baja_driver

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 14, 2004
chulajuana
Name
Rob
Boat
imaginary
My wife has wanted to get out and do some damage for a long time!! Now that she has retired (28yrs active duty:Army Medic/ CMDR USN).

I was able to get her a hunt in florida proper(we are in the keys) . We arrived a few hours early for our stay, weather was great, could not ask for better. So we met up with our guide to go over our hunt for the next day...at this point he tells us, No ones is out there so we could actually hunt now if you want. We took a quick minute and said sure!! changed clothes and got our gear ready. From here we headed over to the swamp buggy (that was cool) and picked up the dogs. before we loaded up, we attempted to site in her rifle ....humidity issue fogged her optics, so it was going to the back up (rem 700 VTR, .223). got her comfortable with the glass (set up to me) fired a few rounds and good to go

Only took about 1/2 for the dogs to find some late afternoon hogs roaming.. the guide was awesome and got her into position. Took her two shots to close the deal and get that big ass smile of her's going!! She was ready for round two right after Pics(see below)...I think I might have unleashed a new BD member!!!

Val shot.png
Val Hog.jpg

CartridgeCalls

100% Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Great job. Memories that will last a lifetime.

Reactions: baja_driver

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
That’s awesome!

abdiver7777

abdiver7777
Jul 2, 2009
So Cal
Name
Sir2you
Boat
No Name........
Congrats!

I never thought of using a 223 to hunt pigs...

What round are you using if you don't mind me asking?

baja_driver

Aug 14, 2004
chulajuana
Name
Rob
Boat
imaginary

baja_driver

Aug 14, 2004
chulajuana
Name
Rob
Boat
imaginary
Congrats!

I never thought of using a 223 to hunt pigs...

What round are you using if you don't mind me asking?
using a 62gn. the guide recommends file the copper just a bit on the tip to show lead. or us the M855. shattered the shoulder with the 62gn.!!