3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
18' Crestliner Superhawk, 14' Tracker "Fish Git' RRR"
Hey guys,

I got hosed on Ebay auction (yeah I know,,, I told you so) and looking for the easiest way to resolve the problem.

eBay Motors: 99 03 Acura, 98 02 Honda Accord trailer hitch (item 290207850533 end time Feb-26-08 15:10:47 PST)

The seller listed it as a "NEW" hitch, with an image from etrailer.com and description copy-n-pasted off amazon, pretty generic. But, he only shipped the welded hitch assembly, leaving out all the nuts, bolts, washers, metal spacers, hitch bar, pin, clip and instructions that come with the "NEW" hitch.

The seller position is: he didn't specifically say these items were included so he's off the hook. My position is: a "new" hitch comes with all these parts and even though he didn't specifically say they were included, it's obvious they do since they are contained in a "new" hitch from the manufacturer, misleading auction. Plus, he didn't state the only thing in the auction was the welded assembly or all miscellaneous parts missing.

Anyone had luck resolving a problem like this through Ebay or PayPal? It seems like a PITA and nothing more than what I have tried already,,, asking the seller to send me the missing parts or send me a full refund, $50 for hitch, $30 shipping and arrange for return shipping. Sound realistic on my part?

It's only $80, but I feel like I got screwed, and want this dude to own up to his mistake,,, without me paying for his mistake.

Richard Cranium

Bleached Starfish...
Oct 14, 2004
H.B.
Name
Pace , ペース様
Boat
Ez Go golf cart
Report the fucker! It does state new. I went to Hidden Hitch's site and it says it comes with mounting hardware. Here it the link

Hidden Hitch Class I Trailer Hitch

Ballmounts
Balls
Bike Racks
Cargo Carriers
Covers
Electrical
Hitch Covers
Locks
Mirrors
Off-Road 4 X 4
Outdoors
Tools
Tow Bars
Trailer Parts
Transmission Coolers
Vehicle Accessories
Winches
Bargain Bin
Manufacturers
Todays Specials
Price: 89.95
Add to cart
Trailer hitch is dipped in a black rust resistant coating
Custom designed for each vehicle type and model year for simple installation and better fit
Low profile design to compliment the rear contours and aerodynamic styling of today's vehicles
Trailer hitch includes mounting hardware and easy to read installation instructions (see Typical Installation Instructions in the "detailed info" link) Simple bolt-on installation, no welding required
1-1/4" square receiver opening
Removable drawbars and ballmounts eliminate banged or bruised shins and enhance the appearance when not in use
Drawbar, pin and clip are included
All Hidden Hitch trailer hitches and exceed V5, VS, CSA, and SAE J684-98 standards are inspected for quality workmanship
Trailer Hitch is rated for 2,000 lbs GTW, 200 lbs. tongue weight
All Hidden Hitch trailer hitches have a limited lifetime warranty

vinsp

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 6, 2007
Lake Jackson, Texas
Name
Scott
Boat
29' Island Boats, Aluminum Catamaran, Cheers
hound him to hell 80 ro 8000000 its all the same

Calico

Mellowed Like A Fine Wine
May 13, 2005
Mother Earth
Name
Ron
Boat
Yep
If you paid through paypal they will freeze the assets and help you resolve the issue. If they find him at fault your money is credited back to you.. E bay should also help with the fraud this guy pulled off. They take these accusations very serious.

Kurt

Mistadobalina
Jul 9, 2003
Clairemont
Visit site
Name
Kurt
Boat
%%%%%
Look into "square deal" in the Ebay environment as it's the resolution process.

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
Oct 15, 2006
San Diego
Name
Leoman
Boat
Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
The photo he show's is an assembled hitch - if there was NO hardware with this item, then the photo should have showed a dis-assembled hitch...it's misleading and fits "Item Not as Described"; ebay & PayPal, IMO kinda suck on resolving problems...but that may be the only way to go...if they decide in your favor, you end up with the shipping cost sending item back to the scam seller

mercerm

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 6, 2004
Newport Beach
Name
Mike
Boat
29 Ocean Yachts
Go buy some of his 99 cent items, and fuck over his feedback rating or let him know you will if this situation is not resolved.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
well expect the worse when you buy from ebay.....

