wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
oh boy let's not get the bull shit started again... everyone just calm the fuck down....LOL

....and stay on topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :puff:

okokokok....rattlesnakes are serious shit. when I was young, we had a ranch. Cows are naturally nosey creatures. every once in a while, one would show up with either a bit nose or bit cheek. they lived. kids and dogs? probably not so much. rattlers - at that time and well before global warming - only rattled when threatened.....and rarely when stretched out and traveling. they can only strike a maximum of partial distance of their overall length..and that is only when coiled - new guy can probably detail that one out for ya'all.

Basically: stay 6' away from a 6' rattler and you're golden. try petting their cold little noses? the results wont be so much on the golden side of that spectrum.

someone above alluded to snakes hunting people..... :rofl:

Reactions: Blackfish
Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now

okokokok....rattlesnakes are serious shit. when I was young, we had a ranch. Cows are naturally nosey creatures. every once in a while, one would show up with either a bit nose or bit cheek. they lived. kids and dogs? probably not so much. rattlers - at that time and well before global warming - only rattled when threatened.....and rarely when stretched out and traveling. they can only strike a maximum of partial distance of their overall length..and that is only when coiled - new guy can probably detail that one out for ya'all.

Basically: stay 6' away from a 6' rattler and you're golden. try petting their cold little noses? the results wont be so much on the golden side of that spectrum.

someone above alluded to snakes hunting people. way to rip apart your own cred, dude. ;)
They can strike when there are not coiled as well , I've seen it..maybe not as far .. piss one off and it goes crazy..

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Just stop posting on my threads Biggest T.....then you don't have to listen to me.....or is that Biggest Ass?.....and what hole am I digging?....I have a 28 year old Daughter with Downs syndrome that likes to walk the yard.....she doesn't understand the snake bite thing and that she will die because of the Heart surgeries shes gone through........so just STFU........I don't post on your threads.....don't put your 2 cents in on mine.......

Wow, someone really has their panties in a bunch. You really need to take a deep breath and settle down. I was only speaking to the dog and you're apparent encouragement of it playing with dead rattle snakes. I was not aware of your daughters condition, which is obviously a handful, but there s no need to lash out at anyone over that. I am well aware of special needs children, as I have a nephew who is Autistic, though functional enough that snake avoidance can easily be addressed.

Do yourself a favor, get the dog snake trained.

Upvote 0

wils

May 31, 2003
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
They can strike when there are not coiled as well , I've seen it..maybe not as far .. piss one off and it goes crazy..

thats the fun part of internet posting. 100% of 100% is hard to type inside my own attention span. Yeah, they can do lots of shit. my point was that if you stay away from a rattler at a minimum distance of its own length, you will never EVER get bit. If he's chasing you.....RUN, FOREST, RUN!!!!. :D

Upvote 0

Jeff Lemm

May 12, 2015
Name
Jeff Lemm
Boat
Cyclura
They can strike about half the distance of their body, and they don't need to be coiled. They only strike if threatened or cornered - most of the time they want to get away. Dogs do pretty well with bites, cats do not. Kids do pretty well too, it just depends on the species and how much venom, size of snake, health of child, etc. It is very, very rare to die from a rattlesnake bite - in fact, more people are killed by bees, dogs, and horses.

Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ

someone above alluded to snakes hunting people..... :rofl:

So, tell us about the impacts of global warming to the ability of this species striking distance. I saw what you attempted to do there. :D

Reactions: wils
Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Wow, someone really has their panties in a bunch. You really need to take a deep breath and settle down. I was only speaking to the dog and you're apparent encouragement of it playing with dead rattle snakes. I was not aware of your daughters condition, which is obviously a handful, but there s no need to lash out at anyone over that. I am well aware of special needs children, as I have a nephew who is Autistic, though functional enough that snake avoidance can easily be addressed.

Do yourself a favor, get the dog snake trained.
Now your just being a stupid idiot....no where did I sayI allowed my dog to play with the snake......I put him inside the house while I killed it......after cutting the head off I went inside to get some trash bags because Brent Ikari wants the snake.......I let Beau out and while I was putting it in the bag Beau bit the snake.....I did n't hold it out there for him to bite it.....why can't you understand this simple fact?.....I'm asking you for the last time to not post on my threads.....now go Fu$k off......

Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
Poor snake!

