response by hunter to death threat

Discussion in 'Hunting Discussion' started by stairman, Feb 12, 2018.

1. stairman

stairman ......

Name:
    doug
    Boat:
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    Bet responce to a non hunter that threatened to kill this guy

So tolerate and loving huh? When do you suppose the last time was a hunter threatened the life of a non-hunter. Never. Know why? Because hunters have respect for life. And, because hunting takes skill, dedication and hard work and teaches one how to deal with failure as most days afield end with nothing more than a pure experience and appreciation for the beauty of the wild, hunters are repeatedly humbled. Being humble is good. To be clear success, i.e., a dead animal is rare for most, so a hunter spend most days learning and becoming more well-rounded. For those that don’t know, for a hunter the kill is not the true reward, it’s the pursuit and the journey. If blessed with success, the animal is cherished because it means meat in the freezer. Thusly, hunting also teaches honor. While conversely, making on-line death threats is cowardly. Either way, for me messages like this are telling. With no honor, hard-earned success or out-of-your-comfort-zone living, one can get spoiled and soft. When someone like this sees something they don’t understand, like or agree with they throw a tantrum and say things like, “I’ll kill you…” Makes me even more #proudtobeahunter PS, don’t worry I’m not “down” from receiving messages like this. Not in the least. I post it to educate and hold people accountable that break the law by making on-line death threats.

Will online harassment of hunters ever go away? No. But should people be held accountable when making life threatening remarks like this? I would sure hope so.

Until then, take the high road, educate the uninformed, and offer to take an open minded anti-hunter out hunting. I am sure they will have a new appreciation and show a little more understanding and respect to our side once they witness the outdoors and fruits of a hunt in person.

Kudos Cam Hanes, keep hammering.

2. Clearwater Outfitters

Clearwater Outfitters Newbie

Name:
    Clearwater Alaska Outfitters
    Boat:
    Clearwater Alaska Outfitters
    Thanks for the information.