Name
Michael Anderson
Boat
I_WISH
Name: Michael
Availability: weekends
Contact Info: [email protected] or pm for cell #
Smoke/Drink?: no/no
References: will split all costs, bring own gear, and help clean the boat. im a great deckhand and will help out whenever its needed.

Reactions: BarryFree

FISHNFRANK

Dec 24, 2004
Fullerton, CA
Name
Frank
Boat
Cabin
Name: Frank M.
Availability: Any weekday 24-48 hours notice
Contact Info: PM or call; 619-993-5237, email [email protected]
Smoke/Drink: Don't smoke or drink but don't mind those that do
References: Upon request. Most of my fishing experience is long range/Mexico but my company was bought so I've got some free time through the summer and fall for 1 and 2 day fishing. Give me at least a day, I've got a cabin up on Palomar and spend time there too. Happy to split gas and bait. I've got good equipment and I'm in good shape for 51. Easy going guy to fish with.

Rodger

Jul 14, 2015
SW Florida
Name
Rodger
Boat
None
Name: Rodger
Location: Inland Empire (quick access to most any SoCal launch site)
Availability: I can usually make any weekend a 3 day with a bit of notice, but mostly stick to weekend availability. Prefer a weeks out notice if I am making a 3 day weekend for myself. If you need someone during the week, I might be able - mostly comes to what is going on at work. Only way to know is to ask!
Contact Info: Email: [email protected] --- Cell: Email or PM to get this
Smoke/Drink?: Do not smoke (unless it is an occasional cigar), I do drink but it is not required - I can have fun either way.
Experience: Veteran for those it makes a difference to. I don't get sick, arrive on time (which is early to help prep), pay my share and stay to clean up afterwards. I have good long distance vision and more than willing to drive my share to make sure everyone gets poles in the water. I have my own gear and can lend a pole out as needed. I have spent my water time in SoCal doing 3/4 day to 2 day trips to Catalina and Offshore.

youngster

Jul 2, 2014
Name
young
Boat
none
Name: young, 46, korean american, banana (yellow on outside, white on inside)
Availability: sunday mon tues wed thur fri

Last edited:

Highwayman

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 25, 2015
Name
Sammy
Boat
None
Name: Sam
Availability: Mostly weekends
Contact info: PM me
Smoke or Drink: No
References: No new here, I have gone on small 1 to 3 man private charters with well known skippers. The bigg'uns area close in right now!

CJF619

Jul 26, 2014
El Cajon, CA
Name
Chris Fontana
Boat
n/a
Name: Chris Fontana
Availability: Weekends /with notice weekdays
Contact Info: text/call 6194579347 or email [email protected]
Smoke/Drink?: Smoke, but wont if it bothers anyone. Not a big drinker but will have a beer with you.
Experience: I know how to fish on boats and often go out on the 16' to the weeds or paddy hop (not my boat)
I have my own fishing gear, will pitch in money for gas\bait and what ever else is needed. I will stick around to clean up afterwords.

jplee3

May 3, 2007
Irvine
Name
Jeremy
Boat
n/a
Name: Jeremy
Availability: Weekends and at least 1-2 weeks advance notice for weekdays
Contact Info: PM me or email [email protected]
Smoke/Drink?: Don't smoke but don't care if others do (as long as you're not blowing it in my face LOL)/Drink occasionally but not heavily and might join for one or two.
Experience: Intermediate - been on cattle boats (1/2 day, 3/4, overnighters, 1.5) as well as six-packers and pangas. Know how to operate fishing gear (I have my own gear and tackle) no problem - good to go on the basic knots. Will pitch in for gas, bait, etc. Will help out with whatever and will help clean the boat after, etc.

Fishinjunkie

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 6, 2008
Aliso Viejo
Name
Kevin
Boat
N/A
Name: Kevin
Availability: Any day, just need 1 day notice
Contact Info: 714-383-5133
Smoke/Drink?: No tobacco, I have a couple of drinks to celebrate the kill.
References: Been fishing with buddy Vince on the "patty hopper" out of SD for the last couple of years, as well as, other friends that own boats. When they can't go, I like to get my fix on. I've fish long range on various boats out of SD, experience fisherman can help launching the boat.