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
I can save you alot of time.

1. find concrete wall

2. Grasp your hair firmly on the back of your head

3. Bang head repeatedly on concrete wall until unconscious.

I used to use Ebay alot, but not any more, cause I guess its wrong to expect to get what the seller advertises they are selling when you buy it.

N J Mello

Lead Dog
Feb 6, 2007
Hemet, CA
Name
Neal J. Mello
Boat
21' Sea Ray 'MelloW DayZ"
E-bay will try to work out the problem, but they remain neutral throughout the procedure, unless it is an obvious rip-off. Use Paypal's dispute center first - that will freeze the funds and then use E-bay to work out the problem. Although both E-bay and Paypal have the same ownership - they operate independently, each with their rules for handling disputes.

Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
Thanks for the once-over guys. Either the guy knows he screwed up and is back pedaling or he's a scammer. I'm filing a dispute through Ebay and hope for the best. I was thinking of calling up my credit card company and disputing it that way (quick, easy and I know it works, had to do it in the past) but it might get me bad feedback, why ruin a 100% perfect score with a shitty vindictive seller.

you end up with the shipping cost sending item back to the scam seller
That's what pisses me off, I'm going to pay $18 to ship this dude his part back, when it was totally his fault. Actually, it might cast upwards to $20 to ship, I'm still calculating how many pounds of dog :shithappens: will be needed to securely pack his part for return shipping :nutkick:

Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
Good call Neal,

I'll do both at the same time.

vilters

chucker
Jan 28, 2004
Visit site
Name
steve
Boat
yes
i recently had not recieved something paid through paypal. used their dispute process and was refunded in a timely fashion. not exactly the same, but if you used paypal, i'd try that. good luck.

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
Oct 15, 2006
San Diego
Name
Leoman
Boat
Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
Frankly, PayPal sucks at disputes, at least it did with one I recently had with a seller...took PayPal over a month to get things going after I filed a dispute; I had slam dunk evidence that the seller was scamming me and told PayPal so, but for a month PayPal posted my dispute with "under investigation"...my bet is they are swamped with all kinds of fraud, misleading or problem auctions, unhappy buyers etc....and I jumped the gun on my previous post and didn't catch the part about the hitch being "welded"...but the lack of hardware is an obvious omission of information by the seller, and he's been neg'd for it before...IMO, I would stop payment through your credit card...and forget about the perfect score, one ding won't stop any seller from taking your money...good luck

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
May 21, 2006
Frazier Park
Name
Mikee
Boat
12' Klamath Aluminium, 14' Valco
I had a dispute once with a seller that was sending a book I wanted in hand but he emailed me a PDF File. I screamed Bloody murder and threatened to report him to th book publisher for sending and sellin copyrighted info.... I got back all but 6 bucks and have a book on PDF File....... I understand Ebay and Pay Pal do resolve issues but it takes time..... Bring the damn hitch to my house I will weld the thing on for ya!!!! It might cost ya a few bucks in gas.... better hurry price is goin up daily LMAO

fishwhenican

Mar 11, 2006
Eugene
Name
Mark
Boat
20' Koffler
EBAY doesn't do shit to resolve complaints. I bought a pair of binoculars from a retailer on EBAY. Ad stated that they came with full warranty. When I received them, I didn't get the warranty card. I requested a warranty card or that they take the binoculars back. They wanted a 15% restocking charge to take them back. EBAY said too bad, we are sorry. It took 4 months to resolve the credit card dipute. FUCK YOU HOT BUYS! AKA TAFFEE PHOTO. :2gunsfiring_v1::2gunsfiring_v1:

There I feel better now.