Ugly Bayliner

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 18, 2008
Olympia, Wa USA
Name
Steve Ericsson
Boat
20' Ugly Bayliner
Finally!!! This has been like waiting for a momma elephant to give birth!! Good job man, here's to smooth sailing from here on out!:cheers:

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
Is that a leprechaun
On your deck

fishchasr

Jun 1, 2009
Bremerton, WA
Name
Greg
Boat
2052 Trophy "Reelaxation"
Hey fucker, I see what you did there! :_smack_:
Hey, a man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do! A little elfin magic goes a long way in fishing and in golf. Now I jut need to figure out how to post a video of her running.

J.C.

Run what ya Brung
May 20, 2012
Wa
Name
Justin
Boat
18' aluminum
Well, Murphy (not Jamie) showed up yesterday while I was working on the boat. Got all the fluids in, batteries connected, 20 gallons of fuel onboard, ready to turn the water on... oops, outdrive stuck in the full up position, trim pump appears to be dead. Pulled the rear lift cylinder shaft to manually lower the outdrive, got water on, turn the key and got a couple of sputters and coughs before the batteries quit. Decided to pull the trim pump, cleaned and works on the bench. Reinstalled the pump, dropped a screw and a nut into the bilge. Started fishing with duck tape on a stick because they're stainless and won't stick to a magnet. Finally retrieved the dropped parts, finished connections and restored hydrulics, still need to bleed the lines, two man job. Installed battery charger in engine compartment and let charge all night. It's a new day - hopefully Murphy has somewhere else to be today.
What was the fix for your out drive sticking? Solenoids, corroded connections or switches?

Great job on gettin her done in time for summer! Outside nonetheless.

fishchasr

Jun 1, 2009
Bremerton, WA
Name
Greg
Boat
2052 Trophy "Reelaxation"
Spent all day Saturday troubleshooting the trim/tilt system. Pump ran electrically in both directions on the bench. Pump would only raise the outdrive installed on the boat. Ended up disassembling the pump's hydraulic valves, spool, popits and springs, found a tiny bit of wood lodged inside the valve body the exact diameter of a golf tee. The same as the golf tees that were used to plug the hydraulic hoses on the used gimbal I installed.

Anyway, cleaned it out, re-assembled the valve body and pump assembly, bled the hydraulics today and installed the prop. Took her out for spin outside of Brownsville Marina. Ran like a fine tuned sewing machine. Guess I better buy my boat tags this year. :-)

P_20160508_192819.jpg

P_20160508_192828.jpg

P_20160508_192907.jpg

P_20160508_192854.jpg

Thank you everyone for the comments, likes and suggestions over these past 5 months. It was truely a learning experience, fun, and I saved a butt load of labor by doing it myself. I did support my local dealer, Aquatech Marine, by buying the long block and several parts through them. Thank you Troy and Shelly!

And special thanks to Ray Ramirez, Lauren Klee and my favorite leprechaun Todd Brown for the extra hands and eyeballs when I needed them. Time to go fishing!

Last edited:

Kingcg1990

May 19, 2014
Name
Chad
Boat
Kenner vision 1902
That's awesome! Gotta be rewarding to do a complete rebuild yourself and finally see it run on the water.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk