PENN

IronMikeAC

Aug 2, 2013
torrance, ca
Name
Mike
Boat
Vagabond
Just got back from the Rooster Trip, Sonny Jones chartmaster. Best BFT fishing I've ever seen. First bite, first nite from 1:30 am to sunrise on 50 to 100lb BFTs. Nearly wide open. All on sinker rigs. Tried lots jigs for nothing. Got 80 in that drift and went thru almost all my lead
They were biting 80lb no prob. These fish pulled above their weight, like 150 pounders. Daytime scratching for another dozen or so. Next nite stopped on another school that was no go. Only 3 fish. Next day, scratched to afternoon. Found a school of 100 pounder crashing the chum. Finished of our limits again on sinker rigs and flylined. Maybe only 5 for the trip on jigs. Rooster3 was in awesome shape. Andy and crew still best in class. Many newbies with Sonny experienced their first tuna fishing. In my opinion, best BFTs fishing I've ever seen for numbers and quality.
20210618_044052.jpg

Screenshot_20210620-184630_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210620-072713_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

bdubs73

Feb 7, 2008
San Diego
Name
Brian
Boat
none
I saw you guys were out there killing it! Way to get it done. Sinker rig fishing is not the most glamorous, but it produces results. I agree, this is the best BFT fishing I have seen out here, crazy season so far!

Reactions: Tuna Dreamer
Upvote 0

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    Just got back from the Rooster Trip, Sonny Jones chartmaster. Best BFT fishing I've ever seen. First bite, first nite from 1:30 am to sunrise on 50 to 100lb BFTs. Nearly wide open. All on sinker rigs. Tried lots jigs for nothing. Got 80 in that drift and went thru almost all my lead
    They were biting 80lb no prob. These fish pulled above their weight, like 150 pounders. Daytime scratching for another doen or so. Next nite stopped on another school that was no go. Only 3 fish. Next day, scratched to afternoon. Found a school of 100 pounder crashing the chum. Finished of our limits again on sinker rigs and flylined. Maybe only 5 for the trip on jigs. Rooster3 was in awesome shape. Any and crew still best in class. Many newbies with Sonny experienced their first tuna fishing. In my opinion, best BFTs fishing I've ever seen for numbers and quality. View attachment 1291933

View attachment 1291938

View attachment 1291939
    What a score, looks like great fun! 👍