Dana Point
Name
Ed Gillest
Boat
18' seaswirl cuddy
Name: Ed
Availability: any day but Thursday
Contact Info: 9 4 9-201-7 2 3 1
Smoke/Drink?: yes (not around non smokers tho)/just a beer on the way in...maybe
References: I know some guys...don't know their handles on here tho. I'm reliable and helpful

TrixKelly

Rancho relaxo Tuna killa
Jul 31, 2007
Vista, CA
Name
CK
Boat
Royal Polaris, Ocean Odyssey, Yours with an invite
Name: Chris (CK) Kelly
Availability:Everyday, Require eight hours notice
Contact Info: 760-213-1477 (leave me message, I don't pick up numbers not in my contact list)/ email: [email protected]
Smoke/Drink?: Don't smoke and do not care if others do (as long as its not blown in my grill) Love beer, but only occasionally while fishing. will join in for one or two on the water.
Experience: I have fished inshore and Offshore for over three decades. From the Domes to the East Cape of Baja. Offshore experience sporty trips 1-3 days mostly tuna, dorado, yellowtail. Have my own gear, will pitch in money for gas/bait and what ever else is needed.
I will stick around to clean up the boat and fish afterwords.

References: Lets get this started.

Nathan1212

Keyboard Cowboy
Oct 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Name
Nathan
Boat
Some time soon
Name: Nathan Schochet
Availability: Weekdays through October, Need a day heads up
Contact Info: 818-5882679, return calls within the hour, text ASAP
Smoke/Drink?: Don't smoke. Crack an IPA on occasion and can bring a sixer for the boat.
Experience: Fished Sporties for the past decade. Have all decent gear and trolling gear. I can cut bait, chum, and scrub down a boat. Mainly fished sporties so can't drive and am a below average gaff shot. Got a great attitude, always looking to learn more and am willing to do whatever is needed.
Obviously have cash for gas/bait/expenses, I get that boat ownership is expensive and am grateful to ride a PB versus a sportie.

Thanks for the consideration

Last edited:

Lipripper13

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 10, 2014
Whittier
Name
Nick
Boat
Peps
Name: Nick H.
AVAILABILITY: Weekdays preferably, few weekends.
CONTACTInfo: [email protected]: 562-204-8479
Smoke/Drink?: Smoke what?/ Drink... of course(If drinking is not allowed not a problem, but I do BMYOB if neccesary)
References: New to the boat Ho Forum, but have only fished private for the last 10 years. Since my dad and I have owned our own boat. Also fish on the JAD out of Pedro. RyanD on BD can vouch for me also.

Wiling to pitch in for bait/ gas... Will stick around to clean boat. or whatever else may be needed. Usually not in need of boat hos when taking our boat out, but if you are willing to take me along when I am not taking my own out I would be more than happy to return the favor! Have my own gear and trolling rods and rigs.

T-Tang

Far from newbie, but lifetime learner
Jul 27, 2006
Dana Point
Name
Tyson
Boat
21' Bayliner Trophy
Name: Tyson
Availability: Fluctuates between Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays with occasional Wednesdays
Contact info: PM me, call (310) 592-2086
Smoke/drink: Don't smoke/drink if permissible
Experience: Been fishing the ocean since the mid-late '80's, have my own gear
References: Mattanza, Captamb1, Tailman

Last edited:

TrapHook22

Avid Slayer
Jun 9, 2008
Costa Mesa, Ca
Name
Branden
Boat
"Fathom This"
Name: Branden
Availability: WEEKDAYS, Weekends. 2 days notice is ideal for SD, but if you're close to me, a few hours can work.
Contact Info: 714-797-7769
Smoke/Drink? Smoke occasionally, not required / I'll drink depending on the group. If the bites hot like it's been, it's not worth getting sloppy. Guys who can't hold their booze on a boat can be a disaster. But I enjoy a good cold drink.
References: Smelt4Bait, Jason Gallo, Los Anglers, Curry

Useful Notes:
I travel light and effective. 2-3 rods. AVET 2spd. DAIWA 2spd. GoPro. Shoulder tackle bag.
I'm s
elf reliant, quick, respectful, I don't get sea sick, and all for good vibes.

