the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Guessing it's all the orange stuff closer to the shoreline. Typically the orange patches are not there.

yrd

BS on no pics ..!.,
Jun 14, 2009
Flux
Name
Ted
Boat
anything w/ HOOK-UP!!!
Chloro chart is the right one to look at. Try the 1 day, three day, and then the eight day for trends(Comparing with water temps...) and it will be over by...?!?

chachi10

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 28, 2018
San Diego
Name
Chachi
Boat
None
Use the one day chloro composite, that is the most recent cloro chart. If it has major gaps, that area was cloudy and the satellite couldn't get a reading so knock it back to the 3 day composite. That's the past 3 days blended into one chart so it may be slightly dated.

All the red/orange on the chart is red tide. I bet another week, maybe 2

Pescador Paul

Jun 11, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
Name
Paul
Boat
Sold the Pursuit- Only a kayak and Wave Runner now
The ocean and bays in San Diego are currently the color of chocolate milk and smell very foul. I have never seen/smelled it like this in the 30 years I have lived in the area.

Paul

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
The ocean and bays in San Diego are currently the color of chocolate milk and smell very foul. I have never seen/smelled it like this in the 30 years I have lived in the area.

Paul
Do you think this is Tijuana sewage ?

nosurf4u

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 1, 2012
Long Beach Ca.
Name
sean mccabe
Boat
Calibogie 15 "pilau"
Super stinky in Long Beach this AM.....That stuff if bad enough will cause a fish kill off due to lack of oxygen. Remember a bad one in the 70's the whole Alamitos Bay fish population died off!!

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV
Was shocked watching everyone let their kids swim in it in Dana this weekend. Tons of bacteria. No bueno for open cuts.

DoubletroubleII

Fish On!
Nov 18, 2008
Placerville, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
19' Harbercraft
Super stinky in Long Beach this AM.....That stuff if bad enough will cause a fish kill off due to lack of oxygen. Remember a bad one in the 70's the whole Alamitos Bay fish population died off!!
Do remember........had a sailboat in Alamitos Bay at the time........very nasty.

Greg Baumann

Sep 25, 2018
Los Angeles
Name
Greg Baumann
Boat
Kayak
Record April runoff full of nutrients from our lawns, septic and sewage overflows and other good stuff could have caused the algae bloom. Ain't no scientist but seems possible.

Reactions: undrH2Ohntr