bubby16

Chilan-gringo....
  • Jul 26, 2007
    Murrieta
    Name
    Wayne
    Boat Name
    Working on it
    Any update on the new motor? Looks sweet!

View attachment 1011011 Went with the Suzuki df350. Still breaking it in so not sure what the fuel consumption differences are going to look like vs the 2 stroke but I’ll post fuel burn numbers after A couple more trips out so I can verify them. Between Maurer Marine and my local boat guy who fabricated a stainless support bracket system to insure the increased weight & torque (recommendation from Parker) wouldn’t be an issue the install went smoothly and couldn’t be happier with the decision. Also upgraded to oversized tabs to help with weight distribution.

Upvote 0

outdorfan

Almost A Member
    Jun 28, 2005
    Tustin
    Name
    Jim
    Boat Name
    Parker 2510 DV "Officina"
    Short update.

Love the power and the increased speed and fuel economy of the new motor but not 100% dialed in yet.

One hiccup that we are still trying to resolve with the dealer is the prop pitch. They suggested 22 pitch props originally which has not allowed us to get to the manufacturer’s WOT rpm recommendations.

Actually having 19.5 pitch props installed next week after some “negotiations” with the dealer. (Story for another day)

Anyway, I hope to have even better performance and fuel consumption numbers after the new props get installed and I get a chance to run them for a while.

Overall, the engine has performed beyond expectations vs the 2 stroke and the maneuverability of the dual prop is a bonus I really wasn’t expecting but am very impressed with.

Upvote 0

cammackattack

May 10, 2009
    capo beach
    Name
    cory cammack
    Boat Name
    25 whaler frontier
    FYI Maurer we had an issue with Maurer not wanting to adjust or reproduce one of our engines on our last boat after we bought it even tho they told us what it should run at rpm
    Once they get you out the door your basically on ur own
    West coast does a better customer service job

Upvote 0

outdorfan

Almost A Member
    Jun 28, 2005
    Tustin
    Name
    Jim
    Boat Name
    Have to agree about the customer service level. Felt very good about Maurer Marine during the sales process. Not so much after that. Anybody need two practicality brand new 22 pitch props for a Suzuki DF 350A cause I’m dealin??? They recommended the wrong props and wouldn’t swap them out once the issue was pointed out to them so had to pay for the right ones.

Love the new motor but the extra $1,500 I had to pay for the right props left a mark!!

Upvote 0

Twisted Tale

Mar 14, 2009
    La Habra
    Name
    CJ
    Boat Name
    25 ft Parker
    View attachment 1011011 Went with the Suzuki df350. Still breaking it in so not sure what the fuel consumption differences are going to look like vs the 2 stroke but I’ll post fuel burn numbers after A couple more trips out so I can verify them. Between Maurer Marine and my local boat guy who fabricated a stainless support bracket system to insure the increased weight & torque (recommendation from Parker) wouldn’t be an issue the install went smoothly and couldn’t be happier with the decision. Also upgraded to oversized tabs to help with weight distribution.

I own a 2520 DV with a notched transom and looking to repower but worried about added weight.
    Any problem with the added weight of new motor and the notched transom? Are you happy with that motor?

Upvote 0

outdorfan

Almost A Member
    Jun 28, 2005
    Tustin
    Name
    Jim
    Boat Name
    Overall we are very happy with the DF 350. We did end up reinforcing the transom with a custom built stainless cap that is ties in to the stringers, the deck and the two side boxes after talking to the Parker people. It turned out it was more about the increased torque that the extra weight. I’m out of town at the moment but will post a picture of the custom bracket when I get back in town for your reference.

Good luck with the new motor!!

Reactions: cioppino
    Upvote 0