Kingfisher

Kingfisher
Oct 11, 2004
SD
Name
scott
Boat
Pursuit 3800
Left with my beautiful better half who likes boating but the seas get to her so today was very good, light winds and little swell for us to take a ride. Headed towards the 302, lots of very large kelp all over this area, we didn’t find any holding. about 4.5 miles shy of the high spot on a direct heading from PL , she sees birds and breaking fish. Got up in the tower and they were bluefin, put in some trollers, 2 nomads, a Mexican flag jet head and a cigar so I could throw the popper and stick bait at them while trolling. 45 mins of this and they disappear. Was very surprised to see them, not surprised they didn’t respond to any of the offerings. Kept heading past the 302, saw one guy hooked up and other than that nothing else. More patties than I’ve seen in years, all of them dry but someone will find one and hit the jackpot.

And now my request, pls post reports, good or bad. Collectively we spend a shitton of money chasing fish and dreams. Each report helps, there are so many fish in our backyard and your post may help someone realize a dream and will not keep you from catching yours should you go to the same location the following day.

good luck out there.

Jeff Hannah

HALIMOTO
Sep 9, 2016
Hb
Name
Jeff
Boat
Play the Red
I had the same experience on 6/4 only I found some biters eventually and went 3/6 on bigger yellows

9833E5CE-843C-48D8-A6B9-55E981BEB2E0.jpeg

Upvote 0

ahidog

10000 atta boys
  • Sep 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    105', Camcraft, 85', Ditmar, 65' Noreck
    Check out fishdope.com money well spent

Reactions: getusum

Jeff Hannah

HALIMOTO
    Sep 9, 2016
    Hb
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Play the Red
    I didn’t mention we saw random tuna jumping twice and we tried to go for them but they were gone fast near 302 and a baby marlin came clear out of the water 3 times to our port side otw back home about halfway from the 302 To Pt loma we stopped and tried to bait it but no love ... fish dope was pretty accurate lots of huge dry patties my buddy has the app and I saw the report the day before

Upvote 0