sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
hey Doug, I'm going to be in SD thursday evening. lmk if we can meet up 714 322 2200
Going out tomorrow 9/15
Need 2 guys on the list! If your not on my list send me a message about yourself! The season just started! Don't put your gear away yet! Need a Eagle Eye tower man or woman!

Dat Diep

Aug 7, 2016
Huntington Beach
Name
Dat Diep
Boat
Hopefully sooner rather than later
Going out tomorrow 9/15
Need 2 guys on the list! If your not on my list send me a message about yourself! The season just started! Don't put your gear away yet! Need a Eagle Eye tower man or woman!
Am I on the list? I can't make it tomorrow but would like to be considered for future trips.

thanks,

dat

RenoG

Mission Bay - Campland 25' Larson Cabin Boat
Sep 2, 2016
Poway, CA
www.renog.info
Name
Reno G
Boat
Sea Sea Rider
Family fisher with 25' cabin boat in Mission Bay (Campland) seeking fishing buddies for Pt Loma kelp, 9 mile, 181, 182; light offshore US Waters. Sat/Sun weekly.

I have been fishing Mission Bay and La Jolla / Pt Loma kelp for years for calicos, rockfish, halibut; fishing the kelp is fun, but I'm looking to go offshore where the bigger fish are.

Not looking for work crew; I enjoy my time on the water fishing.

My GF and my two boys sometimes come along; If we fish the kelp your share is about $10. Going offshore we'll figure something out.

I smoke cigarettes on deck, one beer lasts a whole trip, and if we get hungry I'll fire up some BLT's or whatever is in the fridge.

Click on my name then "start a conversation" if interested.

Reno

25larson_small.jpg

Last edited:

TakeItEasy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2012
Westminster, Orange County
Name
Michael
Boat
Sold
Family fisher with 25' cabin boat in Mission Bay (Campland) seeking fishing buddies for Pt Loma kelp, 9 mile, 181, 182; light offshore US Waters. Sat/Sun weekly.

I have been fishing Mission Bay and La Jolla / Pt Loma kelp for years for calicos, rockfish, halibut; fishing the kelp fun, but I'm looking to go a little more offshore where the bigger fish are.

Not looking for a tuna crew or somebody to fillet my fish; just reasonable fishing buddies grateful to have somebody with a boat to fish alongside them and spend time fishing on the water.

My GF and my two boys sometimes come along; so don't expect a raging party of loud-mouths or drunk adrenaline. If we fish the kelp your share is about $20. Going offshore I have no idea because I have never been.

Cigarettes, cigars, and beer only; no 420's; sdsheriff.com warrant check clearance required :)

View attachment 792011
No smoking, no alcohol. Above average fisherman. Have own equipment.

Last edited:

Sierrasracing

Sep 11, 2016
Fontana
Name
Tony
Boat
None
Name:Tony Sierra 48 yo
Location: Fontana Ca, can drive to San Diego, LA/OC area and Ventura
Availability: Weekdays , Usually can go if i have 24 to 48 hour notice sometimes sooner
Contact Info: 909-782-3070 [email protected]
Smoke/Drink?: I don't smoke and I don't mind if people around me do. I drink light beer but don't mind if the the boat is a dry boat. References: I've done fishing in San Quintin Mexico and Mazatlan in pangas trolling for Barracuda Yellow Fin and bonito and deep/rock, I have my own gear for trolling talica 25a and a Torium 30, I will chip in for bait gas or anything else that is need it; and will happily help clean up the boat after fishing. I know how to do knots and get my gear ready but I don't have experience in boats but I'm a quick and motivated learner because I'am going to buy my own small boat next year.

Last edited:

BarryFree

Fighting off becoming a Tackle Ho!
Sep 26, 2007
Moreno Valley, California
Name
Barry
Boat
Former owner of Skipjack FB 24 and Skipjack 20' open.
Name: Michael
Availability: weekends
Contact Info: [email protected] or pm for cell #
Smoke/Drink?: no/no
References: will split all costs, bring own gear, and help clean the boat. im a great deckhand and will help out whenever its needed.
Would like to chat with you.

BarryFree

Sep 26, 2007
Name
Barry
Boat
I'm Clyde. I have a 25' wellcraft walk around. I typically fish 3 on my boat sometimes 4. Boat is on a trailer so I'll go anywhere from Catalina to the hidden to the Salvador knoll. My bait tank keeps bait well and I don't drive like a jackass. We usually get em. Smoking is ok and there will be smoking but very few beers and no dope.
Rules:
no sleeping until we are done. I got up early just like you did.

No bananas

Keep the boat clean and washed down. Grab the brush before the blood is dry.