Reactions: Dat Diep

Lipripper007

Double Digit
May 13, 2010
El Cajon, CA
Name
LIPRIPPER
Boat
Sprint
Name: Kevin Menna
Availability: Any Weekday with 24hrs notice, some weekends.
Contact Info: 6one9-9two9-676one
Smoke/Drink: No
References/Experience: Too many references to list. Been fishing for 40+ years, worked on many boats (Apollo), 35-42' Sportfishers, Deckhanded when I was a whippersnapper. Owned my own boats still do (bass boat), know how to navigate ocean and use all electronics and most all else on a boat...know the drill. Looking to fish with skilled anglers in the know. Thanks in Advance!

Sep 30, 2014
Long Beach
Name
Peter
Boat
Stealth 14
Name: Peter Spinazze
Location: Long Beach, happy to drive anywhere between SD and Ventura
Availability: Weekend Warrior at the moment
Contact Info: Please PM or email: [email protected]
Smoke/Drink?: Captain's rules. I'm fine either way.
References: I can't say I have a reference on BD. I've fished all my life and in the last five years I've made a serious effort to learn the craft of saltwater fishing, spending the last two fishing a Kayak anywhere from Big Sur to Baja including diving and hoop netting. I spent two summers in college working on a fuel/service dock and am comfortable with day and night time operation of a vessel 20' or smaller, single or twin screw. Above all else, I'm honest and will contribute my share. I know when to pitch in without being asked. Lets go fishing!

headwierd

Aug 3, 2015
Dana Point
Name
Ed Gillest
Boat
18' seaswirl cuddy
Name: Ed
Availability: any day but Thursday
Contact Info: 9 4 9-201-7 2 3 1
Smoke/Drink?: yes (not around non smokers tho)/just a beer on the way in...maybe
References: I know some guys...don't know their handles on here tho. I'm reliable and helpful

TrixKelly

Rancho relaxo Tuna killa
Jul 31, 2007
Vista, CA
Name
CK
Boat
Royal Polaris, Ocean Odyssey, Yours with an invite
Name: Chris (CK) Kelly
Availability:Everyday, Require eight hours notice
Contact Info: 760-213-1477 (leave me message, I don't pick up numbers not in my contact list)/ email: [email protected]
Smoke/Drink?: Don't smoke and do not care if others do (as long as its not blown in my grill) Love beer, but only occasionally while fishing. will join in for one or two on the water.
Experience: I have fished inshore and Offshore for over three decades. From the Domes to the East Cape of Baja. Offshore experience sporty trips 1-3 days mostly tuna, dorado, yellowtail. Have my own gear, will pitch in money for gas/bait and what ever else is needed.
I will stick around to clean up the boat and fish afterwords.

References: Lets get this started.

Nathan1212

Keyboard Cowboy
Oct 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Name
Nathan
Boat
Some time soon
Name: Nathan Schochet
Availability: Weekdays through October, Need a day heads up
Contact Info: 818-5882679, return calls within the hour, text ASAP
Smoke/Drink?: Don't smoke. Crack an IPA on occasion and can bring a sixer for the boat.
Experience: Fished Sporties for the past decade. Have all decent gear and trolling gear. I can cut bait, chum, and scrub down a boat. Mainly fished sporties so can't drive and am a below average gaff shot. Got a great attitude, always looking to learn more and am willing to do whatever is needed.
Obviously have cash for gas/bait/expenses, I get that boat ownership is expensive and am grateful to ride a PB versus a sportie.

Thanks for the consideration

Last edited:

Lipripper13

Jun 10, 2014
Whittier
Name
Nick
Boat
Peps
Name: Nick H.
AVAILABILITY: Weekdays preferably, few weekends.
CONTACTInfo: [email protected]: 562-204-8479
Smoke/Drink?: Smoke what?/ Drink... of course(If drinking is not allowed not a problem, but I do BMYOB if neccesary)
References: New to the boat Ho Forum, but have only fished private for the last 10 years. Since my dad and I have owned our own boat. Also fish on the JAD out of Pedro. RyanD on BD can vouch for me also.

