Azarkon

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 28, 2015
California
Name
Joe
Boat
N/A
Last time I posted a long report about a heart break loss at Catalina island at the end of the day. You can read it here: https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/catalina-7-29-report-yellowtail-point-to-west-end.695304/ Didn't get to go out much in the last month, but this time I took sweet revenge.

I'll keep it short, since the details are basically the same as that last post, except for the ending.

Total count:

2 Yellowtail 10-15 pounds
9 Bonito, biggest probably 5 pounds

Bait was 4 to 6 inch sardines, nice and green. Water temperature on front side started 71 in the morning, went up to 75 around noon.

All in all, it wasn't wide open by any stretch of the imagination, and indeed I see the best party boats over the weekend only scored about a dozen yellow, but action was pretty consistent on the bonito all day and while the yellowtail are still basically right time, right place Catalina fishing, you never catch them unless you go.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Don't get mad, get even, nice job on the Bones and Yellows!

Reactions: Azarkon
Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Stylin' the big island! Glad you got some pescadore pay back. :D

Reactions: Azarkon
    Upvote 0

Hollis Harris

Almost A Member
    Jul 6, 2017
    Riverside, ca
    Name
    Randy
    Boat
    Sea hunt
    Nice effort, we went to the west end on Saturday he 8th in the fog. Full speed Calicos from the tiparoind to ribbon rock, then the bones took over with a yellow that shook of at the boat water topped at 73.3 on the backside where we fished. Smooth ride over a bitch late in the afternoon

Upvote 0