Don't put your hands in the bait tank. Don't drop the net in the bait tank. Don't put baits that fall on the deck back in the bait tank.

If a troller goes off, brail a few pieces of bait (QUICKLY) before grabbing the troller.

We share the catch equally and we don't keep small fish (baby yellows or tunas)

No bananas.

The guys I go with and myself, we look hard ALL day. It sucks when the new guy wants to chill in the bean bag all day and expects us to spot kelps and birds. Don't be that guy. Anyone that fishes with me can tell you that we try really hard and we don't give up.
I will have to steal some of your verbage, great stuff!

BarryFree

Sep 26, 2007
Name
Barry
Boat
I'm Clyde. I have a 25' wellcraft walk around. I typically fish 3 on my boat sometimes 4. Boat is on a trailer so I'll go anywhere from Catalina to the hidden to the Salvador knoll. My bait tank keeps bait well and I don't drive like a jackass. We usually get em. Smoking is ok and there will be smoking but very few beers and no dope.
Rules:
no sleeping until we are done. I got up early just like you did.

No bananas

Don't put your hands in the bait tank. Don't drop the net in the bait tank. Don't put baits that fall on the deck back in the bait tank.

If a troller goes off, brail a few pieces of bait (QUICKLY) before grabbing the troller.

No bananas.

The guys I go with and myself, we look hard ALL day. It sucks when the new guy wants to chill in the bean bag all day and expects us to spot kelps and birds. Don't be that guy. Anyone that fishes with me can tell you that we try really hard and we don't give up.
I will have to steal some of your verbage, great stuff!

BarryFree

Sep 26, 2007
Name
Barry
Boat
Name: Barry - Older Christian, funloving, young at heart, happily married former Marine.
Availability: Weekends and occasional weekday
Contact Info: [email protected]
Smoke/Drink?:No Smoking/Yes

Rules: no sleeping until we are done. I got up early just like you did.

Be in good physical shape. Boating, trailering experience helpful.

Be pro-active, set out fenders, be a good deckhand. Drive occasionally

Don't put your hands in the bait tank. Don't drop the net in the bait tank.

Scoop one bait at a time. Don't put baits that fall on the deck back in the bait tank.

In the heat of battle clear the rail of rods if not hooked up.

Fish Catalina and local, Lobster hooping gear set and ready to go.

P.S. Not such a hardass, naps can be taken on the way home, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dat Diep

xxofnirxx

Jun 15, 2015
Name
luis bobadilla
Boat
Boat
Name: Luis "Mike" Bobadilla

Location: Ridgcrest, CA. I can drive to San Diego, LA/OC area and Ventura

Availability: Weekdays/weekends. Since I live out in the dessert, I would need plenty of time to make sleeping arrangements and what not.

Contact Info: 805-453-1769 or [email protected]

Smoke/Drink?: I don't mind either and will partake in light drinking and/or cigars. I ABSOLUTELY cannot be around any type of illegal substances.

References: I've done rock fishing in SLO/Santa Barbara/Ventura, deep sea fishing off Florida in Gulf, and have been deep sea in Mexico multiple times. I am new to this site, so I don't have any named references.

Extras: I have my own gear for rock fishing and possibly trolling. I will chip in for bait gas or anything else required. I will happily help clean up the boat after fishing and during. I know how to do knots and get my gear ready but I don't have experience in boats but I'm a quick and motivated learner.

Vladsickle

HardLurker
Oct 9, 2016
SOCAL
Name
VLAD
Boat
none
Name: Vladimir
Availability: Every other Friday Saturday Sunday (if I get a heads up early enough I can take time off work)
Contact Info: PM me and we can exchange contact info.
Smoke/Drink?: Sometimes I'll enjoy a beer once the fishing is done. Don't smoke but it doesn't bother me.
References: New to this site, but I've been out on day trips, some out of 22nd street and some on a friend's boat. I'm a quick study, and enjoy learning from others. I have my own gear and of course willing to split costs(fuel, bait, Ect)

fishincrazy

100 Ton
Jun 21, 2005
San Diego
Name
Mark
Boat
25' Mako "Get Hooked"
Name: Mark
Days Available: Prefer weekends but sometimes weekdays ok with notice.
BIO: US Coast Guard Veteran, Director for large corporation in SD
Experience: 30+ years fishing, 100 Gross Ton Captains License, Long Range Boats, My own boat
Drink/Smoke: Enjoy a beer or two. No tobacco.
References: Hawkplayer32, Nickc5, Jdrumz, Momaguro

I own a 25ft Mako Center Console. Port engine just died end of 2016 and need to save up to replace. I have hosted many Boat Ho's on my boat, see above references. I am financially secure enough to pay for my share of trip expenses, I have all my own gear and then some, don't need lessons on how to tie a knot or bait a fish. I also get the entire process of owning a boat from preparation days before to cleaning the boat after a very long day/trip. I can back a boat down a ramp as well as navigate a boat in the worst of conditions. I am looking to fish the 2017 season on others boats and save for a new engine. Overall I have a very easy going personality and enjoy being on the water hunting the Pelagics.