Wiling to pitch in for bait/ gas... Will stick around to clean boat. or whatever else may be needed. Usually not in need of boat hos when taking our boat out, but if you are willing to take me along when I am not taking my own out I would be more than happy to return the favor! Have my own gear and trolling rods and rigs.

T-Tang

Far from newbie, but lifetime learner
Jul 27, 2006
Dana Point
Name
Tyson
Boat
21' Bayliner Trophy
Name: Tyson
Availability: Fluctuates between Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays with occasional Wednesdays
Contact info: PM me, call (310) 592-2086
Smoke/drink: Don't smoke/drink if permissible
Experience: Been fishing the ocean since the mid-late '80's, have my own gear
References: Mattanza, Captamb1, Tailman

Last edited:

TrapHook22

Avid Slayer
Jun 9, 2008
Costa Mesa, Ca
Name
Branden
Boat
"Fathom This"
Name: Branden
Availability: WEEKDAYS, Weekends. 2 days notice is ideal for SD, but if you're close to me, a few hours can work.
Contact Info: 714-797-7769
Smoke/Drink? Smoke occasionally, not required / I'll drink depending on the group. If the bites hot like it's been, it's not worth getting sloppy. Guys who can't hold their booze on a boat can be a disaster. But I enjoy a good cold drink.
References: Smelt4Bait, Jason Gallo, Los Anglers, Curry

Useful Notes:
I travel light and effective. 2-3 rods. AVET 2spd. DAIWA 2spd. GoPro. Shoulder tackle bag.
I'm s
elf reliant, quick, respectful, I don't get sea sick, and all for good vibes.

bigdust44

looking fo some tail.
Jul 22, 2014
San Diego, CA
Name
Dustin
Boat
let's take yours this time
Name: Dustin L
Availability: weekends, weekdays, just let me know I'll get the time off. Hoping to go tomorrow or this weekend, let me know.
Contact info: 760-554-six5seven6 or pm me, I'm on everyday(it may be a problem I should address)
Smoke/drink. I don't smoke, you can do as you please. I usually don't drink on a boat, but will share one with you if you'd like.
References: tunajuan, owner of the bait bandit. I know my role, I bring my own bait cutting and boat scrubbing tools, and know it is expected that I do it. I know how to drive and load and unload off of the trailer. I have my own gear, and don't mind sharing if someone needs something I have. I'm good at gaffing and filleting. Let me know what food and drinks you want and I'll bring it. I expect to pay my share of all costs, and if we go enough, I'll start to buy things for your boat just to show my appreciation. Very easy going, and level headed in high pressure situations, i like to have fun, and am happy just to be on the water with good people. Let's go get some fish, thanks in advance for giving me a shot.

sjohjr

Sep 20, 2008
Arcadia
Name
Steve
Boat
I wish.
Name: Steve Joh (39)
Availability: usually weekdays but once in a blue moon I can fish on a Saturday. I just need a day or two notice either way.
Smoke/Drink: I smoke but don't need to if that's your preference. Might have a beer if I'm offered one but usually stick to water and soda.
Contact info: cell #714-724-7727
References: Thomas Aranda, Evan Salvay, Benny Florentino, Scott Chan
Useful notes: I'm an experience fisherman, I love to fish I have all my own gear and I'm always ready to split the cost of bait and fuel. I will always help with cleaning the boat at the end of the day. I'm an easy going guy who likes to have fun on the water. I'm punctual and reliable.

1Prince

Sep 25, 2015
Culver City
Name
Prince
Boat
Don't have one
Name : Prince
Availability : Mostly all weekends
Contact info : PM me, 310-438-0753 call anytime
Smoke/Drink : I don't but don't mind if you do

Always on time, have no problem with cost sharing and cleaning.

Thank you

Billy L

USCG licensed Captain
Jul 4, 2009
San Diego and AK
Name
Billy
Boat
25’, 22’, 15’ Whalers
Name: Bill
Availability: anytime.
Contact Info: pm, call or text 6195205696
Smoke/Drink?: neither
References: many on BD

I'm very experience and has all my gears. Sold my 26' Striper couple of years ago.
I can drive a boat and familiar with electronics. Can clean fish with my Bubba Blade also.