slab tech 1

Works overrated- lets go fishing
Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Have you changed all the fuel filters, injectors, etc...are they running fine but not hitting the RPMs they should? I would imagine a boat that large would be propped to hit max RPMs at WOT considering you run heavy loads. Engine height will only affect a couple hundred RPMs if they are slammed all the way down. Growth on the bottom could effect greatly. But I would start with the simple things first like fuel filters, check for water in them, injectors could be clogged but it would run rough at idle. If it’s over propped then you would be lugging but if the props weren’t changed then I’m thinking fuel or growth.

Reactions: Dave's Delta

JTC

Too Sirius
Aug 13, 2012
Redmond Wa
Name
Jeff
Boat
24' North River O/S. SIRIUS FISHIN
I’m on my fifth year of being moored. I soak her for two to three months at a time and the only barnacles I get are on my transducer and other unpainted areas.
I have @Omakasee bottom paint
I do get a little green slime growth

So it seems the consensus is:
Thigh gap has a dirty bottom!

Chtucker

Lowe boat denter
Feb 15, 2012
Sunshine State, AKA NOT.. Kirkland, WA
Name
Howard
Boat
Double Trouble 28' Armstrong
I’m on my fifth year of being moored. I soak her for two to three months at a time and the only barnacles I get are on my transducer and other unpainted areas.
I have @Omakasee bottom paint
I do get a little green slime growth

So it seems the consensus is:
Thigh gap has a dirty bottom!
What paint did Bob use on your boat? Is it aluminum?

JTC

Too Sirius
Aug 13, 2012
Redmond Wa
Name
Jeff
Boat
I don’t recall which paint he used but I’m sure he does.
I just trusted Bob
yes mine is aluminum

TonyG

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
I don’t recall which paint he used but I’m sure he does.
I just trusted Bob
yes mine is aluminum
Step by step process in this thread. He did the same to mine as Jeff's

Chtucker

Lowe boat denter
Feb 15, 2012
Name
Howard
Boat
Step by step process in this thread. He did the same to mine as Jeff's

I know the process as my boat went through it... However, Bob tried Flexdel Armor on my boat. Is has proven to be less than desirable. I have tried E-Paint and now Flexdel Armor. I am considering Petit Vivid or Hydrocoat next...

My Flexdel Armor didn't keep the growth off from day 1.

TonyG

Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
I know the process as my boat went through it... However, Bob tried Flexdel Armor on my boat. Is has proven to be less than desirable. I have tried E-Paint and now Flexdel Armor. I am considering Petit Vivid or Hydrocoat next...

My Flexdel Armor didn't keep the growth off from day 1.
Got it. Just saying, Jeff's boat was done just prior to mine and I 100% copied what he had done to his boat. So the thread I posted is also a description of what's on his boat.

JTC

Too Sirius
Aug 13, 2012
Redmond Wa
Name
Jeff
Boat
Got it. Just saying, Jeff's boat was done just prior to mine and I 100% copied what he had done to his boat. So the thread I posted is also a description of what's on his boat.
I believe he used the petit vivid if I remember correctly

Reactions: goatram and TonyG

TonyG

Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
I believe he used the petit vivid if I remember correctly
ah - I see that was not in the thread. I thought those details were in the thread. I looked at my receipt, it was flexdel armor black. mine is a trailer queen most all the time which may have influenced the choice. I do not recall.

Chtucker

Lowe boat denter
Feb 15, 2012
Name
Howard
Boat
ah - I see that was not in the thread. I thought those details were in the thread. I looked at my receipt, it was flexdel armor black. mine is a trailer queen most all the time which may have influenced the choice. I do not recall.
The Flexdel physically seems to be awesome. It just doesn't do well inhibiting growth on a boat that sits in the water 12 months a year. Armstrong used E-Paint and I would guess that ACI does as well. I found it to be crap as well.

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA

slab tech 1

Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Matching props. Counter rotating. No dings.

I’m confident that nothing was done to the good motor when the blown one was replaced. The DF350 should spin 5,800-6,300 (at least 5,800).

Based on chats with another boat that had substantial growth in 2 weeks at WP, including lots of barnacles) I’m going with having a garden on the bottom. I took a fairly stiff brush to the hill sides and barely phased that growth. I could feel the hard part of the brush hitting barnacles on the bottom. She definitely needs scraped. If that doesn’t make a noticeable improvement, then we can go to motor options.

Lots of good info here. Thank you. Hopefully we can find a diver fairly easily.

View attachment 1179338
I got a scuba gear setup you can use. But it’s a wetsuit, size large and the crotch area has been modified for extra large, so your dick might get cold if you aren’t blessed😂.

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
I haven’t dove in nearly two decades. Sounds like it might be fairly physically laborious. That makes me break out. Hahaha.

slab tech 1

Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
I haven’t dove in nearly two decades. Sounds like it might be fairly physically laborious. That makes me break out. Hahaha.
Yes I would imagine it would not be too fun. I wonder if a pressure washer would work under water? I may be down in Westport next week and if I am, maybe I will throw my gear in and go down and see what it looks like under there.

Reactions: wdlfbio

Chtucker

Lowe boat denter
Feb 15, 2012
Name
Howard
Boat
Too bad Westport doesn't have a haulout.. Its usually easier to haul, hang and pressure wash. The do make underwater pressure wash tools, but they are super expensive. I pay about $120 for a diver on my boat. More if I let the growth get bad.

jbuck

Sep 5, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Name
josh
Boat
29' Dyer Hardtop, 210 Ventura
I have used a regular pressure underwater. They work the same as above water. The fittings might not like the salt, but we just needed it to dig a hole in the sand under a sunken boat.

slab tech 1

Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
I have used a regular pressure underwater. They work the same as above water. The fittings might not like the salt, but we just needed it to dig a hole in the sand under a sunken boat.
I use my pressure washer under water in my koi pond for cleaning algae off the side and bottom and it works for that. And that stuff clings on pretty good to the liner, but not sure how well it would work on barnacles and whatnot. Probably use a scraper if that didn’t work.

jbuck

Sep 5, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Name
josh
Boat
29' Dyer Hardtop, 210 Ventura
Only thing that might be tough is fighing the jet the whole time. When changing larger props I like to work in shallow water, like by a ramp where I can stand on the ground and not have to kick so much or use float bags.

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Norm was hoping to have a diver under her yesterday. Didn’t happen. Maybe tomorrow???

slab tech 1

Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Norm was hoping to have a diver under her yesterday. Didn’t happen. Maybe tomorrow???
It’s an aluminum cat. Run that fucker up on the beach! That’s dry haul out there. Then clean and wait for tide to come in. Done😁. Or...find a nice sand bar and hit it! Just make sure your outdrives are up! Sand blasted

Reactions: kenzmad and wdlfbio

Baby J

Jul 28, 2017
Puyallup
Name
Jeremy
Boat
23' Walkaround
If you do use a pressure washer under there make sure to bring a handle with suction cups attached. Otherwise it’s really hard to do. I used to do my own boat back in the day. It was a every month deal with a slip in brackish water. I found that a scraper and scrubby’s worked the best of you stayed on top of it.