So after a dozen fishing trips on my outboard conversion. The bracket was too low. So since my lower unit gears took a crap. I've decided to take this time to remove and raise it up. I went by manufacturers recommendations and it's just way too low. So after reading many posts on the hull truth about removing brackets using 5200. It was debond and lots work or just put heat to it and lift the rear and let the boats weight pull it. So I chained up the engine hoist to where the outboard mounts. Then I put my shop heater where it went down center of the V of bracket. After about 45 mins I hear it crackle and then pop. Came right apart. There are about 3 spots or so that peeled the gelcoat but for the most part it just seperated. Now time to patch, plug, gelcoat and remount it and be done. I'm raising it 3 inches. Not only was bracket too low, but motor was at highest mount and still low. So I can bring motor down if needed but I think I'll be where I need to be. I chose this over a jackplate cause the swimstep was at water level and dragging. Even on plane it still caught water.