ChuyDawg

Tight Lines
  • May 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Name
    Chuy
    Boat Name
    Wish I had One
    So after Ocean Odyssey canceled we jumped on the Poseidon, Hunter ended up canceling the trip because we only had 8 Anglers to sign up. We jumped on the Relentless with Captain Mike. We headed out at 9pm, loaded up with sardines and hit the road (waters) roughly at 10pm. Everyone was up and anxious to potentially night jigging for BFT. No schools presented themselves for us. We were up at 5am and fish boiling around the boat by 5:30am and it was steady until about 9am. 90 plus YT and we left our first stop. by 11 am we knew we would limit out on YT and have plenty of time to search for the other Pelagic species. We stopped at a few kelp to grab the remainder amount of our YT limits. We came across some Dorado but they were not schooled up and very ransom around us. 1 angler was able to hook a Dorado but lost it at the gaff. We ran into several other scools but no takers. We came across some Bonito and hook up on some 8 to 12 lb Bones. Ended up trolling in search for BFT and we did not come across any.
    Pretty good event and go to kill somr fish in the process. Overall I caught 13 YT and 5 Bonito. Kept 5 YT and 3Bonito.
    Here is the video of the trip.

GoPro recording of trip

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat Name
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    What size were the yellows?

Reactions: ChuyDawg
    Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat Name
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    "We only wish, to catch a fish, so juicy sweet!"
    -- Gollum (both of him)

Outstanding! Sounds like a fun trip!

Upvote 0

ChuyDawg

Tight Lines
  • May 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Name
    Chuy
    Boat Name
    Wish I had One
    Any possibilities u wanna share that bonito location? Asking for my cat...
    I was on a charter boat, but lucky for you I did drop pin our locations of big schools.

With current and migration, they may no longer be there, but that was the area

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    several
    Glad you ended up on a good boat. Relentless always has been a "fishy" boat.
    Glad you scored some nice Yellows and Bonito. Bluefin being Bluefin again lately I guess? LOL

Upvote 0