LOL

Reactions: ConSeaMate
Upvote 0

Jeff Lemm

May 12, 2015
Name
Jeff Lemm
Boat
Cyclura
Not sure what you mean by what I tried to do there EZ - no, global warming is not affecting our snakes, although the drought is (are the two related? dunno, not my expertise)

Upvote 0

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Now your just being a stupid idiot....no where did I sayI allowed my dog to play with the snake......I put him inside the house while I killed it......after cutting the head off I went inside to get some trash bags because Brent Ikari wants the snake.......I let Beau out and while I was putting it in the bag Beau bit the snake.....I did n't hold it out there for him to bite it.....why can't you understand this simple fact?.....I'm asking you for the last time to not post on my threads.....now go Fu$k off......

LOL. I'll continue posting because it's hysterical to see you get all worked up.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
They can strike about half the distance of their body, and they don't need to be coiled. They only strike if threatened or cornered - most of the time they want to get away. Dogs do pretty well with bites, cats do not. Kids do pretty well too, it just depends on the species and how much venom, size of snake, health of child, etc. It is very, very rare to die from a rattlesnake bite - in fact, more people are killed by bees, dogs, and horses.

So if you had a daughter with Down Syndrome and she had several heart surgeries and a patch on her heart would you allow these snakes in her yard?...
LOL. I'll continue posting because it's hysterical to see you get all worked up.
No you'll continue posting because you're a dirt bag........like I said earlier why don't you comment or help out on the Military kids Fishing trip?......

Upvote 0

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
So if you had a daughter with Down Syndrome and she had several heart surgeries and a patch on her heart would you allow these snakes in her yard?...

No you'll continue posting because you're a dirt bag........like I said earlier why don't you comment or help out on the Military kids Fishing trip?......

I have no knowledge of the Military Kids Fishing Trip. I regularly donate to charities of my choosing. I am currently working 12 to 14 hour days, so my time is extremely limited. Glad to hear you doing something besides making angry posts on Internet forums.

Upvote 0

Jeff Lemm

May 12, 2015
Name
Jeff Lemm
Boat
Cyclura
ConSea, you need a yard clean of debris...but you still don't have a choice if they come in to your yard if you live near good habitat. Education and snake safety, walls, snake fencing. Its all you can do besides watching constantly.

Upvote 0

wils

May 31, 2003
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
Not sure what you mean by what I tried to do there EZ - no, global warming is not affecting our snakes, although the drought is (are the two related? dunno, not my expertise)

I think that he was replying to me

............. rattlers - at that time and well before global warming - .....................

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
ConSea, you need a yard clean of debris...but you still don't have a choice if they come in to your yard if you live near good habitat. Education and snake safety, walls, snake fencing. Its all you can do besides watching constantly.
Would you like to come educate my daughter with Downs?......you just don't get it do you.........I live on 2 acres and the yard is clear of brush......I back up to a wide open canyon where no body lives and there is a big pond at the bottom.....about 1 mile walk......I watched a young Mountain Lion walk right down my driveway.....not more then 15 yards from me.......

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
I have no knowledge of the Military Kids Fishing Trip. I regularly donate to charities of my choosing. I am currently working 12 to 14 hour days, so my time is extremely limited. Glad to hear you doing something besides making angry posts on Internet forums.
It's been here for 5 years....you have more then 8 thousand posts.......you comment on everything........it gets old....really old.....I stopped coming here for over a year because of people like you........why can't you just have enough class when someone asks you to stop bothering them to just leave them alone instead of poking the bull?.....are you a Blood Donor?......

Reactions: Blackfish
Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
It's been here for 5 years....you have more then 8 thousand posts.......you comment on everything........it gets old....really old.....I stopped coming here for over a year because of people like you........why can't you just have enough class when someone asks you to stop bothering them to just leave them alone instead of poking the bull?.....are you a Blood Donor?......

Frank the ignore feature works great.. Who are you talking too... LOL

Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
[QUOTE="ConSeaMate, post: 3754505, member: 800NY most ]Biggest Ass....[/QUOTE]

Frank, who are you replying to? The ignored one the most? Biggest T.? Simon is right, Ignore is your friend.

Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
[QUOTE="ConSeaMate, post: 3754505, member: 800NY most ]Biggest Ass....

Frank, who are you replying to? The ignored one the most? Biggest T.? Simon is right, Ignore is your friend.[/QUOTE]

I kinda picked up on the digging a hole, he's good at it.

Relax. We've got your position. It's all good.

Reactions: gecsr1
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.