my fingers are crossed

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
why the hell cant free adults sign a release acknowledging the risk and go...anyone that doesnt have a fever already isnt gonna die on a 3 day

do we have to riot?

Last edited:

spinner

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 2, 2007
irvine
Name
mikegooing
Boat
none
930am or 1130 am Tuesday/just sitting it out and waiting for the call

UtahTuna

Mar 10, 2012
ut
Name
UtahTuna
Boat
Kon Tiki
why the hell cant free adults sign a release acknowledging the risk and go...anyone that doesnt have a fever already isnt gonna die on a 3 day

do we have to riot?
Hi Stairman

As free adults, both you and I have the right to complain, lament, and to offer our opinions. Our laws provide this right.

As free Adults we also have responsibilities to avoid harming the rights of others. Such as sharing a virus that we may be carrying, to others on a boat. The other anglers then taking the virus home to their families. Etc.

No, one will likely die on the 3 day trip, they can however die a week or so later, at home.

Our laws also prohibit rioting. None have the right to riot and hopefully none wish to become a riot victim.

I'd like to get back on board too, but carefully.

Utah Tuna

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
Hi Stairman

As free adults, both you and I have the right to complain, lament, and to offer our opinions. Our laws provide this right.

As free Adults we also have responsibilities to avoid harming the rights of others. Such as sharing a virus that we may be carrying, to others on a boat. The other anglers then taking the virus home to their families. Etc.

No, one will likely die on the 3 day trip, they can however die a week or so later, at home.

Our laws also prohibit rioting. None have the right to riot and hopefully none wish to become a riot victim.

Utah Tuna
So then don’t sign the waiver and stay home. Easy peasy right? Basically you made his point. If it’s that big a deal to you then you have the choice to stay home, for those that it isn’t they can sign the dotted line and go

Everyone owns their own decisions and reasons and has the freedom to choose.

stank

May 16, 2005
Norco, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
None
Hi Stairman

Utah Tuna
In other words, you have the right to do whatever the state tells you.

greatbasin

Jun 22, 2007
Idaho
Name
Greg
Boat
Knot Yet
With a risk of dying that has been 0.24% across all age groups (0-85) since this flu started.
I say it's time to grow a pair, put down the face mask, venture outside and enjoy freedom before it's completly gone.

Mean Gene

Old Fat Guy
Oct 27, 2013
Ennis, Montana
Name
Gene
Boat
The Searcher
With a risk of dying that has been 0.24% across all age groups (0-85) since this flu started.
I say it's time to grow a pair, put down the face mask, venture outside and enjoy freedom before it's completly gone.

105k deaths, 325M population...believe that means your actual chance of catching this and dying is .032% . I hope it opens soon.

Artois

Dec 29, 2011
Artois/CA/USA
Name
Roy
Boat
Not Given
Two things trouble me about so many that make comments here and elsewhere:

It's either die or fully recover. There are many who suffer long term after affects. I am also concerned if there will be birth defects similar to measles and other. This will take time to determine.

How casually people write about death from this virus. Terms such as "most were old anyway", "we all have to die sometime", "grow a pair" etc. These, and similar statements, are callous, thoughtless and completely misappropriate.

This thread started out as a report on the RR3 trip scheduled to leave today. Lets be more concerned about the crew, support staff, owners and the 14 passengers to don't get to go.

spinner

Dec 2, 2007
irvine
Name
mikegooing
Boat
none
as of today the rooster is a no go/voted down by the Citi not the gov/ 4-1 was not good enough. to much speculation to talk about it without the facts/but the new info is that 80%of the cases are non symptomatic/so that means that the cases reported and the total deaths are only in the 20% range of all of the people infected/have you ever been on a long range trip with someone on board who is sick?everyone gets sick and what iffy sign the waver and no one is responsible for making sure no one is sick/trip insurance is not any good if you are the one that gets sick too/they are going to have to come up with some strict guidelines to get the ok to go out ,I bet

Lundalakan

Sep 29, 2016
Socal, Poway
Name
Lou
Boat
Lund alaskan
105k deaths, 325M population...believe that means your actual chance of catching this and dying is .032% . I hope it opens soon.
I probably have the same risk of dying everytime I transit the greater LA area when I go visit my daughter in Santa Barbara

Reactions: Mean Gene

Freddiefish

Mar 5, 2019
Huffman Tx
Name
Freddie
Boat
Carolina Skiff
Two things trouble me about so many that make comments here and elsewhere:

It's either die or fully recover. There are many who suffer long term after affects. I am also concerned if there will be birth defects similar to measles and other. This will take time to determine.

How casually people write about death from this virus. Terms such as "most were old anyway", "we all have to die sometime", "grow a pair" etc. These, and similar statements, are callous, thoughtless and completely misappropriate.

This thread started out as a report on the RR3 trip scheduled to leave today. Lets be more concerned about the crew, support staff, owners and the 14 passengers to don't get to go.
How does anyone know about "long term after effects" if the virus has only been around for a short term?

Omarkayak

Jul 26, 2007
Northridge, CA
Name
Bills
Boat
11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
Covid risk is very low to a given individual in general, true. And go ahead, you should be able to assume that risk. Problem is, especially given potential transmission from apparently asymptomatic folks, you may be making that decision for others in the process. That strikes me as an uncaring attitude.

Apologies for venturing that opinion. Normally I’m the most non-empathetic person you’d never want to meet. Now what’d I do with that combo sarcastic/dead earnest imogee?

Good fishin!
BDC OK

stank

May 16, 2005
Norco, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
None
Yes, every time I drive my car I can potentially cause an accident that could kill an entire family.

Every time my wife cooks dinner she runs the risk of burning down the entire neighborhood.

Here's an easy question, when will there be no risk from covid19 related deaths?

• Haha
Reactions: jbarbosa and Juanba

Lundalakan

Sep 29, 2016
Socal, Poway
Name
Lou
Boat
Lund alaskan
Yes, every time I drive my car I can potentially cause an accident that could kill an entire family.

Every time my wife cooks dinner she runs the risk of burning down the entire neighborhood.

Here's an easy question, when will there be no risk from covid19 related deaths?
covid will likely be eclipsed when flu season kicks off next fall and folks start freaking out over the common flu

Mtnfshr

Nov 20, 2011
Thornton
Name
Chuck Mc
Boat
none
How does anyone know about "long term after effects" if the virus has only been around for a short term?
From what I've read, people that have been on a ventilator, are experiencing after effects. Yes, they survived the virus, and the treatment. And now, the after effects are giving them issues as well. Maybe they can fully recover and maybe not. Time and studies will tell.

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster