REDUCED, $74,995 38' UNIFLITE!

Big Bay Yachts

Scott Big Bay Yachts

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 2, 2017
uniflite reduced.png

Great opportunity to own a classy West Coast 1982 Uniflite Sportfisher. This boat has been meticulously maintained and shows extremely well. She is powered with Low Hour 671 Detroit Turbos and cruises comfortably at 18 knots with a top speed of 23knots. Interior is in fantastic shape and all interior wood is in excellent condition. The boat is rigged and ready to fish with a long list of features. Owner wants it sold call today!

Call Bob Woodard @ 619-227-5478!

Reactions: bman440440

bman440440

I am the one who knocks!!!
Sep 8, 2010
San Diego 92117
Name
B-MAN
Boat
Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Sip N' Slide (33' 2 deck w/slide) Ships & Giggles (32' double deck pontoon)
View attachment 1258017
Great opportunity to own a classy West Coast 1982 Uniflite Sportfisher. This boat has been meticulously maintained and shows extremely well. She is powered with Low Hour 671 Detroit Turbos and cruises comfortably at 18 knots with a top speed of 23knots. Interior is in fantastic shape and all interior wood is in excellent condition. The boat is rigged and ready to fish with a long list of features. Owner wants it sold call today!

Call Bob Woodard @ 619-227-5478!

I know all the uni's had blister problems how good/bad is this one?

af dreamer

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
Not ALL had blisters,there were certain years where they made resin change.I owned 2 that had none.Pretty sure early 80s were.Baisicly put them OB.38 was one of the best boats I ever owned.FYI,you can't see hem when your inside the boat.Tom

bman440440

I am the one who knocks!!!
Sep 8, 2010
San Diego 92117
Name
B-MAN
Boat
Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Sip N' Slide (33' 2 deck w/slide) Ships & Giggles (32' double deck pontoon)
Not ALL had blisters,there were certain years where they made resin change.I owned 2 that had none.Pretty sure early 80s were.Baisicly put them OB.38 was one of the best boats I ever owned.FYI,you can't see hem when your inside the boat.Tom

from what I have read on the uniflite boards when they did the change in resin in 1980... from then on the boats had blister problems if they where in warmer waters (south of San Jose on the west coast and south North Carolina on east coast) and no you cant see it from the inside but they would require yearly haul outs to "address" the problem areas... and the consensus was that after 6-8 years of haul outs and fixing problem areas the complete bottom would be done in that time and the boat is good to go from then on... now keep in mind that this is what I have found on the owners forums and this is not first hand experience.

martin3

Captain
Sep 6, 2012
Bellflower, CA
Name
Martin
Boat
19 Arima Sea Ranger w/ Skiptop
from what I have read on the uniflite boards when they did the change in resin in 1980... from then on the boats had blister problems if they where in warmer waters (south of San Jose on the west coast and south North Carolina on east coast) and no you cant see it from the inside but they would require yearly haul outs to "address" the problem areas... and the consensus was that after 6-8 years of haul outs and fixing problem areas the complete bottom would be done in that time and the boat is good to go from then on... now keep in mind that this is what I have found on the owners forums and this is not first hand experience.

We owned a 1977 40 Uniflite that was blistered bad.
We did a lot of research in repairing the boat, we managed to remove most of them permanently.....but a few problem areas would always return.

The bad years were 1976-1980. The 1st change in Resin was done at end of 1975 production run. Fire retardant was added to the formula. This was the cause of the blistering problem.

By 1980, the resin formula was changed. Late model boats should not have the major blister issue. The damage to Uniflite brand was done, just a few years later they were forced out of business.

Reactions: historic

oceanjake

May 10, 2005
Long Beach
Name
Jake
Boat
36’ Tiara Express
You don’t actually need to address them at all most of the time. They are not structural. Typically you just haul on your regular schedule for paint and if anything is larger than a quarter you go ahead and grind those. Not a big expense either.