Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Ok, ok, I know this has been discussed many times here, but using the search function I couldn’t find squat! I’m posting this in hopes it may become a sticky as I think it could be useful.

As a private boater, I would like to dock the boat after a day of cruising, fishing, or just doing a fun date night. I know there’s restaurants and bars on the water with boat docks, but I only know of a couple, and those are in Long Beach. Let’s get a list of places you all may know of from San Diego and north.

I normally stick to SoCal, but I would like to venture to different waters sometime and possibly experience the local chuck.

I’ll go first:

Long Beach Harbor, Shoreline village.
three hour transient dock and multiple restaurants and bars.

Upvote 0

watersdeep

I CATCH IT. I KILL IT. I CLEAN IT. I DON'T DELIVER
  • Jan 19, 2016
    LB
    Name
    Jed Venture
    Boat
    the twisted ducker
    CHOWDER BARGE LA HARBOR

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Barefoot bar.Paradise point Mission Bay.

bent rodz
    bent rodz
    @Arima-bob barefoot bar is a cool spot as suggested. You can pull the boat right up and tie off free of charge. Great for the fam and kids. They have a really cool tide pool there full of yellowtail, halibut, bass, rays, bait, etc.. kids will really enjoy this spot.
    Upvote 0

miaf

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 14, 2013
    Name
    Boat
    There’s a guest dock in Dana Point harbor where you can access all the restaurants adjacent to the dock; Watermans, Jon’s Fish market, Turks, wind n Sea, etc…

Reactions: Noah & Scoot
    Upvote 0

downtime

Sep 12, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Ronson
    Boat
    26 Skipjack "Reel Hard"
    Outside of Jimmy’s there is a guest dock…Jimmy’s, Mitches, Pizza Nova And even Point Loma Seafood. From Jimmy’s you can see your boat..all others are a short walk.

Upvote 0

Reel 007

Jun 12, 2006
    Glendora Ca
    Name
    Leon
    Boat
    28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
    • Wow
    Reactions: watersdeep
    Upvote 0

Fearlessfiasco

Loco Leftist...
    Jun 5, 2012
    La Mesa
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Sea Pro 170DC
    The Coronado Ferry Landing has public docking for dock and dine. It's the pier behind Peohe's that is SE of where the ferry actually picksup/discharges. Four dual slips, not very protected, you'll want to go heavy on the bumper usage when the bay is bouncy. Lots of restaurants there in the landing area.

Upvote 0

Fearlessfiasco

Loco Leftist...
    Jun 5, 2012
    La Mesa
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Sea Pro 170DC

This might be a little out of date.

I don't think the Portside Pier has a dock yet.

Some of these places do charge to use the dock as well. I used the dock at Seaforth rentals in Coronado to eat at Bluewater Boat House at $1 a foot and something like a 2 hour time limit.

Used the space at Pier 32 Marina to eat at their restaurant. It was a free side tie.

I've also tied up at Mitch's in a not so legit spot that would basically be available only during high tide if my skiff wasn't tiny. Basically right behind where American Angler docks if I recall correctly.

Upvote 0

bob311

• Dec 7, 2018
    huntington beach
    Name
    bob
    Boat
    23' sanger alleycat
    Pelican Isle, Huntington Beach. It is located in peters landing which also has a few other restaurant spots and a brewery right next door.

Upvote 0

tunakillerjoe1

• Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    Joe's crab shack in San Diego bay, I believe Coasterra has some access, but not 100% sure. I do not think Tom Hamm's lighthouse has any access, but maybe on the inside of the bay.

Upvote 0