Wandering Blues

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat Name
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
Last couple of years I’ve been able to borrow a buddy’s 30W and Seeker rail rod to late night flat fall for some larger BFT models. This year, he’s going on a trip with me. Anyone know how much H&M charges for a set up in the 80-100# range? I emailed and haven’t heard back and I don’t want to tie up the guy at the counter on a phone call (yet..).

Torn between buying something on BD classifieds, hitting Longfin, or a rental. I only get back to Cali once a year now, specifically to get out and chase something for the freezer, so I’m a little reluctant to drop $$ on a set up (when it could go to fly gear..)

Thanks for any info.

Upvote 0

DennisV

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 4, 2017
Paloma, CA
Name
Dennis Vagt
Boat Name
Just a NuCanoe Frontier now.
2 years ago, renting an 80lb rig cost me $60 for a 1.5 day at Fishermen's Landing.

Ouch!

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 18, 2005
So Cal
Name
mark
Boat Name
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
If your coming in on the 40 to the 15 curtis you will pass by my place at the top of cajon pass in oak hills and your welcome to pick up an avet pro 30 and a seeker rod,if your flying or coming in a different direction im a bit out of the way though.

Upvote 0

writebrian

... and I'm 6'5"
Jan 16, 2007
Arizona
Name
Brian
Boat Name
Whoever is Hot that week
I second Angler’s Choice over renting from the landing. Only problem is if you return late at night you can’t get it back to them.

Upvote 0