stiffblade

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 21, 2007
Southern California
Name
Ricardo
Boat
None
Yes, I know the title is misleading with all your dirty minds.
The problem I had this last YFT trip was I used 25lb line on a Fathom 15 star drag reel. The line I put on it came from a 1/4lb spool and was about half used. How can I remove all the tight curls in my line (before) spooling on my reel? Has anyone respooled their line onto a wider plastic spool with success? Someone mentioned using that reel magic spray to reduce line memory.
Thanks!

Hismosa

Oct 15, 2016
Burbank, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
Boat hoe
While heading out to the grounds put a torpedo sinker on the end of your line and throw her in freespool. That will help straighten out your line. Wouldn't bother trying to do it before spooling

Reactions: Shewillbemine

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Yes, I know the title is misleading with all your dirty minds.
The problem I had this last YFT trip was I used 25lb line on a Fathom 15 star drag reel. The line I put on it came from a 1/4lb spool and was about half used. How can I remove all the tight curls in my line (before) spooling on my reel? Has anyone respooled their line onto a wider plastic spool with success? Someone mentioned using that reel magic spray to reduce line memory.
Thanks!
what I do , is just when you start to leave for another Spot ,
Is just let your line out in the Stern,
then wait a couple of minutes,
then reel it in slow,
then put it back on even.

pastdue

May 18, 2006
Mira Mesa
Name
Don Cale
Boat
18.5 Larsen cc Pastdue
what I do , is just when you start to leave for another Spot ,
Is just let your line out in the Stern,
then wait a couple of minutes,
then reel it in slow,
then put it back on even.
If you want to remove the curly cues leave the line on your reel I have my line tied to a rope that's on my lemon tree back off how much line you want to be straight give it a couple good tugs and your Curly's will be gone new memory

Reactions: Cubeye