bigdust44

looking fo some tail.
Jul 22, 2014
San Diego, CA
Name
Dustin
Boat
let's take yours this time
Name: Dustin L
Availability: weekends, weekdays, just let me know I'll get the time off. Hoping to go tomorrow or this weekend, let me know.
Contact info: 760-554-six5seven6 or pm me, I'm on everyday(it may be a problem I should address)
Smoke/drink. I don't smoke, you can do as you please. I usually don't drink on a boat, but will share one with you if you'd like.
References: tunajuan, owner of the bait bandit. I know my role, I bring my own bait cutting and boat scrubbing tools, and know it is expected that I do it. I know how to drive and load and unload off of the trailer. I have my own gear, and don't mind sharing if someone needs something I have. I'm good at gaffing and filleting. Let me know what food and drinks you want and I'll bring it. I expect to pay my share of all costs, and if we go enough, I'll start to buy things for your boat just to show my appreciation. Very easy going, and level headed in high pressure situations, i like to have fun, and am happy just to be on the water with good people. Let's go get some fish, thanks in advance for giving me a shot.

sjohjr

Sep 20, 2008
Arcadia
Name
Steve
Boat
I wish.
Name: Steve Joh (39)
Availability: usually weekdays but once in a blue moon I can fish on a Saturday. I just need a day or two notice either way.
Smoke/Drink: I smoke but don't need to if that's your preference. Might have a beer if I'm offered one but usually stick to water and soda.
Contact info: cell #714-724-7727
References: Thomas Aranda, Evan Salvay, Benny Florentino, Scott Chan
Useful notes: I'm an experience fisherman, I love to fish I have all my own gear and I'm always ready to split the cost of bait and fuel. I will always help with cleaning the boat at the end of the day. I'm an easy going guy who likes to have fun on the water. I'm punctual and reliable.

1Prince

Sep 25, 2015
Culver City
Name
Prince
Boat
Don't have one
Name : Prince
Availability : Mostly all weekends
Contact info : PM me, 310-438-0753 call anytime
Smoke/Drink : I don't but don't mind if you do

Always on time, have no problem with cost sharing and cleaning.

Thank you

Billy L

AK halibut charter captain
Jul 4, 2009
San Diego and AK
Name
Billy
Boat
25’, 22’ Whalers
Name: Bill
Availability: anytime.
Contact Info: pm, call or text 6195205696
Smoke/Drink?: neither
References: many on BD

I'm very experience and has all my gears. Sold my 26' Striper couple of years ago.
I can drive a boat and familiar with electronics. Can clean fish with my Bubba Blade also.

reel therapy

21 Triumph CC
Aug 6, 2008
San Diego ca. us
Name
thomas
Boat
21' CC Love Them Triumphs!
Name: Kevin Menna
Availability: Any Weekday with 24hrs notice, some weekends.
Contact Info: 6one9-9two9-676one
Smoke/Drink: No
References/Experience: Too many references to list. Been fishing for 40+ years, worked on many boats (Apollo), 35-42' Sportfishers, Deckhanded when I was a whippersnapper. Owned my own boats still do (bass boat), know how to navigate ocean and use all electronics and most all else on a boat...know the drill. Looking to fish with skilled anglers in the know. Thanks in Advance!
Hey Kevin, I'm an East co. resident too. I am retired and can fish most days. Let me know if you are interested?

Lipripper007

Double Digit
May 13, 2010
El Cajon, CA
Name
LIPRIPPER
Boat
Sprint
Hey Kevin, I'm an East co. resident too. I am retired and can fish most days. Let me know if you are interested?
I just might be! Thank you for the consideration. Feel free to call me and we can discuss how we might be able to put a game plan together.
619-929-6761

Matthew Zimmerman

Fun Haver
Mar 14, 2015
Huntington Beach
Name
Matthew
Boat
11 foot Caribe
Name: Matthew Zimmerman
Availability: Friday to Sunday (Need some notice)
Contact Info: pm me or Email
Smoke/Drink?: Neither
References: New to the boat hoe list but have plenty of experience offshore and inshore fishing

reel therapy

21 Triumph CC
Aug 6, 2008
San Diego ca. us
Name
thomas
Boat
21' CC Love Them Triumphs!
References: New to the boat hoe list but have plenty of experience offshore and inshore fishing

