Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Lemm

May 12, 2015
Name
Jeff Lemm
Boat
Cyclura
ConSea, I do get it. Sorry for the situation with your daughter. Would you rather live near people, who are way more dangerous than animals? I guess you could always move, but that is something you need to choose, just as you chose to live in the wild where animals have been way before we came along.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
ConSeaMate, big pond huh I'm listening. Any fish in it?
Now it is......some rich....really rich people bought the property........it's called Lotus Pond......in Hidden Meadows....

Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
ConSea, get it. Sorry for the situation with your daughter. Would you rather live near people, who are way more dangerous than animals? I guess you could always move, but that is something you need to choose, just as you chose to live in the wild where animals have been way before we came along.

Now you're crossing the line.
No offense, but you're not aware of the situation in it's entirety. I would recommend going back and reading his position.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
ConSea, I do get it. Sorry for the situation with your daughter. Would you rather live near people, who are way more dangerous than animals? I guess you could always move, but that is something you need to choose, just as you chose to live in the wild where animals have been way before we came along.
I agree that people are way more dangerous then animals.....but since she doesn't have the capacity to understand the danger it's my duty to make it as safe as possible for her.......I stepped out of the back door last year and almost stepped on one....... if that was Sarah she would have been bit.....and if I took your approach of just relocating it and in a month or two that snake came back and bit Sarah I would have to live with the fact that I didn't do the necessary thing to protect her.......there is obviously a breeding den in the canyon behind my property to see this many of these endangered snakes........

Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
I agree that people are way more dangerous then animals.....but since she doesn't have the capacity to understand the danger it's my duty to make it as safe as possible for her.......I stepped out of the back door last year and almost stepped on one....... if that was Sarah she would have been bit.....and if I took your approach of just relocating it and in a month or two that snake came back and bit Sarah I would have to live with the fact that I didn't do the necessary thing to protect her.......there is obviously a breeding den in the canyon behind my property to see this many of these endangered snakes........

Frank, take a deep breath. It's all good. He's simply trying to describe his thoughts. No need to get upset. As this discussion progresses, an understanding of both sides of the discussion will be realized.

P.S. How's Beau? I miss that mutt.

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
It's been here for 5 years....you have more then 8 thousand posts.......you comment on everything........it gets old....really old.....I stopped coming here for over a year because of people like you........why can't you just have enough class when someone asks you to stop bothering them to just leave them alone instead of poking the bull?.....are you a Blood Donor?......

Obviously you're stubborn and you can't fix stupid. BD owns the rights to all material posted here, so this is not "your thread." My message regarding snake training dogs is for everyone else who will listen.

BTW I can't donate blood because I contracted Hepatitis A after eating raw scallops in Baja. You should know that, fucking idiot!

Upvote 0

Jeff Lemm

May 12, 2015
Name
Jeff Lemm
Boat
Cyclura
Sorry, I don't fully get what is going on (thanks for the heads-up EZ, not trying to cross any lines). I am really trying to help with the snake situation - it will not change unless you have a wall over 4 feet tall around your property (not realistic in most cases). If you are in the habitat, they will be there, period. There is no such thing as a breeding den, you are just simply in good habitat for them. That is why I said moving your location is the only option to stay safe from snakes (as I understand it from the description of where you live). Do what you need to do to keep your child safe, but also remember that you don't won't to get hurt either (killing a snake). Right now is breeding season, which is mostly taking place up in the deep brush. Males are moving around looking for girls and now is when snakes are moving the most (mostly in the mornings and afternoons). As it gets really hot, they will become nocturnal, so watch your step at night. They will come in houses if the door or garage is left open, but it is somewhat rare. Wide open spaces is what they avoid. My house backs up to some very nice coastal sage. I have a large expanse of synthetic turf and very few bushes near the house and they don't come near the house. They stay in the far back of the property where there are hiding places and bushes. Good luck

Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
Sorry, I don't fully get what is going on (thanks for the heads-up EZ, not trying to cross any lines). I am really trying to help with the snake will not change unless you have a wall over 4 feet tall around your property (not realistic in most cases). If you are in the habitat, they will be there, period. There is no such thing as a breeding den, you are just simply in good habitat for them. That is why I said moving your location is the only option to stay safe from snakes (as I understand it from the description of where you live). Do what you need to do to keep your child safe, but also remember that you don't won't to get hurt either (killing a snake). Right now is breeding season, which is mostly taking place up in the deep brush. Males are moving around looking for girls and now is when snakes are moving the most (mostly in the mornings and afternoons). As it gets really hot, they will become nocturnal, so watch your step at night. They will come in houses if the door or garage is left open, but it is somewhat rare. Wide open spaces is what they avoid. My house backs up to some very nice coastal sage. I have a large expanse of synthetic turf and very few bushes near the house and they don't come near the house. They stay in the far back of the property where there are hiding places and bushes. Good luck

No worries. It's your approach towards the problem. Take into account other views of the topic.
You're going way outside of the discussion one sided. No harm no foul but read, All opinions have been based on a threat, not snakes in general.
To say "move" if you're not comfortable with the threat is a bit outside the box.
Thoughts?

