Reel seat clamps

hihater36

Mar 26, 2012
West Central FL
Name
dan
Boat
GW
This may seem like a stupid question but does anyone know where i could find rod clamp plates that have an attachment eye for a tether for an sx and a jx? My kids 6 and 9 snapper fish with us and both wanted their own rod and reels so instead of buying junk i got them each an Avet matched to a penn 5'8 jigging rod. Id like to be able to tether them to the boat just in case.

stank

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 16, 2005
Norco, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
None
Worst case you tie a piece of cord around the reel seat above the reel and tie the other end to a snap-hook.

stank

May 16, 2005
Norco, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
None
Tie it to the reel seat with a turk’s-head...

hihater36

Mar 26, 2012
West Central FL
Name
dan
Boat
GW
Thanks guys im gonna check with Tiburon and penn first see if they have our can make something. That grip and hook is interesting could be an alternative

J Woodman

I know nothing
Dec 8, 2006
Ventura
Name
Jeff
Boat
15' Gregor Baja Special "Silver Bullet II"
When assembling the reel and clamp slide a solid ring over one of the clamp screws. Then you can clip any rod leash onto the ring.

Edward Duran

Mar 10, 2018
Irvine
Name
Edward Duran
Boat
Hobie Kayak
I’m a machinist and was actually going to make two clamps for those same exact reels with a side hole for hooks or clips :D I do a lot of kayak fishing so I like my reels to have the extra clip and have made some for my saltist reels. How many clamps did you want and how soon?

Edward Duran

Mar 10, 2018
Irvine
Name
Edward Duran
Boat
Hobie Kayak
Here are some I made for my friend. Has a tuna engraved and his last name with a side slot on the side. Originally was just bare aluminum look but he spray painted them and ruined the look by the paint chipping away :mad: let me know if you’re interested and I can make a few soon. For my avets I plan on making them slimmer. Similar to how the stock ones are just with the D shaped slot.

B4A2ECF9-1B0E-4CD6-9BEE-61AA37576F09.jpeg 32FAC471-472F-4B3A-8B07-74B6F6413453.jpeg

Last edited:

hihater36

Mar 26, 2012
West Central FL
Name
dan
Boat
GW
Here are some I made for my friend. Has a tuna engraved and his last name with a side slot on the side. Originally was just bare aluminum look but he spray painted them and ruined the look by the paint chipping away :mad: let me know if you’re interested and I can make a few soon. For my avets I plan on making them slimmer. Similar to how the stock ones are just with the D shaped slot.

View attachment 984677 View attachment 984678
Man those look great yeah just bare aluminum silver would be perfect no rush on them I'm giving the reels and rods to them for Christmas but don't necessarily need the clamps until probably spring time and just one of each one for an SX and one for a JX

Edward Duran

Mar 10, 2018
Irvine
Name
Edward Duran
Boat
Hobie Kayak
Man those look great yeah just bare aluminum silver would be perfect no rush on them I'm giving the reels and rods to them for Christmas but don't necessarily need the clamps until probably spring time and just one of each one for an SX and one for a JX
Okay I’ll keep you updated on them. I’ll probably make a little extra see if anyone else would be interested :cheers:

Edward Duran

Mar 10, 2018
Irvine
Name
Edward Duran
Boat
Hobie Kayak
If you do one for a mxl or a Trinidad 16a let me know
Forsure bro. I believe the SX clamp fits the MX Series and the HX and JX have a little bigger clamp. I have a Trinidad 16 as well I haven’t made one for it but when I do I will keep you in mind

InDeepShip

Nov 5, 2017
SD
Name
Adam
Boat
N/A
Forsure bro. I believe the SX clamp fits the MX Series and the HX and JX have a little bigger clamp. I have a Trinidad 16 as well I haven’t made one for it but when I do I will keep you in mind
Yea something nice and small for just a surface irons to fit threw I bet you could sell them like hot cakes on here

Reactions: Edward Duran

Edward Duran

Mar 10, 2018
Irvine
Name
Edward Duran
Boat
Hobie Kayak
Just finished up all the clamps let me know if interested :D

IMG_1217.JPG IMG_1220.JPG