CATSAS-S®

May 21, 2014
Name
Sheldon Charron
Boat
13' Avon SeaRider SR4 w/30HP Mariner Commercial Two-Stroke
I've got an Avon Searider SR4 out of San Pedro. It's a 14' RIB. I'm new to San Pedro so looking for people to fish with when I'm not spearfishing or scuba diving (My dive buddies here don't fish hook and line). Sorry but I don't allow smoking on the boat. The boat is good to cross to Catalina in good weather but mostly I'm interested in local coastal trips or possibly trailering to another launch point. I'd like to get out at least a couple times a week. I also have a few ambush lobster traps and would be down to hoop net the odd evening.

Reactions: Dat Diep

readysetgo

Dec 2, 2015
Wilmington/San pedro/Long Beach
Name
Nicholas
Boat
none
I've got an Avon Searider SR4 out of San Pedro. It's a 14' RIB. I'm new to San Pedro so looking for people to fish with when I'm not spearfishing or scuba diving (My dive buddies here don't fish hook and line). Sorry but I don't allow smoking on the boat. The boat is good to cross to Catalina in good weather but mostly I'm interested in local coastal trips or possibly trailering to another launch point. I'd like to get out at least a couple times a week. I also have a few ambush lobster traps and would be down to hoop net the odd evening.
Hi Sheldon, my name is Nick and I live in Wilmington. I am free weekdays after 2pm and have weekends off. I also spearfish as well. If you would like a donation for gas and or help cleaning up afterward I would be more than happy to help. If it make you feel better I have endorsements from AB to 100 ton and lots of charter and commercial fishing and spearfishing experience. My number is 1 562 233 5082
here is a link to a spearfishing video my buddy made of us in Chuuk this October.

Matthew Zimmerman

Fun Haver
Mar 14, 2015
Huntington Beach
Name
Matthew
Boat
11 foot Caribe
Hey sheldon, I live in huntington beach and am avalible in the afternoons on weekdays and most weekends. Shoot me an email when you want to go out and I'd be more than happy to pitch for gas and help clean up/clean fish. I have an 11 foot caribe that I fish off so I'm familiar with fishing from a smaller boat. Tight lines!

Jan 15, 2013
Oceanside, CA
Name
Brian Meyer
Boat
Just sold it!!
Lived here for 6 years and I have been out in multiple trips both private and head boats. I am back out here for training for the next couple weeks and have both of the next 2 weekends open. Unfortunately I came across the country to be here and do not have any gear. Looking to get out on a boat out of San Diego for a day this or next weekend. In the military so used to early mornings and being on time. Will help out with any and everything that needs to be done. Have experience on boats and not that guy who will be the whiny b---h the entire time if we don't find fish!! Call or text me at 540-538-6761. Thanks and tight lines to all!!

Nov 26, 2015
Carlsbad, CA
Name
Mitchell Dwelley
Boat
N/A
Name: Mitchell Dwelley
Availability: Most weekdays. Need about a days notice
Contact Info: PM me, 760-994-6038 call anytime.
Smoke/Drink: Not if you don't want me to.
References: New to the boat hoe list but have plenty of experience offshore and inshore fishing. Got all my own equipment as well

Reactions: Tom goddijn

harrybaggs

Non-Newbie
Jan 3, 2016
Dana Point
Name
Harrison
Boat
working on it
Name: Harrison B.
Location: Dana Point. Will travel anywhere. LA to SD I'm DOWN.
Availability: Anyime. Anyday. Just need few hours heads up.
Contact Info: 925-588-1232 or PM me (phone is best)
Smoke/Drink: Not unless you are.
References: Just moved down to SoCal from the Bay so Im just starting to meet people. Young, professional, respectful and ambitious guy always stoked to be out on the water. Give me a call and I'm sure you'll get a vibe for who I am. Would love to meet some new fisherman down here!

socaldieseltech

Jun 5, 2006
Irvine, CA
Name
Clyde
Boat
252 GW Sailfish “Rosie”
I'm Clyde. I have a 25' wellcraft walk around. I typically fish 3 on my boat sometimes 4. Boat is on a trailer so I'll go anywhere from Catalina to the hidden to the Salvador knoll. My bait tank keeps bait well and I don't drive like a jackass. We usually get em. Smoking is ok and there will be smoking but very few beers and no dope.
Rules:
no sleeping until we are done. I got up early just like you did.