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
Obviously you're stubborn and you can't fix stupid. BD owns the rights to all material posted here, so this is not "your thread." My message regarding snake training dogs is for everyone else who will listen.

BTW I can't donate blood because I contracted Hepatitis A after eating raw scallops in Baja. You should know that, fucking idiot!

I can't donate blood either but I showed up and helped out the guys ......even brought some chips and stuff for the donors to eat.....well mostly ate hot dogs and Hamburgers....see how that works?......go away you fuc$ing tool.......

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
I thought you were done here.......

Ok, just being fair and playing devils advocate here.

Frank...... had you not made the above comment right after Steve's reply (which wasn't a bad reply by him at all), then none of this would be taking place right now at all.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
Ok, just being fair and playing devils advocate here.

Frank...... had you not made the above comment right after Steve's reply (which wasn't a bad reply by him at all), then none of this would be taking place right now at all.

How do I make you go away?......

Upvote 0

Jeff Lemm

May 12, 2015
Name
Jeff Lemm
Boat
Cyclura
Gotcha - but that is how I see it. If snakes are such a major threat, then the only thing you can do is move. If the habitat is so good that they are a constant problem, that is not going to change unless the whole place is bulldozed and has a wall around it. I don't feel I'm being rude, I'm stating how I feel as someone who knows snakes. There is no real threat until you go try to kill one. I also said that you do what you need to do, but I really don't think endangering yourself is the answer.

Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
Gotcha - but that is how I see it. If snakes are such a major threat, then the only thing you can do is move. If the habitat is so good that they are a constant problem, that is not going to change unless the whole place is bulldozed and has a wall around it. I don't feel I'm being rude, I'm stating how I feel as someone who knows snakes. There is no real threat until you go try to kill one. I also said that you do what you need to do, but I really don't think endangering yourself is the answer.

No one ever said they are an elevated level of threat. You're skirting the conversation.

Bottom line: if it poses a threat it's dispatched. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: R&R
Upvote 0

clintonstick

Mar 18, 2014
Name
mike
Boat
g3
Killed another Red......they seem to be active this year....be careful if you live in an area that might have rattlers.....Sylvia walked out of the house to go get Sarah off the bus and she almost stepped on it.....she heard the rattles.....very lucky.....

View attachment 589759
I had a dog die from rattlesnake bite before.I was chukar hunting almost dark,i left my shotgun up on the mountain had to carry my dog off the mountain back to my truck about 4 or 5 hours,by the time i got home it was 2am.I should of called a vet that night but was young and stupid and thought i would see what he was like in the morning and he was dead.I remember it was in october and it was raining that day and i buried him in my father in laws field.He was a great pheasant dog,and when i was digging the hole i heard a big rooster crow and looked up in this tree and saw him.I cried over that dog,i spent alot of time with that lab.He was a lousy chukar dog wild flushed everything,but that dog could bust cattails all day.I defintely can see a guy shooting a rattlesnake on his own property.

Reactions: R&R and ConSeaMate
Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
Putting the property up for sale first thing in the morning..........

Reactions: R&R
Upvote 0

Jeff Lemm

May 12, 2015
Name
Jeff Lemm
Boat
Cyclura
EZ, what I am trying to say is that they are not a true threat and if you feel they are the best thing to do is move - I'm not skirting anything. My level of threat is different than yours because I work around them on a daily basis and ma comfortable with them. That is the whole point I was trying to make

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
While my dog was being treated for a rattle snake bite in Gardnerville Nevada, my wife had an interesting conversation with another woman in the bathroom of a restaurant. Wife tells the lady what happened to our dog and all the stress. The lady proceeds to tell my wife how her dog decided it would be cool to take a piss on a rattler and proceeded to get bit bit on his pecker. Ouch. And no my wife did not ask her if she sucked the venom out.

I thought you were done here.......

he was but thinking about snakes and bites and that brought sucking a dogs cock after a snake bite to mind and he couldn't resist

Last edited:
Reactions: ConSeaMate
Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
LOL dude, you've got alot of something going on right now........ don't know what it is, but you're not acting right bro. Hope whatever it is you get it all sorted out...... because this isn't you right now. ;)

You know me that well Mike?....making a judgmental statement like that is pretty strong coming from a guy that doesn't know he has to step on the brake pedal to start a car.........

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Upper management can reopen if they want, but this has went far enough....and Mike and Frank, you guys crack me up, and both are good guys.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.