scfisher

Make it count !
Feb 19, 2007
los angeles
Name
jay
Boat
Not yet
Any recon on what's going out on out of Ventura . I'm planning to go on a overnight party boat. Wondering what they are seeing out there on the water and not just on the counts. Any info will. Regardless I'll be out there to have a good time

Upvote 0

Junglepeanut

Lost at Sea
May 13, 2014
Name
Roger
Boat
Parker 1800
What boat are you going out on? Most of the overnight boats up there are good captains but it seems like their counts have been so so lately. Yellowtail are still around but hit or miss. If it turns to rockfishing go for a quality ling or two

Upvote 0

lunas6

Almost A Member
Sep 21, 2011
northridge
Name
louie
Boat
mala suerte
Sardine has been an issue. Call the landing and check bait. If not you will make mackeral. Bring a sabiki for big mackeral and bring big j hooks to fly line that Mack. Probably 7/0. The yellows are there and bitting so that 7/0 will give you a chance. The seals are aweful. If you have red Hook up bait in 5/8 oz in case you try for a seabass. Gl

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
There are still pelagics around. The water turned over a couple of weeks ago and still is not quite right.

Upvote 0

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
I went Tuesday out of Oxnard, bait was sardines and mackerel. Water at the back of Santa Cruz was 70-72. we got a fair amount of yellows,a couple cbass and limits of calicos. Yellows aren't too big and only saw one fur bag all day. There's not much red crab around there so fin bait worked best with a few yellows on surface iron. Heard the yellows at Anacapa are bigger but fur bags are a problem.

Reactions: Alcapone805
Upvote 0