No bananas

Keep the boat clean and washed down. Grab the brush before the blood is dry.

Don't put your hands in the bait tank. Don't drop the net in the bait tank. Don't put baits that fall on the deck back in the bait tank.

If a troller goes off, brail a few pieces of bait (QUICKLY) before grabbing the troller.

We share the catch equally and we don't keep small fish (baby yellows or tunas)

No bananas.

The guys I go with and myself, we look hard ALL day. It sucks when the new guy wants to chill in the bean bag all day and expects us to spot kelps and birds. Don't be that guy. Anyone that fishes with me can tell you that we try really hard and we don't give up.

Matthew Zimmerman

Fun Haver
Mar 14, 2015
Huntington Beach
Name
Matthew
Boat
11 foot Caribe
Name: Matt Zimmerman
Availability: Tuesday/Thursday and most weekends. Need little notice.
Contact Info: Call or Text me 714-267-233
Smoke/Drink?: I follow and respect boat owners rules.

I'll do all the work, just need a spot on a boat to get on the water.

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
Ride Sharing / Boat Ho List
Looking for nice motivated eagle eyes experienced crew! Easy to get along with!
I'm Doug I have a 2310 Parker walk around that is dialed in! I live in San Diego and I have been fishing most of my life! I typically fish 3 on my boat sometimes 4 if we're running offshore! 2 in the tower looking! The boat is all rigged with new top of the line electronics,Outriggers,down rigger. 20+ rod holders,Tower, Go- Pro cameras,Radar, 60 gallon bait tank! 150 gallons of fuel! Smoking is OK only in the tower!
No sleeping!!! No shitty gear!!Fresh line on your reels! Nothing worse than losing your fish to old fishing line! If someone needs help gaffing fish that is a priority! Keep the boat clean and washed down before the blood is dry!
Thinking about fishing some tournaments this year with the right crew! It's always nice to meet people before they actually go fishing with me. Stop by for a beer!
Fish mostly during the week but never on a busy weekend!
Send me a message if you're interested in fishing with me! Lazy asses please stick to party boats! Tight lines!

Last edited:

CaptBBach

May 29, 2016
So Cal
Name
Brandon Bachman
Boat
No boat
Sueno sent you a msg give me a ring!!!

Ride Sharing / Boat Ho List
Looking for nice motivated eagle eyes experienced crew! Easy to get along with!
I'm Doug I have a 2310 Parker walk around that is dialed in! I live in San Diego and I have been fishing most of my life! I typically fish 3 on my boat sometimes 4 if we're running offshore! 2 in the tower looking! The boat is all rigged with new top of the line electronics,Outriggers,down rigger. 20+ rod holders,Tower, Go- Pro cameras,Radar, 60 gallon bait tank! 150 gallons of fuel! Smoking is OK only in the tower!
No sleeping!!! No shitty gear!!Fresh line on your reels! Nothing worse than losing your fish to old fishing line! If someone needs help gaffing fish that is a priority! Keep the boat clean and washed down before the blood is dry!
Thinking about fishing some tournaments this year with the right crew! It's always nice to meet people before they actually go fishing with me. Stop by for a beer!
Fish mostly during the week but never on a busy weekend!
Send me a message if you're interested in fishing with me! Lazy asses please stick to party boats! Tight lines!

Last edited:

CaptBBach

May 29, 2016
So Cal
Name
Brandon Bachman
Boat
No boat
Name: Brandon Bachman
Availability: anytime anyday I am very flexible
Contact Info: 850-250-6385
Smoke/Drink?: neither
References: No references just moved here from florida and dying to get back on the water. have been fishing for over 30 years inshore and offshore. Will work hard and help pay my way.

Reactions: sueno