TheRodFather

Sep 15, 2020
San Diego, CA
Name
Joey John
Boat
22’ Key West, Center Counsel & Defiance Admiral, pilot house
Hey,

Not sure where to post this or if there is a better place. I have access to some fishing boats, but I am green to fishing. I am wondering if anyone would be willing to teach me a few things in exchange for some trips on the boat? I have access to a 22’ or 24’ Key West (center counsel) and a Defiance Admiral series (pilot house).

Thanks!

Reactions: Shewillbemine
Upvote 0

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
Sounds good where are these boats located? What days are you looking to go out?
How well are the boats maintained?

Reactions: SD2600
Upvote 0

TheRodFather

Sep 15, 2020
San Diego, CA
Name
Joey John
Boat
22’ Key West, Center Counsel & Defiance Admiral, pilot house
I am located in San Diego. I have boats at Dana Landing, but most of them are at a marina on Harbor Island (near the airport). I am in a boat club and the boats are well maintained. They have a full time maintenance team that keeps the fleet ready to go. Due to the extremely high use, the boats are sold every 2-3 years. This year alone we have received 8 or 9 brand new Key West and 1 brand new Defiance. They have bait tanks, decent amount of rod holders, and all of them are equipped with Simrad for navigation/sonar. We also have a few “older” boats, by that I mean 4 or 5 years old. The boats are Cobia, Parker, and dual counsel Key West. We have a 50 mile offshore limit, so the Mexican Islands are easily in range here. The other cool thing is I have access to boats all over the country. There are boats in Huntington Beach/LA area, Ventura (near Channel Islands), and up in San Francisco.

Reactions: Shewillbemine
Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    DM me if you want a great guy to go out with in SD AND who is also in the same boat club. He loves to fish, loves to teach fishing, and is available at a moment's notice because he is a business owner.

Hint: it's not me. LOL

Upvote 0

colgatecarter

Oct 15, 2020
    Orange, CA
    Name
    Michael
    Boat
    None
    I am new to Offshore fishing and not sure where to post this. I have only done party boats locally to Catalina Island and I am tired of the people on the boats tangling my lines and just not really paying attention. Trying to see where I can find people going on 1 day trips where i can tag along and learn. Willing to pay gas, food, beers etc.

My name is Michael. I'm 33 and Marine Corps Veteran and recently medically seperated from 7 years of being a Police Officer

Upvote 0

sickcat

Silverback
    Aug 5, 2003
    LA
    Name
    Kerry
    Boat
    Yellow spot
    I am new to Offshore fishing and not sure where to post this. I have only done party boats locally to Catalina Island and I am tired of the people on the boats tangling my lines and just not really paying attention. Trying to see where I can find people going on 1 day trips where i can tag along and learn. Willing to pay gas, food, beers etc.

My name is Michael. I'm 33 and Marine Corps Veteran and recently medically seperated from 7 years of being a Police Officer

First a heartfelt thank you for your service.

I'm knee deep in a major overhaul but when the boat is ready your welcome on my rig. I'm in Long Beach/LA.

Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
    May 11, 2007
    You're mined!
    www.csicop.org
    Name
    Alan
    Boat
    1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper

Thank you for defending our nation. I am glad you want to get out and fish.

Place your information on the the Boat Ho List thread.

People are always looking there for capable crewmembers.

Reactions: colgatecarter
    Upvote 0