Reactions: Arima-bob and sueno

jigstrike

SCUBA Spearing Daddy
Feb 28, 2004
Sabre Springs
Name
Tom McKinney
Boat
Pacific Option, a 2006 Tiara 3000 Open
Tom
San Diego/Poway
My boat or yours .

Boat is Tiara 3000 open. Twin gas 30ft express. No smoking. Limited alcohol is fine. Drunks are not invited back. Only get about a mile a gallon so we need a few huys to make it worth the fuel

Long time boater, sailor, diver and fisherman, but new to finding fish for myself, you have been warned.

I am a stay at home dad and can fish after the kids get dropped off at school about once a week. Can maybe do one weekend of fishing a month (weekend I bring the 9 year old, he is hard core on the fish)

Looking to develop a new crew of regulars to fish with. Was spear fishing on SCUBA every week for 5 years until my buddies got transferred or changed careers and now my midweek taco meat runs are few and far between. Want to get back to regular fishing and or diving

So if fishing or diving is your thing, pm me.

M4TT

Feb 19, 2016
Los Angeles
Name
Matt
Boat
176cc
Name: Matt
Days Available: unfortunately only weekends
Drink/Smoke: I drink beer in general but not when I fish. If I do, it's a beer or two. I don't smoke but don't mind if you do.
References: I'm new to the forum so I don't really know anyone on here. However, I've been on a ton of cattle boats/a few private boats and have fished my entire life. I have plenty of my own gear and am more than willing to pay for gas/bait as well as help clean the boat afterward.

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Ho's welcome!
I'm rarely a ho, but open to an invite...

Name: I have a few, but Bob is good.
Location: I.E. but an hour and a half from Long Beach or San Diego.
Availability: Friday, Saturday, sometimes Sunday with notice.
Smoke/drink: YES I only smoke tobacco, and enjoy a couple few beers. I don't get drunk, or appreciate those that do(on the water). No federally illegal substances allowed on my boat. You don't have to drink or smoke, but don't bitch if I do.

The boat is a 17' Arima. Local islands are easy trips, but gas cans are often added if going further than Catalina. Chicken Hawk has a 32 gallon bait tank, radar, gps, fish finder, vhf, ten rod holders plus two trolling holders.
Coming soon: TunAssasin, 24' skipjack FB w/ diesel power

References are: OBpablo, gnehekul, PHISHIFUL, robo69, fishinfool101380, and probably a few others.

Last edited:

Benny Mora

Nov 1, 2016
Socal
Name
Benny mora
Boat
Triton 195cc
Boat Ho's with boating experience welcomed!!!

Name:
Benny Mora
Boat: 2006 Triton 195cc with 270hrs on outboard. It was fully serviced just a few months ago. Equipped with 35gal. Bait tank, raymarine c80 and all proper safety equipment
Experience: I have zero offshore boating experience and I'm looking for an experience boat ho with offshore boating experience. Willing to pay for entire expenses
Drink/smoke: I don't drink and smoke but don't mind if other people do.
Bio: In a nut shell I recently started fishing, I bought a decent 20' CC, and I'm looking for someone willing to show me how to operate the boat and how to find fish. I can pay for fuel and bait.

bd307

Jan 30, 2017
BEST PLACE ON EARTH
Name
Johnny
Boat
NA
Name: Johnny
Availability: Weekends
Contact Info: PM - sorry not feeling comfortable leaving my phone number online
Smoke/Drink?: No smoking. I don't drink out on sea
References: New to the forum
Bio: Very little experience comparing to most of you here, but I have a few rigs for bottom and surface fishing. No problem sharing the costs, but I cannot help out too much physically due to bad back. Open to help out in all other aspects.

cameron ater

Apr 18, 2017
29 palms,CA
Name
cameron ater
Boat
2017 Hobie Outback
Name: Cameron Ater
Availability: weekends
Contact Info: 979-864-9812
Smoke/Drink?: Yes I drink, but wont if you're not cool with it
References: Die hard fisherman, U.S. Marine that will out work everyone you know. I will split all costs and help prepare your boat before and after a trip

