Wandering Blues

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 19, 2008
The Land of Entrapment
Name
Curtis
Boat Name
A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
I have a trip coming up real soon and the boat has been pulled due to mechanical issues. They have cancelled the 2 trips just prior to mine. No need to mention the boat as it'll only result in the thread being locked.

The landing has said they think it'll be back online for our trip, but they've also told another passenger it could be docked for up to a month. They said when they have word, they'll call. My worry would be having less than 48 hours notice as I'm rolling from out of state. I'm not pissed or anything. These things happen.

My question is if anyone knows if a landing will refund before the trip is "officially" scrapped. There's very few options with open spots and the clock is ticking and I'd like to jump on another boat if they'll release.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Papa "J"

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • May 8, 2003
    OffShore
    Name
    Jason
    Boat Name
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    call them now with your concerns and see what their response is. See what they will work out for you since you are out of state.

Reactions: bman440440
    Upvote 0

saltwaterfish

May 13, 2010
    Los Alamitos, CA
    Name
    Jason
    Boat Name
    looking for new one
    I have a trip coming up real soon and the boat has been pulled due to mechanical issues. They have cancelled the 2 trips just prior to mine. No need to mention the boat as it'll only result in the thread being locked.

The landing has said they think it'll be back online for our trip, but they've also told another passenger it could be docked for up to a month. They said when they have word, they'll call. My worry would be having less than 48 hours notice as I'm rolling from out of state. I'm not pissed or anything. These things happen.

My question is if anyone knows if a landing will refund before the trip is "officially" scrapped. There's very few options with open spots and the clock is ticking and I'd like to jump on another boat if they'll release.

Thanks.

thats for you to call, not for people on a forum to tell you. you could have called the landing and got an answer faster than you could have posted on here. No matter what anyone says they have no say when said and done, call them and get it worked out.

Upvote 0

Wandering Blues

Oct 19, 2008
    The Land of Entrapment
    Name
    Curtis
    Boat Name
    A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
    thats for you to call, not for people on a forum to tell you. you could have called the landing and got an answer faster than you could have posted on here. No matter what anyone says they have no say when said and done, call them and get it worked out.

There's the rub. I asked, the guy on the phone said he didn't know and was busy at the moment and wanted me to call back later. Figured I'd check here in the interim. Gonna call again around noon.

Upvote 0

freegaff2

Aug 31, 2014
    Name
    Craig Simcox
    Boat Name
    none
    There's the rub. I asked, the guy on the phone said he didn't know and was busy at the moment and wanted me to call back later. Figured I'd check here in the interim. Gonna call again around noon.
    call and ask him them to transfer your deposit to your next choice of boat(as long as there are openings from that landing) so that you are now confirmed on the new trip...if the boat gets fixed in time, you can switch back on to it...but at least you will have a confirmed trip on the books...specify you are not asking for a refund, merely confirmation of space on a trip whose status is not questionable. Good luck, whichever boat you ride

Reactions: SouthBayKiller
    Upvote 0

WANADUNE

Sep 1, 2007
    Poway
    Name
    jeremy
    Boat Name
    19 ft Mako La Rana IV
    We called the landing and asked the same question, there response was" we will not refund the money until the trip is officially cancelled".

Upvote 0