Reel Spooler Recommendations??? (Bee's Knees Reel Spooler)

Nardo

Capt. Nick
Jun 7, 2010
Santa Barbara, California
Name
Nick
Boat
"EL TIBURON" - 25' Anderson
I'm looking for a reel spooler. Not a line winder machine,...$1,200+, no, no, not necessary. Simple a device to hold the spool and apply tension.

Did a little search and found a company in Aussie called Bee's Knees Reel Spooler. Anyone used one of these before?

http://www.beesknees-spooler.com/

Upvote 0

Slice-Of-Life

SoCal Hoo and Blue Club
Jun 18, 2012
San Jacinto
Name
Travis Magnano
Boat
Nope
Different options on ebay.

Screenshot_20160729-172553.png

Upvote 0

Day0ne

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 24, 2004
Texas
Name
David
Boat
233 Formula Shadowdancer
The Bees Knees works great. I used one to build a line winder machine, using some Sato parts and a 1/2" drill. I recommend them.

Reactions: Nardo
Upvote 0

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
May 19, 2006
Crowley Lake, CA
Name
Christopher
Boat
Gone but not forgotten
The problem isn't with applying tension to the spool of line, many different solutions to that issue. The problem is turning the turner and cranking the cracker. Especially for multiple large capacity reels.....takes a toll on the wrists.

Reactions: Andriy Proshchenko
Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
Brookings Oregon
Name
mike
Boat
19"Gregor
The problem isn't with applying tension to the spool of line, many different solutions to that issue. The problem is turning the turner and cranking the cracker. Especially for multiple large capacity reels.....takes a toll on the wrists.
The OP is a guide in the channel islands area,I'm thinking he needs to do multiple small reels where you don't have to crank the cracker too much to work up a full load LOL

Upvote 0

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
May 19, 2006
Crowley Lake, CA
Name
Christopher
Boat
Gone but not forgotten
The OP is a guide in the channel islands area,I'm thinking he needs to do multiple small reels where you don't have to crank the cracker too much to work up a full load LOL

Try filling two or three small spinners with 2# test.....still takes a toll.....maybe I need to work out more? lol

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
It does suck filling high capacity reels but can be done by hand. I do it on the boat and put the rod in the gunnel rod holder

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Nardo

Capt. Nick
Jun 7, 2010
Santa Barbara, California
Name
Nick
Boat
"EL TIBURON" - 25' Anderson

Good observation with an accurate hypothesis.

When I do need to fill the heavy gear I take it to Eric's Tackle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0