact Info: PM me, 111-999-8880 call anytime.
Smoke/Drink: Not if you don't want me to.
References: Ali, Carl, Northeastfisherman, ibfishin, fishin4life
Name: Mike Canning
Availability: any time
Contact Info: 202.536.8432 cell
Smoke/Drink?: no
References: none on the west coast! can supply for Cape Hatteras NC

Mike Canning

Oct 15, 2017
Newport Coast
Name
Mike Canning
Boat
Amazing Grace
Looking for flexible/last minute hoes (building a list and checking it twice)
** leaving tomorrow afternoon 2/2/2018, but looking for people for other days as well.

My Boat: Parker 2320 Pilothouse in a slip in Dana Point Harbor with good electronics and a great bait tank. Room for 4, but most times 2 or 3.
Fishing: I'm seeking fishing buddies for local and overnight trips to Cat or SCI.

Name: Dave J
Availability: Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon (prefer weekdays to avoid crowds)
Contact info: start a conversation with me here and I'll get back to you.
Smoke: Never, strongly prefer if you don't
Drink: Socially, there is always beer on board.
Drugs: Never/don't think about it.

Let's see, the boat is new (6months) with just under 200 hours, so it starts and runs reliably. I fished a lot on party boats, especially the smaller boats and 6 packs if you fished those boats we have probably crossed paths as I used to fish 1-3 times per month. After being part of a boat club for 3 years I bought my own so I could go when I want.

I'll fish everything from local Dana Point to islands (Cat/SCI) and offshore. Work is a little sporadic so trips are almost always decided on with just 48-72hrs of notice. Once I decide to go, I'll go. I don't/won't go out in shit conditions, there is always tomorrow or next week.

I'm looking for people who like to fish, can tell a good joke, take care of their own shit and land their fish or at least willing to learn. Sometimes I have homemade Cheesecake or Apple pie on board. We have good gear on board and most of the things we would need, rod holders, multiple gaffes, big kill bags, awesome bait tank (65g), 137gal fuel, squid lights, etc Fuel/bait costs are split evenly. Get about 2.2mpg..sometimes better at 29mph
Hey, Dave: Let me know if you need a guy to go with you. I have 25 years experience on the East Coast in the blue water. I live in Newport now. I am about your age and in good shape. Call me any time at 202 536 8432 cell. Thanks, Mike Canning

Deric Witt

Oct 17, 2017
Huntington Beach
Name
Deric
Boat
2015 Sea Fox Commander
Hey Guys,
I'm looking for EXPERIENCED fishermen who know the waters out of Huntington/LB/Catalina areas. I have a 20' Sea Fox Commander with less than 200 hours. I'm an HB local but as this is my first boat I'm still learning the ropes. What I'm looking for are a few experienced fisherman to become buds that can spread that knowledge to an eager student. I have quite a bit of tackle and rods and am ready to get into some pelagic this season!!! If you're down hit me back! I always have Sundays and Mondays off. I'm also looking for a local club to join if anybody has any info. Take care and tight lines!!!

Deric

jrod*62

Can't get enough
Sep 12, 2011
Crystalaire Ca
Name
Jared Hollers
Boat
aggressor
Name:Jared Hollers
Availability:mostly weekends ....but anytime with a little notice
Contact Info: [email protected] (661)9528707 or pm me
Smoke/Drink?: nope I’m their to fish personal preference i don’t mind if you you do
References: Not at the moment
Bio:i fish mostly out of San Diego and Oxnard on party boats but that’s because I don’t have a boat of my own also been to Mexico a few times . I have all my own gear and tackle and some to share . I’m good at cleaning I pitch in for fuel and bait... your boat your rules ... I’m also a veteran looking for like minded fishing friends. any questions please ask

bassman88

Oct 23, 2016
San Gabriel Valley
Name
L
Boat
none
Name: Larry B

Availability: Saturdays (need a week notice)
Contact Info: PM
Smoke/Drink?: No/No
References: None
Bio: Going in to my 2nd year. Still learning ...