Reel Match for Travel Rod

TsTime

May 9, 2006
IB
Name
Gary
Boat Name
37' Strike Walk Around
Heading to Rancho Leonero in May and will fish off the beach and kayak. I am getting the NTi-S-703ML-M and would like to match with reel. I will also use this set up in other areas and in San Diego, primarily saltwater. Would like to keep budget for reel at $200. Thinking baitrunner also. Any suggestions? Used the NTi-C-703ML-M on the Amazon with Curado 300 EJ for great results and now ready to add the spin set up for the travel quiver. 100_2933.jpg

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

ondarvr

Floating away
Sep 5, 2009
Monroe WA
Name
Jody Wyse
Boat Name
Blue Wave
I have an NTi-S-703 M-MH with a battle 4000, it works well, used it in the Keys in Oct. and Alaska in August.

Upvote 0

dueceswild

Jan 3, 2012
Merrick, NY
Name
Doug
Boat Name
The Black Pearl
Penn's new Conflict series of spinning reels is pretty bad ass....it's like an updated Battle. Lighter in weight with more drag and all black cosmetics. I just picked up a Conflict 5000 for striper fishing off the east coast and I'm glad I did! I would imagine for what you're looking, the Conflict 3000 would be just fine. Best part is they run in the $125 range on Ebay....just make sure you buy one from a reputable seller in the U.S. so you don't get a cheap Chinese knockoff....

You could also go with Penn's new Spinfisher V....A little more expensive than the Conflict but again it has higher drag ratings and is fully sealed making it water proof if it happens to take a dip in the ocean....

Upvote 0

Swampchicken

Master Of All Thats Good
Nov 30, 2007
Yorba Linda
www.okumafishingusa.com
Name
Davey
Boat Name
Parker 1800 "Work Boat"
I'd take a look at the Okuma CJ-40S or the RawII-40. Both are exceptional reels and should do you well. If you are going purely cosmetics, the Cedros reel would match up color wise.

Upvote 0