Reactions: Arima-bob

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
Thanks to all the guys who have reached out to me from this post, I no longer need to be on this list. I am editing this post so that I dont inconvenience anyone looking for a hoe. Thanks for everything!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MYNomad

mricy

Jul 25, 2016
Arcadia
Name
Jack
Boat
None
Name: Jack
LA, SGV area, but willing to drive to SD.
Availability: Mostly weekends, ideally Sunday.
Contact Info: Text or call: 626-993-5562
Smoke/Drink?: Cigarettes: Yes, but I don't have to. Drinks: not while fishing
References: None from here, I'm new to the forums. I've had lots of party boat experience, and been out on a few small boats and 4 packs. I have all my own gear from Rockfishing to Tuna, except for a trolling setup. I'm more than willing to split the cost of whatever is needed from Gas/ baits/ etc. I'm also willing to help clean up and learn more about boating. I would like to have my own boat one day, so this would be a nice start.

Looking forward to fishing with you guys.

Thanks.

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
Hello,
My name is Chris and I live in Corona. I apologize in advance for how long this post is but I felt I should give you as much info as possible because I want to go fishing with you. You are going to have a hard time finding a better boat ho than me.

I show up early (usually with warm donuts), fully prepared with my gear and a small cooler with sandwiches, snacks, waters, and sodas for all. If needed, i can also bring a big bag of ice.

I usually fish with 2 buddies on an 18' Scout but the Captain has been rather busy lately with his Daughter's sports. Normally, I prepare the boat (while the Captain is still sleeping) which includes hooking the boat to the truck, taking off the battery charger, putting in plugs, loading all of our gear, tightening the rod holders (if needed), and any other task that needs to be done. Capt. wakes up, does last minute check, and we hit the road.

Hit the gas station, fill up and I hand over cash without being asked (my third). Get to the dock, I pay my portion of the parking costs without being asked. I back the boat in while Capt is on board. Once launched, I park the truck making sure to park in the lines to avoid tickets, make sure all valuables like spare tire/jack, big cooler, and washing gear are secured in the cab then lock up and head to the dock.

Once we are in the harbor, I will make sure the antenna is up, perform radio check and start cleaning boat with a bucket to get off the dust. This also will confirm bilge is working. I pay my third of the bait costs without being asked, I dont put my hands in the bait tank, nor do I leave the net in there. I bring a kitchen trashbag and HATE to see litter hit the ocean.

During the ride out to the destination, i will usually rig everyone's rods up (depending on how bumpy it is). I can tie plenty of knots really well and all you have to do it tell me how you want each rod set up. Knock on wood, me and crew haven't lost fish due to a bad knott.

I am courteous when fishing, a team player who wants to put fish on deck. I clear rods when bent, I am good with the net and gaff and dont keep anything close to being short. I keep the boat clean all day with a rag/bucket and dont let blood dry. I dont leave tackle around and certainly dont let heavy sinkers roll around or bounce on the boat. I am happy to pull the anchor multiple times but expect help if I have to pull anchor in excess. I dont smoke and might have a beer if you offer and twist my arm a tiny bit. Usually dont drink more than 1 beer if that.

Hopefully we put fish on the boat. If we do, I will clean/fillet the fish (with my fillet knife) and put into gallon ziplock bags I brought. I prefer to do this in the harbor then hit the boat one last time with the bucket and rag to clean off guts. Make sure antenna is down.

When we hit the dock, I'll go get the truck, back it up, help get the boat on the trailer then pull over to the wash (hopefully there is a wash). As a team, we soap up and brush the boat clean, tighten drags when wash down rods/reels (dont forget to loosen drags once rinsed off), put rod/reel covers on, pull plugs, put away fish finder, and make sure the boat is ready for the ride home.

Im available most Saturdays and can travel anywhere from San Diego to San Pedro. I am a super nice (and funny) guy, willing to work and play hard. I know how to troubleshoot issues that come up, and can improvise to make fixes if needed. I care about your boat like its mine, but care about safety more than anything and respect the ocean immensely. No doubt I will be one of your regulars if I boat ho for you one time.

I can be reached at 562 two33 73five0. Call or text. Lets fish man!!!
Chris brings ho's to a new level. Can't wait for the warm donuts!

Reactions: maxsdad

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
Name: Bo Taylor
Availability: Weekend warrior can occasionally do some week trips if I have enough notice
Contact Info: [email protected] | 71four-3four3-8503
Smoke/Drink?: Your boat your call
References: What is this a job application?
Bio: I am one of the most fun people you will ever fish with. I am a web developer and have two boys who I cant wait to turn into little fisherman. If you can find the fish we will catch them! I have professional equipment in which I am more than happy to share. By no means need to smoke or drink, but if capt is cool with it.. I will buy and more than happy to share!

Reactions: Arima-bob