reel recommendations for ultralight casting?

SergeyS

Oct 8, 2020
Huntington Beach
charkbait.com
Name
Sergey Smith
Boat
Imaginary
BFS? Any rod blank recommendations?
"bait finesse system" or something along those lines. Basically just using low profiles for casting very light lures down to 1/64oz. The reels are typically shallower and smaller to get a lighter spool so they can spin even when casting a light lure. Magnetic cast control is essential. The main benefit is higher accuracy when casting vs a fixed spool reel.

The blank will mostly depend on your application, shorter is great for getting around when fishing creeks so 7ft would be the limit for me there. I like my Rainshadow IMMP70L for that line class, but I have some United Composites for similar applications a UC 700XL, PU 76UL-41, and PU80UL.

Reactions: booo
Upvote 0

SergeyS

Oct 8, 2020
Huntington Beach
charkbait.com
Name
Sergey Smith
Boat
Imaginary
What BFS reels do you like? Which ones do you sell?
I have the zephyr, a code zero lepton and a zillion sv tw 100. For 1/8oz and under I like the zephyr since the cast control is better, the lepton is alright but the cast control isn't amazing. The zillion is great for 3/16 and 1/4oz+, awesome swimbait reel but not exactly tailor made for bfs due to the bigger size. I sell medium to heavy saltwater gear, nothing that would work for such a light application.

Upvote 0

booo

Almost A Member
May 21, 2009
Ventura COunty, CA
Name
Tim
Boat
none
I have the zephyr, a code zero lepton and a zillion sv tw 100. For 1/8oz and under I like the zephyr since the cast control is better, the lepton is alright but the cast control isn't amazing. The zillion is great for 3/16 and 1/4oz+, awesome swimbait reel but not exactly tailor made for bfs due to the bigger size. I sell medium to heavy saltwater gear, nothing that would work for such a light application.
Thanks

Upvote 0