woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    I'm with you "cozenone".... how could you turn a boat around....during day1 of a 2.5 day...due to equipt failure.... and not explain to your customers.... how you would handle it upon return to the dock...a day and a half early?

I can't believe.... that NOT ONE PASSENGER brought this up in the Galley....or the Wheelhouse.... all the way home...even before disembarking in SD. That's just plain robbery.... or ignorance... or bad customer service skills....whatever their "excuse"...unacceptable. By that....I mean BOTH passengers and crew. NOT ONE??

If I were you..... I'd be all over it.... even before we got off the boat...Period. Begs the next question...what Boat? Skipper? Maybe before announcing that name.... call the office...and give them a chance to make it right. If they balk....refuse.... dont acknowledge it.... offer no REAL solution.... then they ask for "public response"... like this. You decide brother.

P.S. I also see.... this is your first "ever" post here on BD.....

Welcome.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 9, 2016
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    sunk it
    Really should have to rousted them before you left the landing at least if not on the boat.

Upvote 0

"all-in"

Oct 5, 2005
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    24, Angler, All-In
    I had an overnight trip that turned around after 1 hour of fishing. They wanted to give a credit. Everyone said FU, we want a refund. When we got back, a full refund was given to anyone that wanted one. That was a good thing since the boat went out of business the next season. Point is, it would have been best to immediately resolve it. If they don't I would file for a refund with your credit card company.

Issues can happen it's how they handled it that matters to me.

Upvote 0

Mycerveza

Jun 13, 2021
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Name
    Marvin
    Boat
    None
    The Captain said we would get a refund but didnt know how much. He was waiting on word from the owner of the boat. We did fish for few hours til the problems came up. I'll post the boat and the landing after I hear what's up with the refund.

Upvote 0

Steve Dee

Oct 5, 2015
    San Diego
    Name
    Steve D
    Boat
    Grady White 180 - "Running with Scissors"
    I went on a boat out of Long Beach that had engine trouble. We made it to Catalina, got some fishing in, anchored in 3 different spots and made it back to port. They gave us 100% refund.

Reactions: Cubeye and kbray001
    Upvote 0

Mycerveza

Jun 13, 2021
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Name
    Marvin
    Boat
    None
    I talked with landing today, I'm only gonna to get refunded 775.00 of the 1175.00 I paid for the failed trip on the Outrider. I'm disgusted with the outcome and how it was handled. Never again!!

Upvote 0

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
    El Lago Tijuana
    Name
    Art
    Boat
    Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
    Does that really matter? If I had booked that trip and traveled and booked rooms for the trip and it flops, I would settle for no less than a 100% refund
    Yes it matters. What you settle for or expect is your shit, not mine. It would, however, explain why you are not getting a full refund.

So without getting your panties in a knot, how much did you fish and did you catch anything?

M
    Mycerveza
    We did fish from about daybreak to noon or so. once the problems occurred. focus went from fishing to fixing the problem ( unsucessfully ). We headed back north, came across a marked kelp patty just before dark. We did fish that patty and pulled in some yellowtail. To be honest I was not a expecting a full refund. Maybe a charge for something along the lines of a 3/4 day or full day boat.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
    El Lago Tijuana
    Name
    Art
    Boat
    Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
    Yeah sounds about right. I would expect a partial refund or a full credit towards another trip. The logistics of a credit must be a nightmare. Luckily you made it back without any problems.
    tight lines.

Reactions: woodfish330
    Upvote 0

Blender02

Almost A Member
    Jun 5, 2004
    San Marcos, Ca
    Name
    Paul
    Boat
    N/A
    I had a trip about 15 years ago on the Pacific Dawn where we had to come in after one day on a two day trip. Pat explained it to everyone and I took a credit towards the trip. We were not given a complete refund and a complete refund wasn't expected as we fished one of the two days. Things happen....boats break...

.I was refunded for one of two days....more than fair.

Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    I agree with "aguachico"... fishing does matter. Although $400 is expensive for 3/4 day type fishing....I know for sure they went through.... and used same amount of fuel as a 1 day trip.

Food....? Did you get 3 meals on that partial trip? If so.... than $400 somewhat reasonable... in my opinion. Lick your wounds.... call it a day. If you still feel cheated.... your personal protest....dont book on the OUTRIDER anymore.

Upvote 0

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Nothing you can do about the boat breaking down as shit happens but i would expect a full refund or a comparable trip credit offered.

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    Very simple solution Just never book that boat again.... and let all your friends you know why..
    friends tell friends as time goes on... more and more people will know why.....

Reactions: ol' salt
    Upvote 0

Abusaade

Aug 22, 2010
    Compton, Ca
    Name
    Ahmad
    Boat
    none
    Tough call, but in all fairness, a combination of cash refund and credit for future trip.
    boat owner must considers people are taking the time off , travel time, parking fees and mostly the disappointment of the patrons.
    customer is a king, right?

Reactions: Cubeye and ol' salt
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    As many of us use a CC or Debit Card to book and pay for a trip, IF they cancel, or head back in...Most SD Landings offer a credit in their system for another trip/boat. Or amount less if any CC charge.

Same if YOU cancel a trip.
    Their refund policy is the Trip Amount less the CC charge. FYI
    If cash, they'll usually refund the full amount.

Upvote 0