28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Snakes!

Sounds like you both can help each other out. He can study and relocate snakes you don't want on your property. Win win.
On occasion that might work , but in some/most instances the wait for arrival for removal is not feasible as immediate action is needed... but will keep it in mind for when there is no immediate threat . also sometimes keeping a rattler at bay can be very dangerous..

matt86m

Not worthy of a Title
Apr 6, 2010
Fountain Valley, CA
Name
Matt
Boat
20' Tiara Pursuit
On occasion that might work , but in some/most instances the wait for arrival for removal is not feasible as immediate action is needed... but will keep it in mind for when there is no immediate threat . also sometimes keeping a rattler at bay can be very dangerous..

I didn't mean you find them for him and wait for him to arrive. He would be on your property (with your permission of course) hunting/studying snakes and if he finds a rattler then he can bag it and relocate it. making your property safer and he gets some more research.

He also said he would like to be able to work on some private property.

"Hi Gary-
I live in Poway, probably not far from you (I hunt the hills often and know the best habitats). You can get ahold of me any time to deal with your rattlesnakes. Hell, I'd love to set up a monitoring system on private land - I could remove any unwanted snakes for you and get to play with s makes at the same time"

All you have to do is allow him on your land.

bajaandy

Condition One
Jun 13, 2008
Escondido
Name
Andy
Boat
Parker 2530 "WET-O's"
I don't want to speak for the crowd, but I'd like to think that the majority of us are not indiscriminately killing every snake we see. That's certainly not what I do, and not the impression I want to project. I live on 8 acres in a very remote area with miles of native habitat in all directions. The only time I'll kill a rattlesnake is if it has made it's way to my abode. Doesn't happen very often, but when it does, the rattlesnake is dispatched. When I come across them on my property, I'll usually persuade them to move in a different direction, provided they are far enough away from the casa. I never kill non-venomous snakes. I fully appreciate the need for a balanced ecosystem, but I temper that with the knowledge that I am the king of my domain, and as the benevolent dictator certain decisions are made with the safety of myself and my family in mind. (By the way, I do kill every black widow spider I see. Those things just give me the heebie jeebies.)

Reactions: wils and gecsr1

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
I didn't mean you find them for him and wait for him to arrive. He would be on your property (with your permission of course) hunting/studying snakes and if he finds a rattler then he can bag it and relocate it. making your property safer and he gets some more research.

He also said he would like to be able to work on some private property.

"Hi Gary-
I live in Poway, probably not far from you (I hunt the hills often and know the best habitats). You can get ahold of me any time to deal with your rattlesnakes. Hell, I'd love to set up a monitoring system on private land - I could remove any unwanted snakes for you and get to play with s makes at the same time"

All you have to do is allow him on your land.
That's a possibility..for sure... but sometimes my dog roams the property and at times he's not mr friendly .. kinda has a protective nature...

Last edited:

BiggestT

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
While my dog was being treated for a rattle snake bite in Gardnerville Nevada, my wife had an interesting conversation with another woman in the bathroom of a restaurant. Wife tells the lady what happened to our dog and all the stress. The lady proceeds to tell my wife how her dog decided it would be cool to take a piss on a rattler and proceeded to get bit bit on his pecker. Ouch. And no my wife did not ask her if she sucked the venom out.

Reactions: Gil Marlin

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
While my dog was being treated for a rattle snake bite in Gardnerville Nevada, my wife had an interesting conversation with another woman in the bathroom of a restaurant. Wife tells the lady what happened to our dog and all the stress. The lady proceeds to tell my wife how her dog decided it would be cool to take a piss on a rattler and proceeded to get bit bit on his pecker. Ouch. And no my wife did not ask her if she sucked the venom out.
I thought you were done here.......

Reactions: stairman

Jeff Lemm

May 12, 2015
Name
Jeff Lemm
Boat
Cyclura
Gary, no worries either way - you can pm me any time
baajandy - glad to hear; nobody needs to go around dispatching snakes out in the bush for no reason (and I didn't think people were doing that, for the record)

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
and for the record I have never killed a snake other then the rattlers.....I have property in Yucca Valley and I kill the Mohave Greens that take up residence in my cabin also!.......

Kent Vansooy

Nov 8, 2007
Oceanside
Name
Kent
Boat
none
If you live next to an open area, you'll likely encounter the occasional snake. You can kill it, but by doing so you're getting close to the thing you're worried about hurting you (kinda like retrieving a lure from a shark's mouth). And even if you successfully kill it without getting bit in the process, as long as your house remains near viable habitat, there will be more snakes around (babies will move in to populate the area). Better to protect your house by removing junk piles and cover that attract rodents. Lots of fisherman enjoy looking for snakes (like me) - the hobbies are similar in a remarkable number of ways - snakes (including rattlers) are another really neat part of the natural world.

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
I am, with you.

There's an old saying that applies here: When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!
Just stop posting on my threads Biggest T.....then you don't have to listen to me.....or is that Biggest Ass?.....and what hole am I digging?....I have a 28 year old Daughter with Downs syndrome that likes to walk the yard.....she doesn't understand the snake bite thing and that she will die because of the Heart surgeries shes gone through........so just STFU........I don't post on your threads.....don't put your 2 cents in on mine.......

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
One more thing......funny I don't see you post up anything on my Military Kids Fishing trip?........

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
just throw a black trash bag over it.

Blackfish

Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
(how do you feel when people keep a black seabags, a short halibut, or overlimit on a species?).
PLEASE keep all the black seabags, and white seabags too. I don't care if they are big or small....kill them all.
...do you know how much damage one BLACK SEAbag, or even one whitesea bag can do to a engine. :D

Reactions: lynndeva and @-EZ

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
PLEASE keep all the black seabags, and white seabags too. I don't care if they are big or small....kill them all.
...do you know how much damage one BLACK SEAbag, or even one whitesea bag can do to a engine. :D
that's racist LOL

Reactions: @-EZ

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
I would never throw a trash over the rattler, then it's anybody's guess where he's at under the trash bag.. kinda like Russian roulette..

Blackfish

Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
that's racist LOL
Its always the black and white seabags that i see...these other seabags, I have never had a issue with. I think they sink out and hug the bottom, so no worries of sucking them up....but if I see one at the surface, I'm killing it.

The ones that are really dangerous, are the colorless seabags....they can get you even when you are not targeting them.

The mixed seabag, or some call them the gray seabag, they can be a issue also...

Mexican Seabag...

I think this is a Persian Seabag. Maybe snake guy Jeff knows? :)

Asian Seabag

Reactions: lynndeva

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
OK...this is a better direction.....lol...

Reactions: gecsr1
Status
Not open for further replies.