Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2017
La Mirada/Whittier
Name
Logan
Boat
Wanting a bigger boat
I went out on a 3/4 day boat for bottom fish just to mix it up and give myself a little relaxer trip because I’ve been going none stop 2 times a week long trips for the last 4 or so months.. so we go out and we start dropping, I lost not one of my favorite slow pitch jigs but all 3 of them... I hooked my best one on the anchor rope but got it back, then proceeded to hook a gillnet I think it was and lost it there. This object was so large 12 people all spread out on the boat hooked and got stuck in it. I also lost my other jig to a cut off in the rock, and I lost my third jig when a deckhand cut it... Rest In Peace my friends, you caught many big fish...
92A8BF50-C3D6-4C37-B840-240BE6D9D03D.jpeg
old pic of my 2 favorite ones rigged for tuna on the tannera few months back

Upvote 0

TOTW

Time On The Water
Dec 23, 2005
San Diego
Name
Chris L
Boat
Leo's
Always tough to lose the ones that are getting bit. Luckily, they still make these!

Upvote 0

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
Dec 12, 2003
So Cal
Name
Clay
Boat
n/a
I went out on a 3/4 day boat for bottom fish just to mix it up and give myself a little relaxer trip because I’ve been going none stop 2 times a week long trips for the last 4 or so months.. so we go out and we start dropping, I lost not one of my favorite slow pitch jigs but all 3 of them... I hooked my best one on the anchor rope but got it back, then proceeded to hook a gillnet I think it was and lost it there. This object was so large 12 people all spread out on the boat hooked and got stuck in it. I also lost my other jig to a cut off in the rock, and I lost my third jig when a deckhand cut it... Rest In Peace my friends, you caught many big fish...View attachment 1233931old pic of my 2 favorite ones rigged for tuna on the tannera few months back
We got into a net out at 'Nic once. Dumped a round of gear on that one. Frustrating, because you can feel it come up a few feet... then it stops.

Reactions: Tugboat64
Upvote 0

rdrrm8e

Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
Losing jigs like that on a multi day trip is kinda like running out of cocaine....except there ain't no dealers out there.

"Hey buddy......can I borrow a Jax...? Yeah....just a small one, I swear" (while scratching your forearm....)

Reactions: jiggermyster
Upvote 0

Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2017
La Mirada/Whittier
Name
Logan
Boat
Wanting a bigger boat
Losing jigs like that on a multi day trip is kinda like running out of cocaine....except there ain't no dealers out there.

"Hey buddy......can I borrow a Jax...? Yeah....just a small one, I swear" (while scratching your forearm....)
Lol that’s an excellent way to put it 😂😂

Reactions: jiggermyster
Upvote 0